Mon 30 Aug: SL: Wakefield Trinity v Leeds Rhinos KO 15:00

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wakefield Trinity
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/21 at 14:30

• Replies 55
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Hampshire

14-13 74 mins

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

18-13 kick to come. Hooter gone

20-13 FT

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

A bit of a nailbiter at the end. Well done, Wakefield.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Attention Leeds fans...have no fear, you will be back to winning ways next weekend.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

6 hours ago, Chrispmartha said:

Well done wakey who thoroughly deserved the win, we were an ill disciplined mess TBH

Leeds have been very consistent with the ill discipline last couple of seasons but especially this year.... They don't seem able to fix it and its a major problem.

Leeds' discipline has been awful this year. Some may think Tetevano is being unfairly targeted but he's pretty much deserved all he's got. Luke Gale has also been suspended twice.

We're really not a good side unless everyone is fit and even then often struggle to be coherent in attack.  Our top two tryscorers this year are both hookers - Dwyer (11) and Leeming (9). All our wingers between them have scored just 19 tries in 22 games. 

People will go on about injuries, and we've had a lot of bad luck there this year, but as with a number of other sides, we need to start playing entertaining rugby even if we're not winning. The 'highlights' reels from most of our games are awful.

5 hours ago, johnh1 said:
14 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Comfortable win for Leeds 

Nailed it again SKS.

A real, rather than fake online persona, Leeds fan would never write that sort of stuff ahead of a game at Belle Vue. A "comfortable win" just isn't the sort of thing that happens very often there.

14 hours ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

Kendal penalises Battye for moving forward before playing ball.

Leeds get ball and then 1 point.

13-13

Yep and in the first half Leeds did the same and guess what the ref sent him back to the mark to play it, this is what frustrates me about inconsistent decisions

5 hours ago, BrisbaneRhino said:

Leeds' discipline has been awful this year. Some may think Tetevano is being unfairly targeted but he's pretty much deserved all he's got. Luke Gale has also been suspended twice.

We're really not a good side unless everyone is fit and even then often struggle to be coherent in attack.  Our top two tryscorers this year are both hookers - Dwyer (11) and Leeming (9). All our wingers between them have scored just 19 tries in 22 games. 

People will go on about injuries, and we've had a lot of bad luck there this year, but as with a number of other sides, we need to start playing entertaining rugby even if we're not winning. The 'highlights' reels from most of our games are awful.

no might be visiting the Committee again after his yellow streaked attack to the ribs of Green from behind whilst Green and Prior were throwing hadbags, Tetavano deserves all he gets nothing but a dirty player.

47 minutes ago, Forever Trinity said:

no might be visiting the Committee again after his yellow streaked attack to the ribs of Green from behind whilst Green and Prior were throwing hadbags, Tetavano deserves all he gets nothing but a dirty player.

The refs generally like to share out the yellow cards evenly following a bout of handbags but, after the way Tetevano flew in with the flying tackle, I expected an extra red card on top of the two yellows.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC

18 minutes ago, Wollo Wollo Wayoo said:

The refs generally like to share out the yellow cards evenly following a bout of handbags but, after the way Tetevano flew in with the flying tackle, I expected an extra red card on top of the two yellows.

Did you manage to catch what started all that off? I missed it

Tetevano needs to concentrate on playing rugby he’s been a liability this year, with Bentley joining us were going to playing withh 11 men mist of next years.

The problem is refs (because they are  human) will be swayed by the player’s history, a few weeks ago against  Hudds Tetevano got a yellow for a perfectly legal challenge, but it’s his own fault for getting that reputation

9 hours ago, redjonn said:

Leeds have been very consistent with the ill discipline last couple of seasons but especially this year.... They don't seem able to fix it and its a major problem.

And they've signed James Bentley, i'm sure their discipline will improve next year 😆

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

Archived