Mon 30 Aug: SL: Salford Red Devils v Hull FC KO 14:00

Who will win?  

10 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Salford Red Devils
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/21 at 13:30

• Replies 54
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There were signs in the loss to Catalans that our attacking structures were starting to click so today wasn't a total surprise. Well, apart from the fact we didn't give away a penalty for a high tackle for the first time this season.

Another positive is the continued improvement of Sam Luckley. He's fully earnt his chance to run out at St James' next weekend and I hope Sky/RFL socials give his story a bit of a focus. 

Also, any news on where Ken Sio is off to next season? He walks into every side in SL bar St Helens and Catalans.

2 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Yet again, it’s about Hull being Carp, and not a mention about Salford playing well. Are the likes of Salford, Leigh, Wakefield and HKR never allowed to play well?

They are allowed to play well. (Salford anyway...) I thought they did a good job against Catalans for a chunk of the game and should have been only 6 behind for a long period (cats scored off a fwd pass to make it 22-10). At least they fired some shots ... Which is more than a lot of teams do against the French. Leigh's shambolic "effort" today being the latest example. 

I was very confident they would beat Hull today. 

6 hours ago, johnh1 said:

Yet again, it’s about Hull being Carp, and not a mention about Salford playing well. Are the likes of Salford, Leigh, Wakefield and HKR never allowed to play well?

I refer you to my fellow Hull fan's post below.

13 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

This is a shocking result considering this side were just beaten by Leigh just over a week ago.

Leigh shipped in 60 yesterday yet they beat Salford last time out. We put 60 odd on Leigh at their place. I know it doesn't strictly work like that but it should give you a clue as to who should have been the favourites at your place yesterday.

Well done on the win btw, you can only beat what turns up in front of you and the Reds did it in some style.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived