Mon 30 Aug: SL: Catalans Dragons v Leigh Centurions KO 19:15

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/21 at 18:45

1 hour ago, lucky 7 said:

Blowouts like this don't do the game any favours and again shows the folly of gifting a team a Super League place where they are clearly out of their depth and didn't have enough time to put a competitive squad together.

The 2 men responsible for Leigh's embarrassing season should hang their heads in shame, and again shows what a waste of money it was paying Robert Elstone in thinking that Leigh could add something to Super League.

You are missing the whole point of putting Leigh or any other team for that matter in SL.

Whoever it was the mission was accomplished, it brought the league back to 12 teams to pacify the SKY contract, and engineered by the SL clubs to Save some money and in fact to give them some money they would otherwise have missed, take Wigan for example in the game with Leigh at the DW the attendance was 9,200 at approx averaging at £25 = £230,000, now tell Leneghan it didn't add something to SL, add all the other games into the equation at other grounds and that is a tidy sum that would be missing out of the coffers. 

Quite literally the Championship clubs sold themselves to cheaply in applying for the vacant spot, they should have told SL to shove it or demanded double, or SL  suffer the wrath of SKY, I wouldn't have cared if that had happened and the SL suffered big penalties, quite the same way and attitude they showed collectively to any Championship club that accepted the position.

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Equalled a club record yesterday - 18 wins in a regular season going back to 2012 under Trent Robinson. 9 French players again featured with half a dozen who have played in Elite 1 this past season.

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

2 hours ago, clogdance said:

Apologies for the spelling, it's not mine 🙂

No description available.

[url=https://ibb.co/7jc3LHG][img]https://i.ibb.co/fqR3LbC/huddy4.jpg[/img][/url]

Uh oh....its like deja vu all over again....

😉

4 hours ago, clogdance said:

Apologies for the spelling, it's not mine 🙂

No description available.

[url=https://ibb.co/7jc3LHG][img]https://i.ibb.co/fqR3LbC/huddy4.jpg[/img][/url]

It was a massive mistake to put Leigh into Super League, they are a Championship club, Toulouse, a true professional club should of been added to Super League in 2021.

On 31/08/2021 at 18:51, Harry Stottle said:

You are missing the whole point of putting Leigh or any other team for that matter in SL.

Whoever it was the mission was accomplished, it brought the league back to 12 teams to pacify the SKY contract, and engineered by the SL clubs to Save some money and in fact to give them some money they would otherwise have missed, take Wigan for example in the game with Leigh at the DW the attendance was 9,200 at approx averaging at £25 = £230,000, now tell Leneghan it didn't add something to SL, add all the other games into the equation at other grounds and that is a tidy sum that would be missing out of the coffers. 

Quite literally the Championship clubs sold themselves to cheaply in applying for the vacant spot, they should have told SL to shove it or demanded double, or SL  suffer the wrath of SKY, I wouldn't have cared if that had happened and the SL suffered big penalties, quite the same way and attitude they showed collectively to any Championship club that accepted the position.

"Quite literally the championship clubs sold themselves to cheaply in applying for the vacant spot"

The Championships clubs had the Super League clubs by the short and curly's, but didn't push home their advantage

2 hours ago, lucky 7 said:

"Quite literally the championship clubs sold themselves to cheaply in applying for the vacant spot"

The Championships clubs had the Super League clubs by the short and curly's, but didn't push home their advantage

Only if they were working collectively , but as we usually see , a divide and conquer strategy usually works 

On 31/08/2021 at 17:15, barnyia said:

I think it would have been the same story no matter which team got promoted. 

I agree entirely. Not that he cares but I am no admirer of the owner's personal confrontational  style. Even so, Leigh (or any other promoted club) must have some protection as they get up to speed with the fitness, skill,  endurance etc needed to play Super League clubs week after week after week. It not just a matter of strengthening the squad with a few SL players. Its the whole squad that has to make a big step up week after week. 

Of course, if I knew how this could be achieved, I'd be doing it, not scratting  around on a mainly critical rugby league forum.

46 minutes ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I think Toulouse would of done significantly better than Leigh, and believe next year they will do. The question is can they do well enough to stay up, that’s a very tough ask for any Championship club.

You know what thought did 

3 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

I think Toulouse would of done significantly better than Leigh, and believe next year they will do. The question is can they do well enough to stay up, that’s a very tough ask for any Championship club.

Do you know something nobody else does about next season?

7 hours ago, Gooleboy said:

Do you know something nobody else does about next season?

I do Fev will win promotion, they have already begun with the psychological process come the final, they will be well prepared.

11 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Toulouse will be reading their own press reports and consider themselves invincible this season, somewhat like what Toronto did v London Bronco's after a season of being much better than most much poorer clubs.

Fev definatley have the personnel to beat Toulouse, and in a one off game that is exactly what I expect them to do, and if that does happen I wouldn't be surprised to read in these pages that the rules are all wrong, there should have been no play-offs at all Toulouse should have been promoted, it's just not fair!

On 31/08/2021 at 15:38, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

It was a massive mistake to put Leigh into Super League, they are a Championship club, Toulouse, a true professional club should of been added to Super League in 2021.

What utter Guff !!!

When the decision on who to promote was being made last year nobody knew how the Covid Pandemic would affect the sport and that was one of the reasons for Toulouse not getting the spot ahead of Leigh. The risk of travel restrictions being imposed and them not being able to fulfill large numbers of fixtures was considered high at the time.

Having 1 french team not being able to play would have been bad enough but 2 would have been disasterous. Just because its turned out that Catalans haven't been as badly affected as feared doesn't mean it was the wrong decision to not promote Toulouse at the time

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

10 hours ago, Harry Stottle said:

if that does happen I wouldn't be surprised to read in these pages that the rules are all wrong, there should have been no play-offs at all Toulouse should have been promoted, it's just not fair!

A Leigh fan complaining about other clubs hypothetically getting promoted without earning promotion, unbelievable.

7 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

What utter Guff !!!

When the decision on who to promote was being made last year nobody knew how the Covid Pandemic would affect the sport and that was one of the reasons for Toulouse not getting the spot ahead of Leigh. The risk of travel restrictions being imposed and them not being able to fulfill large numbers of fixtures was considered high at the time.

Having 1 french team not being able to play would have been bad enough but 2 would have been disasterous. Just because its turned out that Catalans haven't been as badly affected as feared doesn't mean it was the wrong decision to not promote Toulouse at the time

Toppy , he knows , it's just Leyther baiting 

14 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

A Leigh fan complaining about other clubs hypothetically getting promoted without earning promotion, unbelievable.

Eh, I was on about as I expect Toulouse to get beat by Fev in a final, and the reaction that will come from some people like yourself when they do get beat.

As a Leigh fan I never ever wanted to HELP out SL in being the club chosen to make up the numbers to pacify the SKY contract, whoever it was from the half a dozen applicants should have got double for their trouble from SL, and not a reduction which in all intense was to "Keep the barstewards down" as the SL commitee deemed was the appropriate measure.

22 hours ago, Saint Toppy said:

What utter Guff !!!

That's a bit to complicated for his lordship.

Archived