Mon 30 Aug: SL: Catalans Dragons v Leigh Centurions KO 19:15

Who will win?  

24 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Catalans Dragons
    • Leigh Centurions

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/21 at 18:45

2 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Your record victory against us under the cosh tonight. I remember our 94 4 defeat to Workington like yesterday. One of the best away days I have ever has!  😆

Leigh have sent out a shocker of a team out to France. I'm not surprised!

I remember that, you lot celebrated not letting 100 in like you won the game 😀

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Your record victory against us under the cosh tonight. I remember our 94 4 defeat to Workington like yesterday. One of the best away days I have ever has!  😆

Leigh have sent out a shocker of a team out to France. I'm not surprised!

But we have sent a team ,unlike others , if we'd been clever we could have used the covid card , which would have messed up the Magic Weekend , so we take our ' spanking ' and return again next week 

9 minutes ago, dkw said:

I remember that, you lot celebrated not letting 100 in like you won the game 😀

Our coach broke down in Millom too on the way home right outside a pub. The landlady had a gorgeous daughter, I hustled all my losses at pool all night and I got back home at 5am and didn't even bother sleeping til the following day.

I thought we scored the best try too 😂

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

But we have sent a team ,unlike others , if we'd been clever we could have used the covid card , which would have messed up the Magic Weekend , so we take our ' spanking ' and return again next week 

Some folk thought we could compete today, as I stated it will be nip and tuck for the 100. we have 14 able to walk, no coach, 2 who have never trained with us and one on the bench who cant even walk.

Just now, Snowys Backside said:

Our coach broke down in Millom too on the way home right outside a pub. The landlady had a gorgeous daughter, I hustled all my losses at pool all night and I got back home at 5am and didn't even bother sleeping til the following day.

Millom? Christ you're lucky you got home at all. 

6 minutes ago, Scubby said:

Looks like Catalans will fall short of their record score. 64-0 with five minutes to go.

And that's the final score.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

40 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

Workington to Leigh via Millom,nice of the coach company to throw in a complimentary mystery tour.

2 hours ago, Davo5 said:

Workington to Leigh via Millom,nice of the coach company to throw in a complimentary mystery tour.

For whatever reason, the driver preferred the A595. Nothing is pretty in the dark, but that landladys daughter ?  Mmmmmmm 😂

3 minutes ago, Snowys Backside said:

For whatever reason, the driver preferred the A595. Nothing is pretty in the dark, but that landladys daughter ?  Mmmmmmm 😂

How that goat track ever got A road status is one of this counties greatest mysteries but Millom is a real rugby town.

5 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

How that goat track ever got A road status is one of this counties greatest mysteries but Millom is a real rugby town.

It is.  I remember playing there in my Amateur days. Tough games. We played I think Hensingham too ? Pasted them. They were not good although we had a good Craic.

Happy days. I'm all for Cumbria having a SL team. Makes sense but don't tell the expansionists !

10 hours ago, Snowys Backside said:

64 nil isn't a bad result considering the side we had out, no coach and 40 down at half time.

Blowouts like this don't do the game any favours and again shows the folly of gifting a team a Super League place where they are clearly out of their depth and didn't have enough time to put a competitive squad together.

The 2 men responsible for Leigh's embarrassing season should hang their heads in shame, and again shows what a waste of money it was paying Robert Elstone in thinking that Leigh could add something to Super League.

Archived