Mon 30 Aug: SL: Castleford Tigers v Wigan Warriors KO 17:00 (TV)

Who will win?  

23 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Castleford Tigers
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 30/08/21 at 16:30

• Replies 126
  • Created
  • Last Reply
7 minutes ago, Niels said:

Wigan look to be coming into form at the right time.

Steady on.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 hour ago, dkw said:

Oh, I managed to miss that and thought we were talking about smithies on Richardson. Who got binned? 

In my defense I'm rough with Covid and everything is hurting. Including my brain.

Look after yourself chief , speedy recovery 

6 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

Do you have a cunning plan?

He doesn't but he can be a cunning stunt.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

16 minutes ago, wasginger said:

Well played Wigan. Actually appeared to be playing as a unit, especially defensively. As a footnote how will those Wigan fans entering the pitch to celebrate Hastings opening try, affect Cas and their suspended £15,000 fine.

It won't don't worry. 

28 minutes ago, Niels said:

Wigan look to be coming into form at the right time. Great defence today. Despite a poor run they are still 4th and likely to avoid St Helens in the play offs until the final? 

I dont want to sound grumpy or disrespectful of their efforts but Wigan v Saints GF just fills me with tedium. Perhaps it shouldn't but ....

TESTICULI AD  BREXITAM.

1 hour ago, Niels said:

Wigan look to be coming into form at the right time. Great defence today. Despite a poor run they are still 4th and likely to avoid St Helens in the play offs until the final? 

This Wigan performance wasn’t great but was much better than of late so credit where credit is due. Wigan took what few chances they had and their defence was excellent. It’s a pity that the Sky crew seemed to place more emphasis on a poor Castleford display rather than an improved one by Wigan.

1 hour ago, Jinking Jimmy said:

This Wigan performance wasn’t great but was much better than of late so credit where credit is due. Wigan took what few chances they had and their defence was excellent. It’s a pity that the Sky crew seemed to place more emphasis on a poor Castleford display rather than an improved one by Wigan.

Yes the sky commentators did. Now you mention it, they said Castleford beat themselves, without any mention that Wigan's defence had forced this.

that game wasn't as bad as the pundits and carney made out they seem to have a massive chip on their shoulders about wigan and can't seem to find anything good to say.

wigan played really well thats why cas couldn't score a little credit where its due please mr carney.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

A highly satisfying win.  In my view, our defence was excellent. Our place kicks lamentable.  Our discipline still needs to improve. Our attack lacked structure, pattern, movement. Too often the ball was passed along a flat line of attack with each recipient running from a stand still.  Yes we won handsomely but Cas made many errors, forced and unforced.

5 hours ago, JohnM said:

Harry Smith, it seems.😃

It's the only thing he's done so far. Bang average scrum half championship player at best.

10 hours ago, dkw said:

The Turner who has played stand off throughout his career?

That's a bit of a stretch tbh, he was nearly always named at centre with very occasional run outs at off half.

And you can discount any performances for Hull FC at off half because we're not very good and would try anyone there.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

12 hours ago, Fevrover said:

Please accept my apologies for laughing at your prediction i certainly didn't see that result coming.

I was watching a lot of fans, even Wigan fans slaughter their own team. 

I don't for one second think the young Wigan pack is out of its depth as Paul Sculthorpe suggested the other week. 

In fact Byrne and Shorrocks are the type of real hard working grafters that every team needs. 

The average age of thap pack the other week would have been about 21 had it not been for the fact that Farrell was in the line up 

I'm willing to be that no other team in NRL or super league history could boast a pack with an average age of 21 

Archived