Leigh declare £395,000 profit to 20 November 2020

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

I would rather live in any of those than move to Leigh.

And strangely I'd rather live in Leigh than Wigan , there are good and bad area's of every town and city , so what point are you actually making ? , Other than random insults 

2 minutes ago, Jim Prendle said:

One between you doesn’t really help though.

Yes but at least we own our car , yours was nicked 

But I'm done with this childish point scoring , feel free to continue all night if you want , good to see you've managed to score a try tonight , you must be so proud 

8 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Yes but at least we own our car , yours was nicked 

But I'm done with this childish point scoring , feel free to continue all night if you want , good to see you've managed to score a try tonight , you must be so proud 

Thanks. Maybe Leigh can score one and we can both be proud.

21 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Nice headline but would like to see the accounts listing any liabilities carried forward plus interim accounts for 2020/21 before making a judgment. If DB has chucked in enough of his own cash then it's easy to declare a profit. Sustainability is the important thing, whether from trading income or DBs bank account. Not sure why Leigh would want to declare a £400k profit given the corporation tax that will need to be paid. Unless it is just a trading profit of course.

Corporation Tax ?   It looks like they've around £600000 of unused losses to easily cover that profit.

I presume this profit arises from folk who paid for their season tickets and didn't ask for a refund - to keep the club going through "difficult times".

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

20 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

Is central funding is part of the "Assets"? Given the fluctuation and lack of any club owned infrastructure? 

Writing as a novice.

No.  It's part of the profit.  Which you can only get at with an exercise in subtraction.

19 hours ago, Tommygilf said:

No idea, just trying to account for this figure quadrupling in 5 years. Have they bought any property?

If they had, it'd be included in fixed assets £2329.  But they say this is just Plant and Machinery, not land.

3 minutes ago, Griff said:

No.  It's part of the profit.  Which you can only get at with an exercise in subtraction.

Just now, Griff said:

If they had, it'd be included in fixed assets £2329.  But they say this is just Plant and Machinery, not land.

Thanks for the clarification.

19 hours ago, Bulls2487 said:

Not every club has the luxury of a rich backer. You seem to be making out clubs who took out a government loan should be seen as a negative. Leigh also will have taken advantage of the Furlough scheme saving them 80% on player salaries.

In fairness, the loan from AB Sundecks, though substantial, hasn't changed during the year.

The net liabilities have reduced because the club made a profit in a year where they barely traded.

19 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

This just shows a pile of cash has turned up in the bank account. If DB is ploughing it in then that is great, well done to DB, but it doesn't mean Leigh RL is turning a profit as a trading enterprise.

If you take the trouble to read note 8, instead of just the first page, you'll see that no such thing has happened.

With the club in such good shape Im just wondering why Beaumont on numerous occasions has mentioned that he was personally offering up money for signings. There seems little need for him to be dipping in to his pocket at the moment. I guess it would make the accounts look a little better down the line after he writes the debt off though.

4 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

With the club in such good shape Im just wondering why Beaumont on numerous occasions has mentioned that he was personally offering up money for signings. There seems little need for him to be dipping in to his pocket at the moment. I guess it would make the accounts look a little better down the line after he writes the debt off though.

It's not in good shape.

Just less bad.  A deficit of "only" £200k instead of £600k.

1 hour ago, The Blues Ox said:

Have a look in the mirror Oxy, tell me have your eyes turned Green by any chance?

Archived