Where are we going to play next season?

jroyales

The chances of staying up are nil.

This brings the question of where will we be playing when we are in League 1? Boundary Park? Just imagine 300 spectators in a 13000 stadium. Whitebank appears to have closed their doors to CH. Ashton? Why did we not go back there instead of going to Stalybridge? Stalybridge? A disaster with no fans now bothering to turn up for Premiership games, there would be even less in League 1. Sedgley Park? Spotland? St.Annes? Saddleworth Rangers? Chadderton? Oldham Edge?????????????

I fear for our great club.

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 hours ago, jroyales said:

The chances of staying up are nil.

This brings the question of where will we be playing when we are in League 1? Boundary Park? Just imagine 300 spectators in a 13000 stadium. Whitebank appears to have closed their doors to CH. Ashton? Why did we not go back there instead of going to Stalybridge? Stalybridge? A disaster with no fans now bothering to turn up for Premiership games, there would be even less in League 1. Sedgley Park? Spotland? St.Annes? Saddleworth Rangers? Chadderton? Oldham Edge?????????????

I fear for our great club.

Saddleworth mate, you don't get wet. 😀

3 hours ago, roughyed1064 said:

cant understand re, whitebank the ground is owned by oldham council and not avro f.c. so what does that say about o.m.b.c. and its relationship with oldham rugby league in our town. not great is it.

Didn't the council give them Whitebank as part of the disastrous deal for the land at end of Broadway where the old Avro club was that Latics were supposed to move to? Now housing.

COME ON OLDHAM!!!! COME ON OLDHAM!!!!!

1 minute ago, Robthegasman said:

As an outsider looking in,I do not understand why Boundary Park cannot be used for both Oldham and Oldham Athletic?

Or am I missing something?

I don't think our chairman has good relations with Oldham athletic. 

29 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

I don't think our chairman has good relations with Oldham athletic. 

I have heard that one from a Latics fan I used to work with.He basically said that the two clubs cannot stand one another and he also said that he would support anyone who played against Oldham be it Salford,Swinton or Rochdale.

It is a shame if there is bad blood between both clubs.

8 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

I have heard that one from a Latics fan I used to work with.He basically said that the two clubs cannot stand one another and he also said that he would support anyone who played against Oldham be it Salford,Swinton or Rochdale.

It is a shame if there is bad blood between both clubs.

It's a strange one that. Considering I work with a bloke who's a season ticket holder at both clubs. Weird isn't it? 

11 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

It's a strange one that. Considering I work with a bloke who's a season ticket holder at both clubs. Weird isn't it? 

Tbh the bloke in question here had issues himself I think.He was a difficult person to get on with.

Though he did say that Chris Hamilton is not a popular man within the corridors of power at OAFC,something which others here have said.

7 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

Tbh the bloke in question here had issues himself I think.He was a difficult person to get on with.

Though he did say that Chris Hamilton is not a popular man within the corridors of power at OAFC,something which others here have said.

That news is a bit out of date now, as that was under a previous regime at OAFC. It's a shame these tales/rumours go on and on, as it just creates more tales/rumours. Not helpful at all. 

1 hour ago, Robthegasman said:

I don't think he's Mr popular among some at Oldham. Some of his behaviour in the past leaves a lot to be desired. 

oldham where kicked out of boundary park i wonder why.

from 2002 to2009 they played at hurst cross ashton and then got  kicked out of there i wonder why.

then there was trouble with the oldham council  at whitebank before avro took it over.

Surely, someone MUST know something!

We are now the poor relations with the Hairnets getting everything in place. Ground, decent coach, a playing squad getting better (Rangy Chase), strong links with the junior game and above all else a committee working together so as to make a success of their club.

We've got NOWT - just memories.

2 hours ago, jroyales said:

Surely, someone MUST know something!

We are now the poor relations with the Hairnets getting everything in place. Ground, decent coach, a playing squad getting better (Rangy Chase), strong links with the junior game and above all else a committee working together so as to make a success of their club.

We've got NOWT - just memories.

The Hairnets as you call them are HALFWAY DOWN LEAGUE ONE ffs!!!  They were taken to the cleaners by North Wales Crusaders at the week-end, who says their coach is decent, their league position suggests otherwise, Chase has been past his best for years. Why are folk on here so negative all the time, frustrates me! 

Unless you're a closet Hairnets fan on here to stir the s**t?

2 hours ago, tandle said:

oldham where kicked out of boundary park i wonder why.

from 2002 to2009 they played at hurst cross ashton and then got  kicked out of there i wonder why.

then there was trouble with the oldham council  at whitebank before avro took it over.

The club were at Hurst Cross one season only! Once again Tandle you are talking ######. Does it cross your mind that Latics might have wanted too much money when the rugby left? 

3 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

I don't think he's Mr popular among some at Oldham. Some of his behaviour in the past leaves a lot to be desired. 

I don't know Chris Hamilton personally, but he deserves more respect than what some people say about him on here. Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'some of his behaviour' mate?

1 hour ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

I don't know Chris Hamilton personally, but he deserves more respect than what some people say about him on here. Can you elaborate on what you mean by 'some of his behaviour' mate?

A few years ago he had conversations with a group of fans regarding the situation at the club. Once these discussions got to a certain point these were halted. Clifford on this forum was one of the fans involved in this group. 

1 hour ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

I see your a madness fan,so am I.👍

For JD's information I have been a member/supporter for over 60 years - so I do have some great memories. I am not being negative, just a realist. The Hairnets, as were Newcastle, are planning for the future. What are we positively doing in comparison. NOWT!

Good grief, I'm sick of this "hornets this, hornets that, hornets are inviting school kids blah blah blah". I don't give one hoot about them. They are a 100% in Division 1 next year. You can't plan for the future until we know for definite that we're down. It's highly likely, however the large lady is only warming her tonsils. She's not singing yet. 😑

11 hours ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

The club were at Hurst Cross one season only! Once again Tandle you are talking ######. Does it cross your mind that Latics might have wanted too much money when the rugby left? 

i suggest donut you type in boundary park stadium and read it  

12 hours ago, moorside roughyed said:

A few years ago he had conversations with a group of fans regarding the situation at the club. Once these discussions got to a certain point these were halted. Clifford on this forum was one of the fans involved in this group. 

So with respect, what makes you think Clifford and his mates were the answer to all the club's problems? Perhaps Chris Hamilton thought otherwise?

Archived