Where are we going to play next season?

jroyales

33 minutes ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

So with respect, what makes you think Clifford and his mates were the answer to all the club's problems? Perhaps Chris Hamilton thought otherwise?

Exactly.

This is an ever repeating topic in our Forum and frankly its tedious.. There are probably many (perhaps just a few) who would like to be involved in the running of our club but without an offer of investment or bringing new skills, relationships  or ideas to the table I wouldn't expect CH fall over himself to sign it over!

So, what was on the table for CH to consider? how might things have been different today?

• Replies 60
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Jimmy DoNut said:

So with respect, what makes you think Clifford and his mates were the answer to all the club's problems? Perhaps Chris Hamilton thought otherwise?

I didn't say they were the answer. In the past the club has alienated itself from the fans. We really thought with these meetings the club would listen. Unfortunately that didn't seem to be the case.

9 minutes ago, moorside roughyed said:

I didn't say they were the answer. In the past the club has alienated itself from the fans. We really thought with these meetings the club would listen. Unfortunately that didn't seem to be the case.

Yep, sleepwalking to the abyss. 

Somebody is responsible for the probable impending catastrophe, and it's pretty clear who that is.

Jeez I don't have any answers. The purpose of the meetings were to have fan engagement  and to get rugby oldham and CH round the table to talk about the future. 

We got to the stage of disclosure of accounts and the meetings were pulled. Not by rugby oldham or by the fan group. Read into that what you want.

My interest wained as my dad died during the process; if the fans that attend they is me and one other who still go. 

My opinion is the days of one man running a pro club are numbered mainly because of the stress of it and it also spreads financial responsibility.

I do fear for the future but I have learnt like many, oldham rlfc books are like the holy grail many have tried to see them but they have never been found.

The landscape has changed in the last 6 years. I don't think it will happen again I might be wrong I welcome anyone to try but it's not for me now.

I will keep going when I can, but its not the be all and end all anymore 

1 hour ago, clifford said:

Jeez I don't have any answers. The purpose of the meetings were to have fan engagement  and to get rugby oldham and CH round the table to talk about the future. 

We got to the stage of disclosure of accounts and the meetings were pulled. Not by rugby oldham or by the fan group. Read into that what you want.

My interest wained as my dad died during the process; if the fans that attend they is me and one other who still go. 

My opinion is the days of one man running a pro club are numbered mainly because of the stress of it and it also spreads financial responsibility.

I do fear for the future but I have learnt like many, oldham rlfc books are like the holy grail many have tried to see them but they have never been found.

The landscape has changed in the last 6 years. I don't think it will happen again I might be wrong I welcome anyone to try but it's not for me now.

I will keep going when I can, but its not the be all and end all anymore 

Agreed mate, it's not the be all and end all. 

there is no chance of playing at gigg lane.it is in the hands of a receiver one mister stephen wineglass 

all bury afc assets are up for sale and they will be sold to the highest bidder

if the stadium is sold to a builder that will be the end of the ground.

14 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Where are we going to play next season?

Sadly, with the way things are going right now, it may be more relevant to say "Are we going to play next season ?" rather than "Where are we going to play?"  

1 hour ago, tandle said:

there is no chance of playing at gigg lane.it is in the hands of a receiver one mister stephen wineglass 

all bury afc assets are up for sale and they will be sold to the highest bidder

if the stadium is sold to a builder that will be the end of the ground.

Not 💯 sure but I think I read something recently that suggested that Gigg Lane could not be sold off to a builder for housing.I think there may be a covenant that says it has to be used for sporting purposes.

16 hours ago, Robthegasman said:

Not 💯 sure but I think I read something recently that suggested that Gigg Lane could not be sold off to a builder for housing.I think there may be a covenant that says it has to be used for sporting purposes.

hi rob i have done some searching on bury afc wikipedia, what supporters have said what andy burnham as said about getting funds from the goverment to buy it as a community asset.

no were does it mention anything about a covernant.

the gig lane site as a area of 6.4 acres prime building land, the receiver as a duty to sell to the highest bid ?

As I've said in another thread, and with my strategic marketing head on, we need to be in Oldham. We need to forget about having a stadium that fulfills the criteria of a league we can't compete in. We need to go back to basics. It needs to be a place that is either our own or, more likely, one that shares common interests and values to our own. A rugby league ground.  Now I know there will be poo pooers, but listen me out. Oldham St Anne's! We can apply, jointly,  for funding to get a main stand built. It's central, oh my goodness you can't get more central. I guarantee there will be more spectators than now, even in the lower division. We can then build from there. I'm sure it would benefit Saint's but obvious obstacles need to overcome with multiple partners and the council getting their finger out. Anyway that's my view. Go on shred to pieces.

The idea is sound. The thought takes me back to Doncaster at Tatters Field. They had one stand and when you entered the ground they had a bloke with a bus ticket machine.

But with only £20K from sooperdooperleague next year I feel it's the only alternative and the big plus is that we will be mixing with the amateur game.

10 hours ago, The Art of Hand and Foot said:

As I've said in another thread, and with my strategic marketing head on, we need to be in Oldham. We need to forget about having a stadium that fulfills the criteria of a league we can't compete in. We need to go back to basics. It needs to be a place that is either our own or, more likely, one that shares common interests and values to our own. A rugby league ground.  Now I know there will be poo pooers, but listen me out. Oldham St Anne's! We can apply, jointly,  for funding to get a main stand built. It's central, oh my goodness you can't get more central. I guarantee there will be more spectators than now, even in the lower division. We can then build from there. I'm sure it would benefit Saint's but obvious obstacles need to overcome with multiple partners and the council getting their finger out. Anyway that's my view. Go on shred to pieces.

Sounds okay to me. Lovely clubhouse and facilities and central as you say with good transport links. 

Archived