Bulldogs v whitehaven

Batley Bob

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Might have been a different result away from home, but I think we have enough to win this albeit with a tight margin 

Digs 26 Haven 20

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

4 minutes ago, coolie said:

Well you can't win them all, must have been a great performance by Whitehaven good win for them👏👏

They played well and I'd say just about deserved the win today.our boys just seemed a bit flat but I think that was the good Whitehaven defence.

knew at half-time that the 10-8 lead and playing uphill in 2nd half it wasn't enough...make no mistake Whitehaven are a good solid side.well coached and well done to them.

McNally is still a toilet though.repulsive little creature.

"you never win a game unless you beat the guy in front of you. The score on the board doesn’t mean a thing. That’s for the fans. You’ve got to win the war with the man in front of you. You’ve got to get your man." - Vince Lombardi.

Just never got going, too many mistakes, too many stoppages and a lot of messing about that the ref either punished or didn't depending on his fancy against both sides. Haven made the best of it and came out on top this time, I've no complaints

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

Thought we got what we deserved tbh. We weren't at the races at all,  or perhaps we were!!!. No creativity, niggles everywhere, mainly Haven, but we got drawn in. Referee was not good,  but not an excuse, Haven played the game they wanted to. They had a game plan, we didn't. At times it looked like we'd gone back 3yrs +. Dewsbury and Halifax are must wins...

Sorry this is my opinion, Colinb.

Was signed in as BISSA....like I said....bad day at the office.

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

4 minutes ago, BISSA... said:

Thought we got what we deserved tbh. We weren't at the races at all,  or perhaps we were!!!. No creativity, niggles everywhere, mainly Haven, but we got drawn in. Referee was not good,  but not an excuse, Haven played the game they wanted to. They had a game plan, we didn't. At times it looked like we'd gone back 3yrs +. Dewsbury and Halifax are must wins...

Sorry this is my opinion, Colinb.

Was signed in as BISSA....like I said....bad day at the office.

Hopefully your poor form will continue for 1 more week

Unfortunately I don't think it will 🤔😀

1 hour ago, Havenfan13 said:

One thing I really like with batley fans very honest and compliment opening teams always my fav and many haven fans fav away trip great club 

Decent numbers and noise from the Marra's, I guess the offer of ten quid in must have swayed em

As already stated, just one of those days. Held up over the 6 times in the first half, Hooley and Johnson let kicks bounce at least 4 times between them. The officiating wasn't good, the disallowed try was never forward, but credit must go to Haven's defending, you cannot win games against decent teams making so many errors.

Disappointed however not surprising, they've been on a great run. Unfortunately it's probably done 2 things; stopped us finishing 3rd, best we can hope for in reality is 4th if we win 2 and probably didn't help Haven getting near 6th as London won. Regroup and turn the tap on again next week.

1 hour ago, DOGFATHER said:

As already stated, just one of those days. Held up over the 6 times in the first half, Hooley and Johnson let kicks bounce at least 4 times between them. The officiating wasn't good, the disallowed try was never forward, but credit must go to Haven's defending, you cannot win games against decent teams making so many errors.

Sorry to say but it was a good yard forward.

12 minutes ago, Keep The Faith said:

Poor afternoon blown 3rd place unless results go our way now… 

We were dragged into a arm wrestle with too many errors and penalties and the drop out from kick off was the changing point 

In older terms..."we were old manned" .The kick offs were handled/ not handled well at all. Slow/ man down/ plays. Physio thumb in air must have ached!!. 

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

One team wanted to win more than the other.might bring us back down to earth,some great expansive rugby played by haven,some storming runs down the slope too,we beat ourselves yesterday by some greedy rugby near the line.

I thought Havens defence especially in the first half was top notch

We got over the line only to be held up 8 times

2 disallowed tries, but they had some too.

Disapointed but all in all i thought they deserved it

Good on em.

Archived