Bulldogs v whitehaven

Batley Bob

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply
46 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

You were saying? What happened then?

we fell apart after 20 minutes,haven tackled like demons,we dropped too many balls,tried to score when a simple ball out wide would a done the job,it is possible to try too hard sometimes but haven had us worked out from the get go,

having said that i reckon you could have 20 start next week cos i feel some pain coming your way.:kolobok_wild:

Well done Whitehaven, a magnificent effort in keeping the score down in the first half when we had a period of dominating play but persevered with barging over the line only to be held up.  And well done Jouffret for doing what he does best, and pinching the win in a close, tight match.

There are often good reasons behind the scenes that dictate who plays on the day, but having three props on the bench did not serve us well.  We seemed to continually try and punch a hole down the middle instead of playing the more expansive game that we played early season.  I think that Silverback summed it up perfectly; and given the other results it was a huge opportunity lost.

4 minutes ago, Workie46 said:

Some impact off the bench wouldn’t have gone amiss...

You've hit the nail on the head. We were beaten by a good tactical plan. Well done. Hope you all got home safe. Thanks for the support off the field  🍺

"Keep The Faith Tee Shirts now available from BISSA"

Spread & Save please hand your jars or any other container in on match days

Sponsored by Londis, Bradford Road Liversedge

Visit the BISSA Online Shop to purchase DVDs, books and event tickets

here

BISSA website

http://www.bissa.co.uk/

image1 (1).JPG

We've had 3 props on the bench innumerable times this season....just saying. Another thing, when was the last season when we, possibly, were defeated more times at home than away AND went a season unbeaten in our away strip? We haven't lost in the blue  (v Fev played in cerise, Bulls cerise, will play in cerise v Fax).

1 hour ago, phildog said:

We've had 3 props on the bench innumerable times this season....just saying. Another thing, when was the last season when we, possibly, were defeated more times at home than away AND went a season unbeaten in our away strip? We haven't lost in the blue  (v Fev played in cerise, Bulls cerise, will play in cerise v Fax).

Earlier in the season we often had Hall on the bench.  If fit and willing he would have been more useful on the day I think.

Archived