Jump to content

Match thread: Championship Round 20. Featherstone v Halifax Sunday 5th September


Recommended Posts

Sunday's  game against Halifax will undoubtedly be a BIG match for both teams. With Fev 2nd and Fax 3rd there's a decent possibility that the fixture will be repeated in the playoffs. Only three rounds of league fixtures left.

The 17 players who overcame Oldham all look to have come through unscathed. If we add in Brown, Hall and Davies who were all rested, then that will be the nucleus of our squad.

Six players on the injured list.

Day, Harrison, Bussey and Minns are long term. We did see Minns training this week with another recent absentee Moors so perhaps those two are not far off. No update on Sutcliffe.

Link to comment
Share on other sites


5 hours ago, marklaspalmas said:

Sunday's  game against Halifax will undoubtedly be a BIG match for both teams. With Fev 2nd and Fax 3rd there's a decent possibility that the fixture will be repeated in the playoffs. Only three rounds of league fixtures left.

The 17 players who overcame Oldham all look to have come through unscathed. If we add in Brown, Hall and Davies who were all rested, then that will be the nucleus of our squad.

Six players on the injured list.

Day, Harrison, Bussey and Minns are long term. We did see Minns training this week with another recent absentee Moors so perhaps those two are not far off. No update on Sutcliffe.

Perhaps a bigger game for Fax than us in the short term, as although we haven't mathematically clinched second spot, it would require a series of freaky results to deny us. On the other hand they are desperate for wins to try and gain third spot, which at the moment looks like it would lead to a home first-round play-off tie with London, who look the weakest of the likely qualifiers.

Good to see Kopczak back in the line-up last weekend and similar comments would apply if Moors returns. Webster might have in mind that a week on Sunday we're on London's artificial pitch and one or two of our older players in the forwards might be worth resting for that game (and maybe Chisholm too given his recent injury troubles).

Halifax seem a bit hard to predict but they're tough rivals on their day so we'll need to play well.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

26 minutes ago, jamescolin said:

Whats the team?

You'll have to ask the coach. 😉

Squad announcements are 48 hours before the game, so due tomorrow. 

Please view my photos.

 

http://www.hughesphoto.co.uk/

 

Little Nook Farm - Caravan Club Certificated Location in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

http://www.facebook.com/LittleNookFarm

 

Little Nook Cottage - 2-bed self-catering cottage in the heart of the Pennines overlooking Hebden Bridge and the Calder Valley.

Book now via airbnb

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Can we pay on the gate tomorrow?

Not seen the Fax squad but we are down to 21 players by the looks of it and Im expecting 4 players to be named in the squad who won't be fit to play. it should be a comfortable win for Fev and our bigger games will be the 2 after this to try and get 3rd.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Yes. as far as I  know.  You pay at the big kiosk just outside the ground and show your ticket to the stewards at the right entrance large gate  no turnstiles  operating at the moment

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Can we pay on the gate tomorrow?

Not seen the Fax squad but we are down to 21 players by the looks of it and Im expecting 4 players to be named in the squad who won't be fit to play. it should be a comfortable win for Fev and our bigger games will be the 2 after this to try and get 3rd.

Yes, you can pay on day at ticket hut as haskey says, but if you buy online before midnight you'll save £1.75 (£20 + 25p booking fee instead of £22) which you can then top up to £2 and buy 3 Golden Gamble tickets to potentially win £200.....

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Left before the finish 44=22 when i went.A bit slack with the tackling at times against a Fax team that threw the ball about .i take it they must have been missing some forwards.We scored a couple of flukey tries but on the whole a decent performance.Pick for me Brown,Chizzy,Gale in the backs Jones and Springer stood out in the forwards .Although the highlight for me was the break from Davies and subtle back flip to Chizzy who was backing up as good half backs should.Thought the ref made one or two dubious decisions and the touch judges or 4th official helped him out .Welham still does not luck anything like the player he was so if all fit i would have Hall and Hardcastle in the centres,shame as i like Chris and thought he would be a good signing for us.

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Shakespeare wrote a play the "Comedy of Errors" and that summed it up . A scrappy match from beginning to end. Te highlight being Chizzy try from Davies flick pass. Need to cut out theses stupid errors and be more clinical however we were much better than the 22 points they scored.2 to go then the play-offs.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

20 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

I thought we were dominated today and unforced errors gave us no chance. Hopefully Fev and Tolouse do not slip up in the semi finals because both deserve to be in the final and it would be a cracking game.

TBH the 2nd half was a mistake fest for both sides (1st half marginally less so). Was surprised at 'fax taking the 2 earlyish in the 1st half with the scores close when the penalty would have given them a 3rd(?) set. 

Edited by Les Tonks Sidestep
Link to comment
Share on other sites

2 minutes ago, Les Tonks Sidestep said:

TBH the 2nd half was a mistake fest for both sides (1st half marginally less so). Was surprised at 'fax taking the 2 earlyish in the 1st half with the scores close when the penalty would have given them a 3rd(?) set. 

Yeah we said the same seemed a strange decision as we hadn't had much ball down there. I can only guess we were blowing a bit.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.
×
×
  • Create New...