Sheffield (A)

Wakefield Ram

This is a game we could win. Hopefully, Dean and Smith will be told that Worrincy is vulnerable under the high ball and put plenty of high kicks to him. We have two players in Fleming and Gabriel who are great catchers. And let Knowles do his field kicking, saw the first kick from him on Sunday and we almost scored.

Sheffield shipped 8 tries last week and are not in good form. We beat Widnes, we can beat Sheffield.

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We do have a chance in this one; on the other hand they are a bit of a bogey team for us. There are a few players leaving at the end of the season, some being in a rush to get as far away from Tubby as possible. They have had injuries, like us, and last week had a makeshift half back pairing.

If we have been able to do some passing and catching practice and learned not to send out panic balls every verse end, then maybe we can prevail. Sykes will be missing, which may give our half backs a little more freedom, and hopefully a couple of our backs will be available once again.

We can but hope, even if it is the hope that kills you in the end.

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

13 hours ago, Wakefield Ram said:

This is a game we could win. Hopefully, Dean and Smith will be told that Worrincy is vulnerable under the high ball and put plenty of high kicks to him. We have two players in Fleming and Gabriel who are great catchers. And let Knowles do his field kicking, saw the first kick from him on Sunday and we almost scored  

Sheffield shipped 8 tries last week and are not in good form. We beat Widnes, we can beat Sheffield.

Both teams are playing badly and whilst Sheffield shipped eight tries away from home, we managed to do the same, but at home. 

I think our only chance is if Thackeray doesn’t play, but I’ve no idea if that will happen. 

This is a game I don’t think we will win, but I do admire your suggested tactics WR to defeat the Eagles. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

8 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

The Sheffield web page states that tickets are not available on the day .... that they can only be bought on line! Does anyone know if this is correct... or is the web page a bit behind?

Well I won't be going for one

The thought of contributing to the travelling community is not my style🤔🤔🤔

Dislike Sheffield with a passion

But admire how one bloke can run a club single handed the way tubby Aston does...👏👏👏👏👏👏👏

Bit like....... 

General gaddafi did🤔🤔🤔🤣🤣🤣

9 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

The Sheffield web page states that tickets are not available on the day .... that they can only be bought on line! Does anyone know if this is correct... or is the web page a bit behind?

You can always come and watch a decent game between too form teams at the mount and all for a tenner if you book early!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

12 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

Both teams are playing badly and whilst Sheffield shipped eight tries away from home, we managed to do the same, but at home. 

I think our only chance is if Thackeray doesn’t play, but I’ve no idea if that will happen. 

This is a game I don’t think we will win, but I do admire your suggested tactics WR to defeat the Eagles. 

Let's hope Thackeray isn't playing because he made/scored all three tries against us.

Thank you on the tactics, let's hope we can score off a few kicks

2 hours ago, graham fisher said:

Any Rams fan thinking of taking up this offer please bare in mind you will have to self isolate unless you’ve had both jabs 😂

To be honest Graham, I think you would need to self isolate even if you have had both jabs!!! 😂

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

4 minutes ago, Hugh Jarce said:

To be honest Graham, I think you would need to self isolate even if you have had both jabs!!! 😂

Beri-Beri is rife in Batley at the moment 🤔

For next Sundays visit to the borderlands of Batley 

Gareth Hewer has loaned me a special suit from Sellafield 🤔🤣

1 hour ago, Hugh Jarce said:

Oy cheeky, the only thing you catch at the mount is a rare thing seen at Dewsbury...

Entertainment!

Touch Rugby W(h)inger and part-time Super Hero (Thursday mornings by appointment) :superman:

BATLEY BULLDOGS RLFC :bb:

3 minutes ago, Piggy's mate said:

Oy cheeky, the only thing you catch at the mount is a rare thing seen at Dewsbury...

Entertainment!

Not having seen Batley play since their Boxing Day defeat, I couldn’t say whether their play is entertaining or not and I will not be visiting the ground this coming Sunday to find out. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

21 minutes ago, Crown Flatter said:

Not having seen Batley play since their Boxing Day defeat, I couldn’t say whether their play is entertaining or not and I will not be visiting the ground this coming Sunday to find out. 

Shame you missed the derby at your place we played some wonderful stuff in the 2nd half 

18 hours ago, the old nine ole said:

I cannot find anything on their website about not being able to pay on the day, nor if the price is for the double header as Doncaster play Coventry at 2.30. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

2 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I cannot find anything on their website about not being able to pay on the day, nor if the price is for the double header as Doncaster play Coventry at 2.30. 

Match Tickets (sheffieldeagles.com)

Sport, amongst other things, is a dream-world offering escape from harsh reality and the disturbing prospect of change.

12 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

You can always come and watch a decent game between too form teams at the mount and all for a tenner if you book early!

I'm sure that you would really enjoy me chuntering in your ear for a couple of hours PM.

13 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

When York were due to play there , also a double header ,  you could only buy tickets for each game , they really are promoting the sport , theirs and Our loss.😀😀😀

15 hours ago, Piggy's mate said:

Entertainment!

Many a true word spoken in jest!! 😪

Then again, it just might be the medication taking effect on you!! 😂

"Life's tough.......It's even tougher if you're stupid." - John Wayne

4 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

When York were due to play there , also a double header ,  you could only buy tickets for each game , they really are promoting the sport , theirs and Our loss.😀😀😀

I have just contacted Doncaster and was told it is a double-header with tickets available now, or on the day at £15.00 per adult (no concessionary rate) and children £1.00.

This is rather confusing as the Sheffield site (from the link above from BSJ) indicates no purchase on the day and different admission charges. 

Legs, Dews, Legs.

1 hour ago, Crown Flatter said:

I have just contacted Doncaster and was told it is a double-header with tickets available now, or on the day at £15.00 per adult (no concessionary rate) and children £1.00.

This is rather confusing as the Sheffield site (from the link above from BSJ) indicates no purchase on the day and different admission charges. 

Sheffield on the take from their landlords 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣

7 hours ago, Crown Flatter said:

I don't think that Sheffield have updated the Covid rules on their website, hence the reference to no purchases on the day. I'd stay at home if I were you, just in case.

Archived