First new player to sign.

spanishknight

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
4 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

Yeah, apologies, I always get Stock and Bass the wrong way round - must be my age...but as Spanish Knight says a lot of players won’t be around what with retirement and Kear, for one, sniffing around. 

Sam Scott is one of the players that Kears interested in signing, it said in one of the papers that he has signed for them already.

56 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Sam Scott is one of the players that Kears interested in signing, it said in one of the papers that he has signed for them already.

Yorkshire live have confrimed its a done deal shame would have loved to have kept him ,first of many me thinks

3 hours ago, yck2017 said:

Yorkshire live have confrimed its a done deal shame would have loved to have kept him ,first of many me thinks

I agree about wishing we'd kept him if it's true but I can't see why it should be the first of many. First of a few maybe which is usual at the end of the season. I just hope, like Fordy said the other day, we've had our share of bad luck with injuries this year and it's a lot better in that respect next season.

53 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

In the Press Fordy's saying there's a few retiring at the end of this season but wouldn't name them.

To be honest i wouldn't sign any of the them,need to sign younger championship players who know the division with maybe a a couple of experienced players like Horne and Benny .Would like to see Marsh,Morgan Smith,Jubb and Brinning all sign contracts for next season and build the team around them

4 minutes ago, Puk said:

To be honest i wouldn't sign any of the them,need to sign younger championship players who know the division with maybe a a couple of experienced players like Horne and Benny .Would like to see Marsh,Morgan Smith,Jubb and Brinning all sign contracts for next season and build the team around them

I'd keep Ronan Dixon and Teanby

I’d keep Kirmond purely because apart from the first 5 or 6 games he’s consistently played at a good standard and I think he can still do a job at this level. 

Players like Teanby and Whiteley on their day are very good at this level they both just lack consistency. I’m sure no one is more frustrated than them. Same with Kieran Dixon, great going forward just seems to struggle with positioning and I feel more teams will simply have their big players run at him. Jury still out on those 3 for me. 

Teams like Batley and Sheffield seem to get it right. You’ve got a guy like Dale Morton at Batley who’s played super league so has that experience but also has nearly 250 appearances at championship level and is still only 30. 

But then I’m not the coach 😬

21 minutes ago, AB Knight said:

I’d keep Kirmond purely because apart from the first 5 or 6 games he’s consistently played at a good standard and I think he can still do a job at this level. 

Players like Teanby and Whiteley on their day are very good at this level they both just lack consistency. I’m sure no one is more frustrated than them. Same with Kieran Dixon, great going forward just seems to struggle with positioning and I feel more teams will simply have their big players run at him. Jury still out on those 3 for me. 

Teams like Batley and Sheffield seem to get it right. You’ve got a guy like Dale Morton at Batley who’s played super league so has that experience but also has nearly 250 appearances at championship level and is still only 30. 

But then I’m not the coach 😬

Thought Kirmond was retiring and starting his own business, maybe wrong and got him mixed up with someone else

I'd keep all the lads that have been with us since 2019, they are the lads that perform week in week out, get rid of all those ' big names' that came this year (except kirmond and tyme) I think they've all been rubbish. Try to keep McDonnell and Johnson as a good start to next year's squad

Green is definitely retiring. I’d wager Cuthbertson, Spears and Washbrook are definites. Kirmond, Jones-Bishop and Atkins are possibles. Maybe Dixon might call it a day? Maybe Brining’s sick of getting injured? Also with Scott and possibly Baldwinson going to Bradford there’s a fair bit of recruiting to be done. 

8 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

Green is definitely retiring. I’d wager Cuthbertson, Spears and Washbrook are definites. Kirmond, Jones-Bishop and Atkins are possibles. Maybe Dixon might call it a day? Maybe Brining’s sick of getting injured? Also with Scott and possibly Baldwinson going to Bradford there’s a fair bit of recruiting to be done. 

Hope Dixon stays , a lot younger than the others plus IMHO a lot more effort .😀😀😀

8 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

When you see how many 35’s and over we have in the squad (5) that’s potentially a lot of recruiting to be done to replace them. On top of that others who choose to move on, leaves you looking to replace half the team. There are lessons to be learned from last years recruitment policy and I think we’ll be that bit wiser this time around. So get your Squadbuilder donations in and get ready for the journey that will be 2022.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

18 hours ago, yck2017 said:

Until the bulls or york confirm it I would take anything they say with a pinch of salt they are not the most reliable of sources according to them last year we were definitely signing a wakey player who didn't sign and two lads we did sign were definitely signing for other teams 

Archived