First new player to sign.

spanishknight

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Good to see we’re not creating a ‘Dad’s Army‘ team like last year, though given pretty much everyone seems to be a back more of last years’ squad must be leaving - which of Dixon, Bass, Salter, Dow-Nikau, BJB, O’Hagen, I wonder? Isn’t is about time Cuthbertson announced his retirement? The statement he should have made two years’ ago.  “Solid” rather than “Box Office” is how I’d describe the squad so far. Still waiting for those big, bruising forwards....Thompson, good player though he is, isn’t one of those. Fingers crossed some of the the next few announcements tick this box....

3 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

Good to see we’re not creating a ‘Dad’s Army‘ team like last year, though given pretty much everyone seems to be a back more of last years’ squad must be leaving - which of Dixon, Bass, Salter, Dow-Nikau, BJB, O’Hagen, I wonder? Isn’t is about time Cuthbertson announced his retirement? The statement he should have made two years’ ago.  “Solid” rather than “Box Office” is how I’d describe the squad so far. Still waiting for those big, bruising forwards....Thompson, good player though he is, isn’t one of those. Fingers crossed some of the the next few announcements tick this box....

I think Dow-Nikau and Bass will sign again.O'Hagan is too much of a gamble with been injury prone.Cuthbertson is on the coaching staff anyway so he might be used as a squad member,but he was not what we had expected last season.

We have signed a good selection of players so far but we are a fair way from having the squad needed for competing with the top teams of last season. 

3 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

i think the backs are already a cut above last years , as you say couple of bruisers needed in the forwards then we could be a match for most

11 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

I think Dow-Nikau and Bass will sign again.O'Hagan is too much of a gamble with been injury prone.Cuthbertson is on the coaching staff anyway so he might be used as a squad member,but he was not what we had expected last season.

We have signed a good selection of players so far but we are a fair way from having the squad needed for competing with the top teams of last season. 

I hope O’Hagan signs on again, when he was only half fit he looked to be the best halfback we’ve had for years. He’s had an op now which hopefully will sort his recurring injury and he’s only young so all being well he’s still got a long career ahead of him. 

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

York City Knights are delighted to confirm the signing of Masi Matongo from Hull FC on a one-year deal for 2022, in association with Atropa Pharmacy. 

25-year-old Matongo has made over fifty Betfred Super League appearances for the Airlie Birds since making his debut for the club in 2015 against Wigan Warriors. Three years later, in 2018, the Zimbabwean-born prop was named in the England Knights performance squad as well as in the following year.

CHAMPIONS 2005

1 hour ago, Rooney's Ears said:

York City Knights are delighted to confirm the signing of Masi Matongo from Hull FC on a one-year deal for 2022, in association with Atropa Pharmacy. 

25-year-old Matongo has made over fifty Betfred Super League appearances for the Airlie Birds since making his debut for the club in 2015 against Wigan Warriors. Three years later, in 2018, the Zimbabwean-born prop was named in the England Knights performance squad as well as in the following year.

Should be a good signing if he's over the injury problems he's had the last 2 years. He's only played one game this year and that was for the Bulls on loan.

2 hours ago, Clarence Street said:

Should be a good signing if he's over the injury problems he's had the last 2 years. He's only played one game this year and that was for the Bulls on loan.

Don't like the sound of that John. Let's hope the lad is over his problems and can regain full fitness. He's just the sort of unit we've been crying out for. Fingers crossed. 

39 minutes ago, DEANO said:

Again??????

42 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Think Cuthbo could go again next year for us.

I hope so. Like others I was disappointed with Adam's contribution at times but injuries didn't help. He has something  to prove to Knights fans if not himself. Playing behind our new big lads his ball handling could be  invaluable. Just a thought.

Archived