First new player to sign.

spanishknight

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 hours ago, Peter G. said:

Ā 

I hope so. Like others I was disappointed with Adam's contribution at times but injuries didn't help. He has somethingĀ  to prove to Knights fans if not himself. Playing behind our new big lads his ball handling could beĀ  invaluable. Just a thought.

i know what you,re thinking but i feel marcus stock offers more in that department

Matongo and Pauli Pauli - weā€™re certainly adding some size!! Have we ever had a player as large as Pauli Pauli? I wonder how the likes of Trevor Hooper would look like next to him? Sorry, but itā€™s a ā€œnoā€ to me on Cuthbertson. His knee/knees are shot and he should call it a day and free up a squad number. Only way Iā€™d change this view is if heā€™s working for the club in a different capacity and his registration costs very little then Iā€™d keep him in case of emergencies. Whose next Fordy? Taumalolo and Fisher-Harris would do nicely.

20 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Matongo and Pauli Pauli - weā€™re certainly adding some size!! Have we ever had a player as large as Pauli Pauli? I wonder how the likes of Trevor Hooper would look like next to him? Sorry, but itā€™s a ā€œnoā€ to me on Cuthbertson. His knee/knees are shot and he should call it a day and free up a squad number. Only way Iā€™d change this view is if heā€™s working for the club in a different capacity and his registration costs very little then Iā€™d keep him in case of emergencies. Whose next Fordy? Taumalolo and Fisher-Harris would do nicely.

Big George Ballantyne in our 1980/81 squad. He was on loan to us the back part of that season from Cas.He was massive and only came on the last quarter of every game as a prop.He scored a few tries for us by just walking and belly flopping over the try line from a couple of metres out,nobody got in his way.His shirt never fitted him and finished at his belly button.

I saw him a few seasons later playing for Bramley against us and he had lost loads of weight.Ā 

1 hour ago, Wiggyroad said:

Big George Ballantyne in our 1980/81 squad. He was on loan to us the back part of that season from Cas.He was massive and only came on the last quarter of every game as a prop.He scored a few tries for us by just walking and belly flopping over the try line from a couple of metres out,nobody got in his way.His shirt never fitted him and finished at his belly button.

I saw him a few seasons later playing for Bramley against us and he had lost loads of weight.Ā 

We've had a few big lads over the years, Mal Dixon 19 stone, Colin Forsyth the same, Annie Morgan another at 19 stone and Ron Hill about the same.

22 hours ago, Wiggyroad said:

Chicken George was his nick name.......for the life of me I can't remember why.

21 hours ago, spanishknight said:

We've had a few big lads over the years, Mal Dixon 19 stone, Colin Forsyth the same, Annie Morgan another at 19 stone and Ron Hill about the same.

, Annie Morgan I bet she was a handfull SĀ 

1 hour ago, Clarence Street said:

He'll do for me, especially with the 2 new big lads along side.Ā 

Agree with that, but I'm not yet convinced re the captaincy, especially on the field. But in interview Chris says he learned a lot last season about his new role so we'll see. Captain fantastic was a hard act to follow.Ā 

1 hour ago, Wiggyroad said:

I wonder if it's a winger this time.Its time for a few more backs to be added to the squad. Maybe another winger. I still think we are short of players in that area

well looks like ben blackmore not getting new contract at FEV He's a class act very good championship winger

3 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

why don,t you want him then

Next seasonĀ  G on one wing we will have gareth gale who scored 27 tries last year and on tuther we will have luke briscoe who when he was with us last time in the championship scored 43 tries in 44 games including world record of scoring in 17 consecutiveĀ gamesĀ 

Archived