First new player to sign.

spanishknight

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, POR said:

Next season  G on one wing we will have gareth gale who scored 27 tries last year and on tuther we will have luke briscoe who when he was with us last time in the championship scored 43 tries in 44 games including world record of scoring in 17 consecutive games 

I see , you think those 2 will never pick up an injury.

58 minutes ago, georgeb1 said:

I see , you think those 2 will never pick up an injury.

no but we still got a young winger who scored twice against you at wembley on the books and craig hall who scored 28 tries last year  a lot of them on the wing who can fill in if we get injuries 

3 hours ago, POR said:

Next season  G on one wing we will have gareth gale who scored 27 tries last year and on tuther we will have luke briscoe who when he was with us last time in the championship scored 43 tries in 44 games including world record of scoring in 17 consecutive games 

Impressive.

27 minutes ago, POR said:

no but we still got a young winger who scored twice against you at wembley on the books and craig hall who scored 28 tries last year  a lot of them on the wing who can fill in if we get injuries 

Craig hall ,  shocked he,s going round again , only just missed the pensioners reunion at York last year ,mind he'll be ready for the ram's next year😁

2 hours ago, spanishknight said:

The 20th player to sign for next year is Olly Butterworth a winger from Sheffield, Olly stands at 6 foot 4 and scored an 80 metre try against Swinton last season, Fordy must think something of him to give a two year deal.

Love the headline in the York Press -  "Knights sign winger with League, union and bobsleigh credentials" .......

So he's a certain starter away at Batley 😆

As others have said he needs to play like he did in the second half of the season because in the first he was pretty ordinary - unless you count conceding more than his fair share of penalties as being extraordinary. He was also absolutely shattered in many matches so you’re only going to get half a game from him. I’d still like to see a couple of young, mobile 80 minute forwards in the mix. 

1 hour ago, Fax Knight said:

As others have said he needs to play like he did in the second half of the season because in the first he was pretty ordinary - unless you count conceding more than his fair share of penalties as being extraordinary. He was also absolutely shattered in many matches so you’re only going to get half a game from him. I’d still like to see a couple of young, mobile 80 minute forwards in the mix. 

hopefully thats where a certain mr porter comes in to the mix

4 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

IMO this highlights a potential problem of super league players, especially the older ones, leaving full time clubs and having to get used  to training twice a week. Even the most dedicated ones will never be as fit as they were. Thus, on paper last seasons group looked brilliant, but it was no surprise that some of the ' oldies ' couldn't reproduce their best form. I'm hoping that Paulie Paulie, being only 27, can retain enough fitness to impress.

Great that BOH has resigned for next season like others have said he his a class act and have 4 great half backs for next season if you include Marshy,disappointed Nikau is leaving the knights would have been a good option in the forwards for the us.

Archived