First new player to sign.

spanishknight

25 minutes ago, Puk said:

Great that BOH has resigned for next season like others have said he his a class act and have 4 great half backs for next season if you include Marshy,disappointed Nikau is leaving the knights would have been a good option in the forwards for the us.

Can I ask how you know Nikou is leaving us.

He would be a good asset to the team

• Replies 257
  • Created
  • Last Reply
26 minutes ago, Wiggyroad said:

Can I ask how you know Nikou is leaving us.

He would be a good asset to the team

Understand Nikau is going down under, it may just be a holiday to see his family, remember they were coming over here for the world cup his father was in the disability competition.

5 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Understand Nikau is going down under, it may just be a holiday to see his family, remember they were coming over here for the world cup his father was in the disability competition.

That's a shame.I saw a lot of potential in him and thought another season with him in the team would be a big positive for both parties 

14 hours ago, spanishknight said:

You never know we may have another three quarter lined up, we have 22 signed on I'd say another 2 or 3 to come in.

We might use Ellis as a loose forward if you think we might have another three quarter lined up.We need Jason Bass to sign as a utility back now

20 hours ago, spanishknight said:

You never know we may have another three quarter lined up, we have 22 signed on I'd say another 2 or 3 to come in.

5 forwards retired or left the club , only 3 replacements so far, another couple of  new faces to look forward to ?.

• 2 weeks later...
On 11/11/2021 at 20:27, spanishknight said:

Fordy on radio York saying he's  looking at bringing in one or two more.

Here’s one: https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/jack-logan-new-club-hull-6200167

http://www.alldesignandprint.co.uk

Printing & Graphic Design with Nationwide Service

Programmes Leaflets Cards Banners & Flags Letterheads Tickets Magazines Folders | Brand Identity plus much more

Official Matchday Programme Print & Design Partner to York City Knights, Heworth ARLFC, York Acorn RLFC & Hunslet RLFC

Official Player Sponsor of Marcus Stock for the 2020 Season

Seems a decent signing, but I believe we still need more forwards.  Wafer-thin cover at present if anyone gets injured - we’ve got three hookers, but only four props and, what, four seasoned second rows/loose forwards and a young lad. Unless I’ve missed someone?? And, sorry, great player though he once was, I don’t want to see one-legged Cuthbertson as another forward. Here’s hoping. 

58 minutes ago, Fax Knight said:

Seems a decent signing, but I believe we still need more forwards.  Wafer-thin cover at present if anyone gets injured - we’ve got three hookers, but only four props and, what, four seasoned second rows/loose forwards and a young lad. Unless I’ve missed someone?? And, sorry, great player though he once was, I don’t want to see one-legged Cuthbertson as another forward. Here’s hoping. 

We have 12 forwards signed for next season, 3 hookers, 4 props and 5 backrow forwards.

13 hours ago, spanishknight said:

We have 12 forwards signed for next season, 3 hookers, 4 props and 5 backrow forwards.

Who are the four props? Dixon, Teanby, Matongo and ? The intention, I believe, is to play Pauli in the back row.

Beer and York Knights. Proof the God loves us and wants us to be happy. 🍺🏉

15 hours ago, Fax Knight said:

I don’t want to see one-legged Cuthbertson as another forward. Here’s hoping. 

Is that hoping or hopping 🤔🤣🤣

Been looking at the "ins & outs" of each team

No mention of Cuthbertson or Dixon yours?? 

2 hours ago, georgeb1 said:

of the back row forwards , stock, kirmond and clarkson have all featured at prop before so a pretty versatile pack.

It's not ideal playing back row forwards has props. Most match day squads have four props in them, so we need one more, plus Mr Ford says he wants to sign one 

43 minutes ago, Shadow45 said:

It's not ideal playing back row forwards has props. Most match day squads have four props in them, so we need one more, plus Mr Ford says he wants to sign one 

A lot of teams have 6 props, 2 starting, 2 on the bench and 2 more either resting, injured or suspended.

43 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

B.J.B. signs for Sheffield, that's a bit of money saved and I think we have better for next season.

A load off the payroll🤔

Think his time at York can be summed up in 2 Anti Nowhere League song's

"we will not remember you" 

And him going to Sheffield 

"So f#%£ING what"

10 hours ago, spanishknight said:

B.J.B. signs for Sheffield, that's a bit of money saved and I think we have better for next season.

No real surprise not been retained,poor first half of the season and another year older.

Indeed good luck to him. He always seemed to try, but to me he never seemed much of a threat with ball in hand for a big winger. Seldom broke the line and he doesn’t really have a step. But then we’re hardly the greatest team at creating space for wingers. Him and Dixon didn’t get much quality ball last year thanks to our turgid game plan. Let’s hope this season is different. 

Archived