Sat 4-Sun 5 Sept: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 minutes ago, FearNothing said:

barrow score a late one, 32-30 up!! looks like they're promoted.

Mathematically they’re not but realistically they are as it’s highly unlikely they’ll lose at home to WWR.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

On 03/09/2021 at 18:07, Rob Nash said:

All home wins would suit us nicely for a 3rd place finish

Covid destroyed us mid season. 3rd place would be a great achievement. We've named a 21 with just a couple of changes for 3 weeks. Stability is crucial going into these games

What has happened to Harry Carter Rob , not seen him mentioned in your lie up's for a while ?.

1 minute ago, Bearman said:

Bears were denied a try under the posts in the last few minutes.

It's certainly good to see Coventry being very competitive this season. The next step for them will be to start converted those 'near misses' into wins next season

7 hours ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

The Cru are without the Bradford loanees who have been recalled and will play for the Bulls today 

Well, one of them did, Ethan O'Hanlon played a few minutes off the bench

Matthew Race was very good at being the water carrier

Don't ask me why they were called back! All I can say in defence is the same has happened to us this season with loanees from Super League clubs

38 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Barrow scored in the last minute and Shaw kicked the goal from the touch line to win the game 32-30.

What a roller coaster that game was. 

One of best kicks I've seen watching RL, 30 seconds before full time so whole ground knew it was pretty much for promotion based on next week, no disrespect to West Wales. 

For me it's a between Workington and North Wales for promotion. I think if North Wales were playing as they were 3 months ago, our kick today wouldn't have meant so much as we would back ourselves at home to anyone but North Wales look very good at the moment. Good luck to both sides .

10 minutes ago, paulwalker71 said:

Well, one of them did, Ethan O'Hanlon played a few minutes off the bench

Matthew Race was very good at being the water carrier

Don't ask me why they were called back! All I can say in defence is the same has happened to us this season with loanees from Super League clubs

Are you sure that wasn’t Ethan Kelly who came on.

1 minute ago, RSN said:

What a roller coaster that game was. 

One of best kicks I've seen watching RL, 30 seconds before full time so whole ground knew it was pretty much for promotion based on next week, no disrespect to West Wales. 

For me it's a between Workington and North Wales for promotion. I think if North Wales were playing as they were 3 months ago, our kick today wouldn't have meant so much as we would back ourselves at home to anyone but North Wales look very good at the moment. Good luck to both sides .

If Dons beat Keighley next week it's home to NW in playoffs. I'd fancy Dons under those circumstances

18 minutes ago, Bearman said:

Bears were denied a try under the posts in the last few minutes.

And the reason it was not given is?  but well done Coventry a very 'professional' show.  More 'injuries' than an episode of Casualty.

“It is not revenge we want for poor people, but happiness; indeed, what revenge can be taken for all the thousands of years of the sufferings of the poor?”

2 minutes ago, Rob Nash said:

If Dons beat Keighley next week it's home to NW in playoffs. I'd fancy Dons under those circumstances

Based on playing both sides in 2 weeks I thought North Wales are better. We played well against North Wales but they were just better and game was over 65 mins. We had 2 sin bins against Doncater and played awful yet it was still a game until last 5 mins. Only based on 2 games but on NW Crusaders form including win over Workington away I'd fancy them. Small number of games to make a judgement on though. 

11 minutes ago, RSN said:

Based on playing both sides in 2 weeks I thought North Wales are better. We played well against North Wales but they were just better and game was over 65 mins. We had 2 sin bins against Doncater and played awful yet it was still a game until last 5 mins. Only based on 2 games but on NW Crusaders form including win over Workington away I'd fancy them. Small number of games to make a judgement on though. 

I agree but, it seems like they are relying on loanees. If Bradford pull the plug again they might struggle.

I hope not I’ve got a lot of time for Cru and their fans

Ron Banks

Midlands Hurricanes and Barrow

23 minutes ago, RSN said:

Perspective isn't it? Doncaster were well off their game today and sneaked a win. Shocking completion rate in 1st half. Only 3 real attacking plays on the Coventry line and 2 tries. Completion in the 2nd half was slightly better but both sides looked knackered.

I would add btw that we've beaten Workington both home and away.

Archived