Sun 5 Sept: SL Magic: Leigh Centurions v Hull Kingston Rovers KO 17:30 (TV)

Who will win?  

27 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leigh Centurions
    • Hull Kingston Rovers

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/09/21 at 17:00

• Replies 57
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who's idea was it to finish off both Magic Weekend days with fixtures involving the Hull clubs?

As with my lot, Rervers conceded 40 points last time out, and on Sunday they face a team that conceded 60 last time out.

Were Leigh saving themselves for this weekend?

Even that probably won't do them much good.

Rervers 38 Leigh 22.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Leigh have a chance in this game. They left most of their best players at home for the Catalans game but they all return rested up for the magic weekend.

Rovers meanwhile are looking pretty busted with every game bringing fresh injuries and several players only being able to play jabbed up. They desperately need key players like Jordan Abdull back in the team but alas no sign yet.

For sure I would back Leigh with the 16 points start the bookies are offering.

5 minutes ago, DimmestStar said:

Leigh have a chance in this game. They left most of their best players at home for the Catalans game but they all return rested up for the magic weekend.

Rovers meanwhile are looking pretty busted with every game bringing fresh injuries and several players only being able to play jabbed up. They desperately need key players like Jordan Abdull back in the team but alas no sign yet.

For sure I would back Leigh with the 16 points start the bookies are offering.

Not really ' most ' , we just don't have the numbers to do that , ' some ' yes 

As for HKR , well chasing a play off brings pressure , that means players sometimes playing through the pain barrier , the Robins still big favourites , but with no pressure and 3/4 ' rested ' it's possibly a chance to grab a scalp 

The pressure is completely off for Leigh now they are relegated and have avoided zero wins thanks to the Salford game, so I can see them benefitting from that and going out to enjoy playing at a big stadium, whilst HKR are the ones under pressure. Rovers win is still most likely but I think a Leigh victory is on the cards.

Never once have I fancied us all season, but for some reason and I don't know why I have a feeling we may just sneak this one, I think the player's may just put everything into this, not just physically but mentally, in a lot if games we have lost it is obvious that has the game progressed the grey matter has been out of sync with the body, also nearly all of those guys are off contract this season and they will be hoping for a gig with Leigh in the Championship.

I have backed Leigh at 9To2.

Why not ?  We are ###### aren't we ?

Hall an Minnikin will need to be kept quiet but with the whole day bounced around Derek's great bike ride and Cancer research charity day, why not and who bloody cares ?

Enjoy the day Leythers. I wish I could have been there to join you 😣

Well, this is quite enjoyable so far. Two teams willing to try whatever comes into their heads.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Nice try from Leigh, against all that was being thrown at them.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I reckon that signifies home time for the majority of the neutrals.  

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.

Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

7 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

Well can't believe that despite relegation we are still being caned by the most inexperienced ref  - which we have somehow had all season  -  we are goosed and KR will run away with this, so that all can say how poor we are again.

Oh give over, nobody has it in for you. You are team thrown into a league beyond you, the refs didn't put you there are even ask for you to be considered.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived