Sun 5 Sept: SL Magic: Wigan Warriors v Warrington Wolves KO 15:15 (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Wigan Warriors
    • Warrington Wolves

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 05/09/21 at 14:45

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think Wigan will win this, as we are beginning to play teams who have recently played as frequently as we have. Plus, Lam’s position has been clarified, and IL has confirmed that our part owner billionaire is ready and willing to step up once he has finished his stint. We have not instantly appointed Wane and Peet, which is encouraging, and have made it clear we are very much in the market for someone to replace Hastings... So, all in all a very good week for the club. 

It is a shame we will be watching Charnley and Williams (who was offered the most generous salary in the club’s history to re-sign for us) playing for the wrong side; they gave us a lot of good moments. 

35 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

I think Wigan will win this, as we are beginning to play teams who have recently played as frequently as we have. Plus, Lam’s position has been clarified, and IL has confirmed that our part owner billionaire is ready and willing to step up once he has finished his stint. We have not instantly appointed Wane and Peet, which is encouraging, and have made it clear we are very much in the market for someone to replace Hastings... So, all in all a very good week for the club. 

How do you define good week, no more bad news?, nothing I can see as getting the bunting out and actually turning up for games. You may win, but its the same coach same players minus who ever is suspended or injured. I think you will have to score a few tries unless your going for multiple penalty kicks to outscore Warrington. 

3 hours ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

How do you define good week, no more bad news?, nothing I can see as getting the bunting out and actually turning up for games. You may win, but its the same coach same players minus who ever is suspended or injured. I think you will have to score a few tries unless your going for multiple penalty kicks to outscore Warrington. 

Sounds like bombast from somebody who thinks it might just be their year.

Prior to last weekends games I would have said Wire by a massive country mile, but Wigan turned in a seriously high quality defensive effort last week and Warrington may be mentally highly vulnerable after being outplayed by St Helens. I also think the Williams factor will motivate Wigan, there is a psychological reason why Lenaghan & Radlinski chose this particular week to reveal that he turned down the best contract the club has ever offered.

5 hours ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

It is a shame we will be watching Charnley and Williams (who was offered the most generous salary in the club’s history to re-sign for us) playing for the wrong side; they gave us a lot of good moments. 

They’ve not confirmed Wane and Peet but they have hinted massively at it when you read through the fans forum minutes. Talk of Wane having newly found business skills he didn’t have prior to his exit and how there are other roles he could come back in and a confirmation that Peet has been doing the scouting for signings from the NRL. Add in Lenagan setting the scene of him never having appointed a guy already in a head coaching position and they’ve pretty much confirmed the rumours. It all points to Peet in a role similar to Agar at Leeds, working under a director of rugby, with Wane playing the role of Sinfield. 

As for the Wire game, I think they have too many attacking weapons for us. I went to Cas and it was better but the attack still looked well off and it’ll be tough to keep Wire to a couple of scores (which is what we’ll probably need to do to win). 

Wire by 12

12 minutes ago, The British Lion said:

Apologies on the catch up. What did Lenagan and Radlinski say they offered Williams to go back to Wigan? And what's the reasoning why he didn't?

They just said that he was offered the biggest contract in the 149 year history of the club. (I rather doubt that can be true, given how much Offiah and Hanley were taking home decades ago, when our wage bill was higher than now). Williams told Wigan that he wanted a new challenge. Rads surmised he was offered more money by Wire, as well. 

54 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

They just said that he was offered the biggest contract in the 149 year history of the club. (I rather doubt that can be true, given how much Offiah and Hanley were taking home decades ago, when our wage bill was higher than now). Williams told Wigan that he wanted a new challenge. Rads surmised he was offered more money by Wire, as well. 

Being a local lad( leigh/Warrington) you are use to Wigan snapping up the best juniors in all bordering towns, but now even born and bred wiganers are choosing elsewhere. 

Wigan let the ball bounce. They really shouldn't have.

Try for Thewlis.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Ullman said:

Jenna Brooks - "Daryl Clark has a stomach illness."

Bill Arthur  - "Thanks for clearing that up."

Yes, you want to avoid meat and potato pies in the 48 hours prior to a game against this lot.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

The Sky production is so irritating if you've got a stake in the game. Why show a replay when play is live? I want to see what's happening now, not the tackle before.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

2 minutes ago, Just Browny said:

The Sky production is so irritating if you've got a stake in the game. Why show a replay when play is live? I want to see what's happening now, not the tackle before.

..or three shots of what Derek Beaumont is wearing.

Archived