Sat 4 Sept: SL Magic: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 19:00 (TV)

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/09/21 at 18:30

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Absolutely no idea on this one. Old cliche but depends on which side turns up, if Rhinos can keep 13 men on the field for 80 minutes (debatable) then we might have a chance. Toss of a coin really.

20 minutes ago, Davo5 said:

Hull look a mess,Leeds win.

Leeds didn’t look great against Wakey either!

Its a must Win for Hull, Leeds still in it if they lose, not sure wether that will affect performance and if im honest I haven’t got a clue how to call this one, think maybe Hulls pack is too big for Leeds with Tetevano and Oledski missing

It's a long shot for Hull to make the play offs now, even if they win, I think (although don't know thanks to this points percentage system!)

You would certainly expect to see a determined Hull side given what is at stake. Saying that, I have seen Hull capitulate in games of equal importance. I recall them being in a do or die match to make the play offs against Castleford the other year and the match was over by half time.

A big test to see if Hodgson has truly brought any improvement to the team in his first year.

Hard to predict... Leeds will struggle with regard to the forwards, given injury and bans plus tiredness - may well be similar with regard tiredness for Hull, I wouldn't know.

Can Leeds be nimble and agile enough to work around Hull pack and to spread the ball and tire the Hull pack and from their take the game. Plus can Prior and co give less penalties to not make it easier for Hull - I doubt it.

Whomever wins neither team deserve to be in the play-offs... but either could do and who knows could end up in the final. Hopefully not as it would make even more nonsense of the system for them making play-offs with such poor win/loss rate around mid 55%.

31 minutes ago, redjonn said:

Hard to predict... Leeds will struggle with regard to the forwards, given injury and bans plus tiredness - may well be similar with regard tiredness for Hull, I wouldn't know.

Can Leeds be nimble and agile enough to work around Hull pack and to spread the ball and tire the Hull pack and from their take the game. Plus can Prior and co give less penalties to not make it easier for Hull - I doubt it.

Whomever wins neither team deserve to be in the play-offs... but either could do and who knows could end up in the final. Hopefully not as it would make even more nonsense of the system for them making play-offs with such poor win/loss rate around mid 55%.

Why would you say neither team deserves to be in the playoffs? If either team finishes 5th or 6th it's because they've played better than the teams below them. Who would you replace them with ?

Finding it hard to be positive for a good Hull FC performance. All the noises coming out of the club are around season ending injuries and last minute fitness tests to key players, that never seems to end well.

Opening couple of sets will show if Hodgson can get a response. Aggressive defence and a keen kick chase were missing against Cas and Salford and the early exchanges will show if they are back! Expecting a bit of a dour game between two sides under par but kind of desperate.

Leeds to win.

Just now, Loiner said:

Why would you say neither team deserves to be in the playoffs? If either team finishes 5th or 6th it's because they've played better than the teams below them. Who would you replace them with ?

true... and on that point as you say they have finished in the right position. Never-the-less you have finished mid point in the table or one can argue the bottom six and get to be in the play-offs.  I'd prefer top 4 or even top 3... then at least your in the top 25% or third of the table.

Just that the win/loss is such a way from the top teams.  Personally to answer your 2nd point I would have a system that you have to meet a certain win/loss ratio somewhere above 60% or higher and then adjust the fixture to suit the number of teams. Maybe that's too complicated.

We will lose 'cos we are pants.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

2 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Mind games OF, you know you will come out on top.

Have you been to outer space for the last two weekends?

2 hours ago, redjonn said:

true... and on that point as you say they have finished in the right position. Never-the-less you have finished mid point in the table or one can argue the bottom six and get to be in the play-offs.  I'd prefer top 4 or even top 3... then at least your in the top 25% or third of the table.

Just that the win/loss is such a way from the top teams.  Personally to answer your 2nd point I would have a system that you have to meet a certain win/loss ratio somewhere above 60% or higher and then adjust the fixture to suit the number of teams. Maybe that's too complicated.

You are correct a top 6 is ridiculous, I've always favoured top of the table goes straight into the final and the next 4 play off 2v5 3v4.

1 minute ago, Old Frightful said:

Have you been to outer space for the last two weekends?

Ha ha but I was at Wakefield on Monday, we were dreadful. As I said in an earlier post we are playing with 11 or 12 men for most of the game, discipline is terrible.

7 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Ha ha but I was at Wakefield on Monday, we were dreadful. 

While we were, of course, superb at Solfud.

7 hours ago, Chris22 said:

It's a long shot for Hull to make the play offs now, even if they win, I think (although don't know thanks to this points percentage system!)

You would certainly expect to see a determined Hull side given what is at stake. Saying that, I have seen Hull capitulate in games of equal importance. I recall them being in a do or die match to make the play offs against Castleford the other year and the match was over by half time.

A big test to see if Hodgson has truly brought any improvement to the team in his first year.

I'd actually say if we win it's advantage to us. It would put us and Leeds on exactly the same percentage (50) and since Leeds have played more, any further wins are worth more % points to us than theirs are to them. So Leeds probably have to go to Saints and win, otherwise they are relying on us losing both our remaining games. Obviously that's not taking in to account what Rovers and Cas are doing, but it's in our own hands.

The big question is can we win? Someone said either than Hull look a mess and I don't think that's fair. It was a rubbish result and performance against Salford, but before that we have been playing reasonably even in defeat. If we turn up then I think we are better side than Leeds, but since the covid outbreaks we do look low on energy. I'm not expecting much tbh, I think Leeds will probably turn us over and that will probably be it for our playoff hopes. But I'm not writing us off either.

Edit. I actually thought there were 3 games after this, but there are 2, so my scenario isn't quite right. However, if Hull win tomorrow, the equation is this:

2 wins each and Hull finish above Leeds. 2 losses each and Leeds finish above Hull. 1 win each, Leeds finish higher on PD%

I was right that it's in Hulls hands though. 3 wins and we are in the playoffs regardless of anyone elses results.

1 hour ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Hull to feel the wrath of Leeds after their shock loss to a bottom 4 club. Leeds by 18.

Leeds to feel the wrath of Hull after their shock loss to a bottom 4 club. Hull by 18.

15 hours ago, Sir Kevin Sinfield said:

Hull to feel the wrath of Leeds after their shock loss to a bottom 4 club. Leeds by 18.

Are Leeds capable of making anyone "feel the wrath?"

I'm not worried about Leeds at all. I'm much more worried about out own failings.

Archived