Sat 4 Sept: SL Magic: Leeds Rhinos v Hull FC KO 19:00 (TV)

Who will win?  

26 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Leeds Rhinos
    • Hull FC

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/09/21 at 18:30

• Replies 142
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, M j M said:

Epic win that. At one point I think we were down to 3 of the first choice team playing in the right positions. The missed goals were poor but the team's leadership wasn't on the field so I can forgive them that.

We switched over after the world cup qualifiers and saw from the 65th minute. 

Friends who have not seen league before were really enthralled by the golden point. They liked the dropped goal attempts and excitment.  It helped that it was Leeds playing but it was certainly a great advert for the game.

3 minutes ago, sentoffagain2 said:

First time i saw him playing on dual reg for us Fev at Batley i said he was the best young centre prospect i had seen since Paul Newlove.

I think we have to bear in mind he’s still finding his way back after an horrific injury aswell he will only get better

Game completely swung after the disallowed try from Tuimavave for offside that was followed up almost immediately with a try at the other end. We had the momentum and lost it completely.

Gutted for us. For most of the game, we were in top. Blew it at the end yet again. Not sure if it's a fitness thing or a psychological thing, but we seem to really struggle after the 60min mark in games.

Season over. 

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Thin chance of Hull scraping into 6th now. 

4. Wigan 13 0 9 (59.09%)

5. Leeds 12 0 10 (54.55%)

6. Cas 11 0 10 (52.38%)

7. Rovers 8 0 9 (47.06%)

8. Hull 8 1 10 (44.74%)

Remaining fixtures:

Warrington v Wigan

Leigh v Hull KR

Hull FC v Wigan

Saints v Leeds

Hull KR v Cas

Wigan v Catalans

Leeds v Hull KR

Cas v Warrington

Hull FC v Wakefield

Underlined scenario would see the table look like:

4. Leeds 13 0 11 (54.17%)

5. Wigan 13 0 12 (52%)

6. Rovers 10 0 10 (50%)

7. Hull 10 1 10 (50%)

8. Cas 11 0 12 (47.83%)

Would come down to points difference between FC & KR, with KR's currently sightly ahead. Considering they're about to play Leigh (likely win), and need to beat Cas for us to stay in with a mathematical possibility, only a complete hammering by Leeds and 2 big Hull wins will make up for it. That won't likely happen.

Season pretty much over, but teeny tiny chance left! Leigh beating Rovers today gives us a huge improvement in chance though!

Up the Leythers!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Not sure about golden point but lets not forget if the score is equal with 10-15mins to go you get a focus on drop goals anyway... So on that point I'd stick with it given the extra drama it can give to the sport. 

Taking last night Leeds defended very well in limiting Hull metres during the drop goal periods towards end of game and the golden point period.  So that at least show cased other good aspects of the game/sport.

23 minutes ago, M j M said:

I was happy enough with draws but Leeds have done ok out of this drop goal-arama we have now.

Switching it to Golden Try would probably be the best solution as it's not going to go away.

I always suggest this and I will again silver point is perfect for RL. It was tried in football but didn’t work because teams could kill the game you can’t really do that in RL

Silver point. Effectively you play out extra time to the end the first team to score whatever method that’s the silver point and if scores were tied at the end of extra time they would win. So once the silver point has been scored both teams know what they have to do. It also takes away that slightly hollow feeling you get at the end of golden point as it always seems a disappointing end.

On 05/09/2021 at 14:22, M j M said:

Switching it to Golden Try would probably be the best solution as it's not going to go away.

Not often I agree with you, Golden Pont is one of the dumbest concepts we've adopted from the NRL. It just leads to an embarrassing 'kick-a thon', usually with plenty of truly pathetic attempts.

A 'Golden Try' would be a better concept if are to keep this way of deciding games

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

On 04/09/2021 at 22:33, DimmestStar said:

Incredible performance from Leeds. When Lui went off early it left them without their half backs, their full back and most of their best forwards.

They had absolutely no right to win the game with such a makeshift team but were thoroughly deserved winners. They had so many chances to tie it up at the end I thought they might pay but justice was done. 

In terms of entertainment If SKY don't like what has been on offer today I give up.

Ha ha ha...hilarious.

You post one of your pathetic pre match jibes at Hull FC then we don't see you again during the game that Hull are in front until Leeds have won in golden point when you come out with the above classic.

Hull have a try disallowed that went to the VR as a try, difficult to judge so it's nearly always given as a try, the entire Sky team and nearly all on here say it was a try, but Ben Thaler decides he wants to be the centre of discussion and disallows it.

And you say Leeds winning was justice?

What about the Takairangi try yesterday when he dropped it...any thoughts on that?

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived