Sat 4 Sept: SL Magic: St Helens v Catalans Dragons KO 17:15 (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/09/21 at 16:45

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, Mark S said:

How did that worm shagger make it over the bar?

Thought this was a reference to how Walmsley wriggles about when he has been tackled.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, Β£7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a Β£2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

3 minutes ago, JonM said:

Seem to recall he got an awful lot of stick on here.

He was getting justified stick, but he has matured into a very good coach.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

Β 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Anyone needs me, I'll be on RedVee.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, Β£7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a Β£2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Just now, Padge said:

He was still getting a lot of stick after becoming a good coach.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

76': St Helens 30-12 Catalans Dragons
77': St Helens 30-18 Catalans Dragons
78': St Helens 30-24 Catalans Dragons
80': St Helens 30-30 Catalans Dragons
102': St Helens 30-31 Catalans Dragons

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, Futtocks said:

He was still getting a lot of stick after becoming a good coach.

True

Β 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, Padge said:

He'd been coaching for 15 years, including spells as an assistant at two NRL clubs, plus the England job, when he took over at Catalans. I'm sceptical that he's 'matured' that much in the past two seasons.

I bet there were quite a few people who cheered for Samkins today who never thought they'd ever find themselves doing that. :kolobok_biggrin:

Ralph Waldo Emerson

Thinking Saints would trample Catalan with the score then at 30-12, I wandered off to have dinner-only to return when the post-match interviews were taking placeΒ πŸ˜‚Β and so missed all the late drama.

Will Sky re-broadcast the game, be it highlights or otherwise? Thanks.Β 

Just now, barnyia said:

But they doΒ  need to do better to win a semi or the final.Β 

Concentration I think is the answer.

Β 

4 minutes ago, JonM said:

He'd been coaching for 15 years, including spells as an assistant at two NRL clubs, plus the England job, when he took over at Catalans. I'm sceptical that he's 'matured' that much in the past two seasons.

He won the Challenge cup 3 years ago. In his 5 years at Catalans he has certainly matured. This is only his second head coachingΒ job with a club.

1 minute ago, JonM said:

I am talking of his early coaching career, becoming mature is a time thing and a process that happens during that time.

Mature cheese doesn't become mature overnight, it is a slow process of flavour increasing over time.

Β 

Β 

3 minutes ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Thinking Saints would trample Catalan with the score then at 30-12, I wandered off to have dinner-only to return when the post-match interviews were taking placeΒ πŸ˜‚Β and so missed all the late drama.

Will Sky re-broadcast the game, be it highlights or otherwise? Thanks.Β 

They are likely to put together a highlights package… just start watching at 75 minutes in.Β 

2 minutes ago, dkw said:

Discipline as always with the Catalans is the question.

A lot of that is concentration, but I get your point.

Β 

17 minutes ago, barnyia said:

Bit of positivity now heavy winger? Mourgue can keep le melon if he wants, dudson decided to run, and kasiano decided to do a bit more, Maloney nipped over from Lézignan to kick the drop! 😁

I never doubted big Sam Kasiano. Mourgue and Dudson on the other hand... Despite his frantic run Mourgue threw two hail Mary that hurt us and uhm... It was Dudson best and I'm still not sold on the guy.

I admit he turned it up a notch or two in the late second half.

Archived