Sat 4 Sept: SL Magic: St Helens v Catalans Dragons KO 17:15 (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/09/21 at 16:45

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply
10 minutes ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

The referee determined the outcome of this game…..

All through this thread we were being told that the ref was giving Saints everything and yet when Catalans win apparently the ref determined the outcome.

It's really hard to keep up.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

11 minutes ago, getdownmonkeyman said:

The referee determined the outcome of this game…..

Well that is obvious, he is the one that says points have been scored. If he wasn't there to do that the players would be arguing all night about what was and wasn't a score.

FFS.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

4 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

Saints can have no complaints, they controlled a game for 75 minutes and even if referee gives everything against you an 18 points with 4 mins is nothing but your own fault 

The ref does not matter either way. If either team was dominant, it would not be an issue.

Congratulations to Les Catalans, pleased to see it even as a Saints fan.

"You clearly have never met Bob8 then, he's like a veritable Bryan Ferry of RL." - Johnoco 19 Jul 2014

4 minutes ago, ELBOWSEYE said:

lady 5 minutes

Is she an employee at your local "massage" parlour?

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Not the result i wanted but it was a fantastic comeback by Catalans so i can’t complain. The Saints attitude was very blasé so hopefully they would’ve learnt from it. Kasiano was fantastic throughout the game. I do like seeing the Dragons do well even at my clubs expense….sometimes. 
Our defence might’ve improved (until tonight) but the discipline under Woolf is shambolic. I also don’t understand why he hardly puts another hooker on the bench because Roby is not going to offer much in attack anymore. It was a fantastic advert for the game though and the neutrals(if there is such a thing). 
I’m still not a fan of the golden point, i do enjoy a draw. 

Amazing game and Catalans winning the LLS in such dramatic fashion is a massive plus for French RL. Let's keep supporting the game over there, they have so much potential to help transform the NH game for the better.

Very frustrating way to lose. Most unlike us to implode in that manner. But the credit must go to Catalans for not knowing when they are beaten.

We have had our share of comeback and dramatic wins so you just have to take it on the chin when the reverse happens.

We have big lessons to learn, but it's Catalans' night, who deserved the LLS.

5 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

Thinking Saints would trample Catalan with the score then at 30-12, I wandered off to have dinner-only to return when the post-match interviews were taking place 😂 and so missed all the late drama.

Will Sky re-broadcast the game, be it highlights or otherwise? Thanks. 

I was the opposite of you. I saw the comeback but switched over for the world cup qualifiers, which we were really there to see, so didn't see the golden point. 

I then turned back again to see the last ten minutes plus extra time for Leeds v Hull. 

Just caught the game on delay down here in Aus, farout that was a wild ride and a half. Brilliant result to end up stealing the win but we were absolutely abysmal for 70 minutes, the attack during that time was some of the worst I have ever seen. 

Poor Mourgue should never have gone to the wing when Yaha was ruled out, Whitley to centre and Whare to wing should've been the way it went the whole second half. 

Looking to the rest of the season we're really missing our best forward in Garcia, he ties up the middle defensively and provides an extra set of hands to develop the attacking shape and create some extra space for the middles. In saying that, Goudemand has really emerged as a quality player this season as well so once Garcia comes back it'll really add some extra depth to the side as Mickael reverts to the bench or starts at prop. 

Really hope Langi is okay as he's also been quality all season and one of the best today. No player knows how to find a win like Jimmy Maloney, did it at more clubs than anyone in the NRL during his time there and even though he's past his best he still just finds a way.

8 hours ago, Futtocks said:

76': St Helens 30-12 Catalans Dragons
77': St Helens 30-18 Catalans Dragons
78': St Helens 30-24 Catalans Dragons
80': St Helens 30-30 Catalans Dragons
102': St Helens 30-31 Catalans Dragons

Guess who turned over after 76 mins, thought this is well and truly over with was interested in the Soliem Cup, well the player's are at least more pleasing on the eye than looking at Kasiano, Dudson, Bousquet and Walmsley.

Archived