Sat 4 Sept: SL Magic: St Helens v Catalans Dragons KO 17:15 (TV)

Who will win?  

25 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Catalans Dragons

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/09/21 at 16:45

• Replies 352
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last 20 minutes of this game needs to be used in all future SL advertising, it's astonishing that it happened between the top 2 teams in a game with such value. In other sports top 2 would have seen a stale load of nervous nonsense leading to a boring draw.

Didn't manage to watch this game yesterday but managed to catch some highlights this morning. 

Wow! Wow! 

That was the most incredible game I have ever seen (highlights of anyway). That turn and run by Morgue (I think it was?) to set up the second to last try was pure class and when they scored the last one I had goosebumps!

What an incredible game it was, anyone who was there is so lucky, you've seen a game that is gonna go down in the history and folklore of our great sport and you'll always have the memories of it, I'm so jealous of all of you. 👍

47 minutes ago, Gregory Peccary said:

I've been watching RL for the best part of 60 years but that has to be the most astonishing end to a match that I've ever seen. It was up there with the Aguero Moment.

If we're talking finishes right at the death, it happened on the same day as Manly's remarkable length of the field try on the hooter, although that wasn't a deciding score. A good day for that sort of thing.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 hours ago, M j M said:

LOL.

Thurr a likkle bit bitter.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

22 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

Looks probable that both SL and the Championship league tables will be headed by French teams. Pretty amazing imo. Hope it feeds into the international team and matches.

Unlikely given Catalans starting 13 only had 4 French players in it and only 5 in the full 17 and Toulouse are a Championship side.

St.Helens - The Home of record breaking Rugby Champions

In a strange sort of way I think that result will probably benefit Saints more come the play-off's than it will Catalans. They know they have the beating of them if they stick to their usual game having dominated for the vast majority of the match and the only thing that cost them was their own lack of discipline at times and complacency in the last 5 mins.

Its highly likely they'll play Wire in the first play-off round, a team they dominated for around 70mins a few weeks ago, and if they win probably Catalans, a team they dominated and thrashed earlier in the month and dominated for the majority of the match this weekend.

Brilliant game, thoroughly enjoyed it.

THoughts Saints were tremendous for the vast majority of the game but take nothing away from CAtalans and the way they approached that last period.

Love, love, love watching Morgue play - like a French Shaun Johnson.

If that ends up being the GF it could be an absolute classic.  Comfortably the two best teams in SL I'd say.

Catalans have the hubcap but recent history shows it counts for next to nothing when it comes to deciding the champions. Only 3 times in the last decade (Saints 2014 & 19 and Leeds in 2015) have the hubcap winners actually gone on to win the GF.

5 minutes ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

Anyone know on what minute the Maloney alleged shoulder charge was, I'd like to view it again 

39th - no charge

Passi, although some websites saying 2 matches, The a RFL says 3. 

Case Number:

ON/1152/21

Agnatius Paasi #17, St Helens

Competition:

Super League

Match:

St Helens v Catalans Dragons

Match Date:

2021-09-04

Incident:

High tackle in 84th minute

Decision:

Charge

Charge Detail:

Law 15.1 (b) Reckless ? tried to tackle but reckless about outcome. Grade C

Sanctions:

3 Match Penalty Notice

45 minutes ago, Lowdesert said:

39th - no charge

Passi, although some websites saying 2 matches, The a RFL says 3. 

Case Number:

ON/1152/21

Agnatius Paasi #17, St Helens

Competition:

Super League

Match:

St Helens v Catalans Dragons

Match Date:

2021-09-04

Incident:

High tackle in 84th minute

Decision:

Charge

Charge Detail:

Law 15.1 (b) Reckless ? tried to tackle but reckless about outcome. Grade C

Sanctions:

3 Match Penalty Notice

Typical RFL don't know their arris from their elbow. Another part of the RFL site says 2 matches for Paasi;

Disciplinary | Match Review Panel (rugby-league.com)

Following the latest round of Betfred Super League fixtures, the Match Review Panel have issued the following sanctions:

Agnatius Paasi (St Helens) – Grade C High Tackle – 2 Match Penalty Notice

Sam Hewitt (Huddersfield) – Grade B Forearm from Ball Carrier – 1 Match Penalty Notice

Archived