Crusaders final league game free admission

The Crusaders final league game of the season, Saturday 11th September, is now free entry to all as a thank you for the fans support this season. Details to get the free tickets are on Crusaders website. Anybody at a loose end please feel free to join us in what will be a great match against the Skolars. 

34 minutes ago, clwydianrange said:

The Crusaders final league game of the season, Saturday 11th September, is now free entry to all as a thank you for the fans support this season. Details to get the free tickets are on Crusaders website. Anybody at a loose end please feel free to join us in what will be a great match against the Skolars. 

Great idea with the possibility that some people will come who have never been to a game before and possibly become fans of our game

Great gesture by the club. Booked 2 tickets, was going anyway so hopefully there will be some merchandise I can spend some cash on given these are free. Might be an idea to put some of these tickets around the Colwyn Bay schools.

4 minutes ago, Chris Taylor said:

Offering the product cheaper will only cheapen the brand. 

Think outside the box to attract crowd, make it an event.

From the outside this looks exactly like they are thinking outside the box… a community day working with local groups etc and rewarding supporters after they’ve moved to a totally new area and stadium this season.

Worth the experiment to see if they can get new supporters, increase in merchandise etc and attract new sponsors to etc. Some people are never happy 😃 

2 minutes ago, theswanmcr said:

From the outside this looks exactly like they are thinking outside the box… a community day working with local groups etc and rewarding supporters after they’ve moved to a totally new area and stadium this season.

Worth the experiment to see if they can get new supporters, increase in merchandise etc and attract new sponsors to etc. Some people are never happy 😃 

But they will then expect to pay next to nothing for any future game. So the standard has been set for cheap tickets. 

Each to there own, if you are happy great. If that was my club, i'd be pretty annoyed.

2008 RFL Wakefield & District Young Volunteer of the Year

1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

But they will then expect to pay next to nothing for any future game. So the standard has been set for cheap tickets. 

Each to there own, if you are happy great. If that was my club, i'd be pretty annoyed.

If it was your club in what way ? , As a fan ? , Or an owner ? 

1 hour ago, Chris Taylor said:

Do you drink beer ?

Do you drink craft beer ? 

Have you ever been to a beer festival ? 

Have you ever been to a craft beer pub ?

2 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

That’s the spirit. Maybe charge a ton to get in, make it an exclusive event but have unlimited prawn vol au vents and Friexnet? The Zip World Stadium will be full to the rafters, they’ll have to show it on big screens at Rhyl Sun Centre to meet demand.  

14 hours ago, clwydianrange said:

Lets hope your enterprise pays dividends, and you get some new fans and sponsors out of it.

13 hours ago, Chris Taylor said:

I would agree in most cases, but not here. If it was an established heartlands club doing this then I'd object to it. But you are talking about a relatively new expansion club who are still trying to get a good foothold in the area. A lot of people who they will be targeting with this probably won't have watched rugby league before, and might only be vaguely aware who Crusaders are. I like the initiative in this case.

7 minutes ago, MZH said:

I would agree in most cases, but not here. If it was an established heartlands club doing this then I'd object to it. But you are talking about a relatively new expansion club who are still trying to get a good foothold in the area. A lot of people who they will be targeting with this probably won't have watched rugby league before, and might only be vaguely aware who Crusaders are. I like the initiative in this case.

Even for so called heartland clubs this would be a positive in the same circumstances.

You would hope most people will see the bigger picture and spend money on drink, food and some merchandise etc.

I also hope there are some boxes where people can throw some money in that also goes towards the cost of staging a game.

In other words if a normal fan expects to spend say £25 to £35 to go and pay to watch a game and have a few drinks they will spend more or less the same but the free entry gets more people in.

But it’s not cheapening the brand, it’s a celebration of what has been a very stressful season. The season ticket holders will get no benefit but will go anyway. There’ll be very few supporters from London travelling so it’s a way of introducing potential new supporters to rugby league as well as boosting the crowd for the last game. There’ll be a carnival atmosphere and no doubt the Cru faithful will turn up in fancy dress and attempt to drink the bar dry.

To be fair, the club is thinking outside the box, in fact we have moved about 40 miles outside the box and our crowds have doubled.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

1 hour ago, Mr Frisky said:

You would hope most people will see the bigger picture and spend money on drink, food and some merchandise etc.

I also hope there are some boxes where people can throw some money in that also goes towards the cost of staging a game.

In other words if a normal fan expects to spend say £25 to £35 to go and pay to watch a game and have a few drinks they will spend more or less the same but the free entry gets more people in.

And they may go again next season if it’s a good laugh. 

Richard Greenwood is the President of NWC  I played with him at Waterloo back in the 1960's He was an outstanding forward union international for England. His son also played for England in the centres. Great to see him getting involved with Crusaders.

E85y0FIXIAADQdq.jpg.25907f2a8f56875596551f7011391229.jpg

"It involves matters much greater than drafting the new rules...the original and existing games have their own powerful appeal to their players and public and have the sentiments which history inspires"  - Harold 'Jersey' Flegg 1933

"Just as we had been Cathars, we were treizistes, men apart."  - Jean Roque, Calendrier-revue du Racing-Club Albigeois, 1958-1959

Si tu( Remi Casty) devais envoyer un fax au Président Guasch? " Un grand bravo pour ce que vous avez fait,et merci de m 'avoir embarqué dans cette aventure"

gallery_02-am31503_5b827265940b7_.jpg

On 03/09/2021 at 20:37, Chris Taylor said:

You do raise a very valid point. And if I am honest I am not sure that free entry to one game,great gesture which it is and yes I commend NW Crusaders for their wonderful gesture gets many new fans. And of course one of the reasons is that they have to pay in future. And yes it does in many ways lower the bar and people expect cheap tickets long term which is simply not sustainable. And sadly as a country consumers seem to want cheap,cheap,cheap everything.

I am pretty much with you on what you say.

7 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

I dont mind a few games a season that are set up this way.  If smaller clubs  (and I know some dont) get to make money on the bar then getting a new audience as a taster is no bad thing.  

There is so much competition for entertainment now you really do have to get people to know you exist first. 

Yes it's called match awareness and i really don't understand why so few clubs do it.

Though social media and other outlets let people when your next home game is and where your ground is

Who you are playing and the Kick Off time and admission charges

Don't expect instant larger crwods for starters, but crowds will build over a period of time with some success on the pitch

On 03/09/2021 at 21:46, GUBRATS said:

Always said if I was a club CEO I'd want one game a season where I could let in everyone for free , budget for one less game 

Then try to fill the stadium 

yep, although if the focus is on attracting new fans I'd do it with one of the early games of the season,

Although in this case it does say its a a thank you to existing fans rather then a focus on new fans.

Archived