Widnes

jroyales

12 minutes ago, Happyed said:

Season over and time for a clear out 

...of the current owner.

With every passing year there are less supporters and the club becomes increasingly unattractive to any potential investor. Maybe it's already too late for that.

Oldham has been heading to the abyss for years and people keep incorrectly thinking CH has been the saviour when in reality he has been driving the bus to the cliff edge.

17 minutes ago, OLD YED said:

Club needs investment.

From where who knows. 

Sad thing is I've given up ,that hurts.

the sad thing old yed a lot of fans have given up on the club,and now its in a total mess and is not fit .for purpose.

as for investment not a cat in hells chance, if ch forms a team next season it will be just above amature  level. 

ch will still try is best because he needs an income.

40 minutes ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

What’s the position with players? I’d assume anyone not under contract who has any ability will prefer to leave. Unless something amazing happens next year could be even more depressing than this one. Professional sport in Oldham is a car crash.

Agreed, the club is in a shocking position now. With the situation at Latics and the on the pitch demo yesterday. Professional sport in Oldham seems to be on its way out. As you said unless something miraculous happens it's curtains I would've thought for Oldham Roughyeds. Mike Ford, you have a chance right here. 

I can remember late 80s/early 90s when Oldham were still pretty big and took a good decent crowd to grounds like Leigh and Swinton,I think I remember my team Swinton beating Oldham when you were top or one of the top two teams ahead of us.Was one very happy Lion that day.

What has happened to Oldham over the last 20 or so years is a very sad decline.I fully understand the fears of your fans and agree with the comments of many here about the structure for want of a better word at Oldham.

As an outsider looking in I would suggest that the Yeds need new ownership and direction if there is to be a future.I think the current owner and I assume he is the only director and shareholder to be diplomatic cannot really take you forward.One could say he has gone as far as he can to be nice to him.

I hope that something does happen as to my knowledge Oldham is still in many ways a rugby league town and a big town at that too.

23 minutes ago, Robthegasman said:

I can remember late 80s/early 90s when Oldham were still pretty big and took a good decent crowd to grounds like Leigh and Swinton,I think I remember my team Swinton beating Oldham when you were top or one of the top two teams ahead of us.Was one very happy Lion that day.

What has happened to Oldham over the last 20 or so years is a very sad decline.I fully understand the fears of your fans and agree with the comments of many here about the structure for want of a better word at Oldham.

As an outsider looking in I would suggest that the Yeds need new ownership and direction if there is to be a future.I think the current owner and I assume he is the only director and shareholder to be diplomatic cannot really take you forward.One could say he has gone as far as he can to be nice to him.

I hope that something does happen as to my knowledge Oldham is still in many ways a rugby league town and a big town at that too.

I'm old enough to remember when we were a fairly bid club,at Watersheddings. We lost that, I think that then we lost the club. It was revived but its not the same. Crowds used to be thousands now hundreds. Oldham is a rugby league town, we have a fair few amateur clubs in Oldham. It's the professional game that's gone down hill. The club has also lost touch with its fans which is never a good thing. Tbh I don't know how Hamiltons kept it going this long. 

Archived