Dallimore

Bring back GB

22 hours ago, tec said:

Won't be missed his discipline is appalling.

His lack of discipline really hurts his game but to be fair the lad cops a shedload of rough treatmentĀ as he gets targeted weekly, We need him on the pitch & not in the sheds looking on.

1 minute ago, mickmike wilson said:

His lack of discipline really hurts his gameĀ 

No his lack of discipline hurts the team, this might be controversial but I think it's time for him to move on, our young halves get better by the week and are proud to wear the shirt, DallyĀ has shown this season a little indifference.

Gary Wheeler, the unluckiest bloke in rugby perhaps needs to call it a day before he suffers even more injuries.

Now thenĀ today, I don't have a finger nail left but in the end I believe we deserve to get promoted, well done to the players who have had to do it tough in recent weeks and well done to the BOD and all of the volunteers for the off the field work, they have played an integral part in this years success.Ā Let's finish it off next week with a great performance in front of the biggest crowd of the season, the Raiders deserve our support and we, the fans, deserve to enjoy the moment.

1 hour ago, SJD said:

No his lack of discipline hurts the team, this might be controversial but I think it's time for him to move on, our young halves get better by the week and are proud to wear the shirt, DallyĀ has shown this season a little indifference.

Gary Wheeler, the unluckiest bloke in rugby perhaps needs to call it a day before he suffers even more injuries.

Now thenĀ today, I don't have a finger nail left but in the end I believe we deserve to get promoted, well done to the players who have had to do it tough in recent weeks and well done to the BOD and all of the volunteers for the off the field work, they have played an integral part in this years success.Ā Let's finish it off next week with a great performance in front of the biggest crowd of the season, the Raiders deserve our support and we, the fans, deserve to enjoy the moment.

AgreeĀ with that SJD.Ā 

1 hour ago, SJD said:

Completely disagree with this.Ā 

Hes easily our best half, although I think Carter will become a better player within 18 months.Ā 

His discipline is a massive let down, but we are a much worse team when he doesn't play. His defence is massively underrated, he rarely gets busted in tackles.Ā 

Ā 

54 minutes ago, RSN said:

Hes easily our best half, although I think Carter will become a better player within 18 months.Ā 

His discipline is a massive let down, but we are a much worse team when he doesn't play. His defence is massively underrated, he rarely gets busted in tackles.Ā 

Ā 

Is he our best half back, probably but was he any good today and how good will he be next week.Ā  Only a few weeks ago we dropped to 2nd, Town were grinding out wins and deservedly went to the top, we needed our best players on the park, every game mattered but despite this he couldn't show any self-discipline and yet again found himself before the beak. Some argue he gets targeted week on week, but why, it's simply because opponents knowĀ he can't help himself and will react in a negative way, the consequences of his reaction puts increasing pressure on those lads left on the Island.

No matter how good a player he is he's useless to the team while he is sitting in the stand, if we keep him because of his goalkicking then take a look at what happened this afternoon, Ryan Shaw is not just one of the best kickers in League 1 he is arguably one of the best kickers in the game, and he's a local lad. I'm sticking with my opinion, I believe it's time for DallyĀ to go and let's find another half who respects the club and wants to play for us, I feel sure there are a fair number of players who would love to come here we are a club on the up.Ā 

19 minutes ago, SJD said:

Is he our best half back, probably but was he any good today and how good will he be next week.Ā  Only a few weeks ago we dropped to 2nd, Town were grinding out wins and deservedly went to the top, we needed our best players on the park, every game mattered but despite this he couldn't show any self-discipline and yet again found himself before the beak. Some argue he gets targeted week on week, but why, it's simply because opponents knowĀ he can't help himself and will react in a negative way, the consequences of his reaction puts increasing pressure on those lads left on the Island.

No matter how good a player he is he's useless to the team while he is sitting in the stand, if we keep him because of his goalkicking then take a look at what happened this afternoon, Ryan Shaw is not just one of the best kickers in League 1 he is arguably one of the best kickers in the game, and he's a local lad. I'm sticking with my opinion, I believe it's time for DallyĀ to go and let's find another half who respects the club and wants to play for us, I feel sure there are a fair number of players who would love to come here we are a club on the up.Ā 

If you cut Dally in half you will see barrow running throughĀ him . You can have your opinion on his discipline record but please donā€™t challenge his commitment to Barrow. And you will need to recruit well in that position because your current 1,6,7 without Dally are still learning and the championship is another step upĀ 

1 hour ago, RSN said:

Ā 

Ā 

Agree with you RSN. He puts in massive defensive efforts whenever he plays ( I get the irony in that statement) despite gettingĀ  flattenedĀ late more often than not everytime he puts a kick in. Defensively he is without doubt the best of our 3 halves atm and attacking wise he has that off the cuff ability to produce the occasional bit of individual magic when we need it. His goal kicking is absolutely first rate too and havingĀ  two kickers of his and Ryan Shaw's caliber is a massive bonus to the team. I also agree with SJD, however, that his lack of discipline this season particularly has got to be a real concern going forward. Incredible effort today all the lads just got to go to the well one more time and promotion is ours

1 hour ago, RSN said:

Ā 

Donā€™t usually comment on here but Iā€™m still buzzingĀ fromĀ watching todayā€™s game,Ā not getting into debate over whoā€™s the best,Ā but young Jake carterĀ was outstanding, heā€™s been good in most games but today more than ever had to stand up and takeĀ control, especially when Jono left the field injuredĀ 

Why not have the best of both worlds but inform Dally that his ill discipline must improve & enter a personal agreement Re discipline = fines etcĀ 

our young halves are surely learning & improving alongsideĀ Ā Dally & will continue to do so & rotation will be a great way for the younger lads to bed into the championship & if Dally simply canā€™t control his hair trigger then these lads will get more game time as a direct consequence, Replacing him wonā€™t be cheap & however comes in wonā€™t be as hallways passionate for the club, Sometimes itā€™s better the devil you know, Just my opinion.

Ā 

Ā 

37 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

Why not have the best of both worlds but inform Dally that his ill discipline must improve & enter a personal agreement Re discipline = fines etcĀ 

our young halves are surely learning & improving alongsideĀ Ā Dally & will continue to do so & rotation will be a great way for the younger lads to bed into the championship & if Dally simply canā€™t control his hair trigger then these lads will get more game time as a direct consequence, Replacing him wonā€™t be cheap & however comes in wonā€™t be as hallways passionate for the club, Sometimes itā€™s better the devil you know, Just my opinion.

Ā 

Ā 

I could live with that but could Dally, we are moving in to a higher league and as a result will need a fair amount of recruitment and with that a substantial rise in wages etc, I feel sure our new BOD have built this in to their future plans, they've managed the club well already but there may well be the need for a few unpalliative decisions, sadly some of our squad won't make the cut.Ā 

18 hours ago, wonderofwood said:

If you cut Dally in half you will see barrow running throughĀ him . You can have your opinion on his discipline record but please donā€™t challenge his commitment to Barrow. And you will need to recruit well in that position because your current 1,6,7 without Dally are still learning and the championship is another step upĀ 

You can see Dally's passion on the park and that's what sometimes boils over but his commitment to the club is 2nd to none

Lee Morton

Ā 

Raiders have risen from the ashes

I think Ryan and Jake are both stars in the making ,particularly Jake who is going to be pure class.Ā Assuming we do make it into the championship we are going to need at least one if not two experienced battle hardened playmakers imo who are used to controlling games in the higher leagues to allow Ryan and Jake to keep developing their skills gradually without the physical and mental pressures of being thrust into the cauldron of championship rugby week in week out. If Dally is going to be one of them then what about Hakim moving into the halves. I'm sure I've readĀ he has played there before and he seems to haveĀ the creative ball handling and elusive running game that can unlock a defence. Just a thought

1 hour ago, Raiderfan67 said:

I think Ryan and Jake are both stars in the making ,particularly Jake who is going to be pure class.Ā Assuming we do make it into the championship we are going to need at least one if not two experienced battle hardened playmakers imo who are used to controlling games in the higher leagues to allow Ryan and Jake to keep developing their skills gradually without the physical and mental pressures of being thrust into the cauldron of championship rugby week in week out. If Dally is going to be one of them then what about Hakim moving into the halves. I'm sure I've readĀ he has played there before and he seems to haveĀ the creative ball handling and elusive running game that can unlock a defence. Just a thought

Or Tee Ritson !

I would play Shaw at stand off or full back,wasted on the wing,in my view suited to those positionsĀ  wing and center at super League level he played but would score more trys at full back or stand off , well done Barrow for getting the job done v Rochdale šŸ‘

Archived