Rochdale v Barrow

IanMac

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, townie88 said:

Hunslet sticking 82 points on west wales as well. Recent weeks have shown how desperate all teams are to get out of league 1, and showcased what a good league it can be!

Unlucky Rochdale. 

As a Barrow fan absolutely elated, however it would be even better if we had all 3 Cumbrian teams in the Championship. Praying for Town to go up as well, assuming we beat WWR next week 😉

6 minutes ago, IanMac said:

So does finishing 2nd mean we play the winners of 3rd v 4th and a win will see us into the play off final with games all at home? 

Week off , winner of 3/4 , week off if win , winner off the other semi if lose . Home games due to league placing 

48 minutes ago, tec said:

Dry your undies out lads you nearly did it 👍

We"ev done well with a young squad who'ev played Two games less than a squad that was mainly a retained squad that was relegated from the championship and must have cost a fair bit more to put together than ours so yes we can hold our heads up.  Its a shame barrow couldn't make the derwent Park fixture eh.

45 minutes ago, silverfox said:

Looking at the  table them two matches we played less than Barrow have cost us . 

Have you ever thought you mgt not of won them games you may have been down the table some more. Dust your selfie’s down and get on and get promoted and let’s have all the Cumbrian sides in the championship. Before they cast league 1 clubs adrift 

46 minutes ago, town4me said:

We"ev done well with a young squad who'ev played Two games less than a squad that was mainly a retained squad that was relegated from the championship and must have cost a fair bit more to put together than ours so yes we can hold our heads up.  Its a shame barrow couldn't make the derwent Park fixture eh.

You have well done well. Shame Town missed 3 games eh !

1 minute ago, DavidM said:

I remember him coming here for someone , he was throwing them over from everywhere 

Great kicker,I would have him in front of Dallimore if I’m honest.

I guess you get what you pay for,he held his nerve and produced the goods.

Good for him and Barrow.

Good luck in the playoffs lads if that is what it comes to,still gutted we didn’t get to play at your spot👍🏻

43 minutes ago, havenhater said:

If we were to lose in the semi finals and have to get a second chance, that would then mean we would have to travel to the Victor of the first semi final wouldn't it?

No, it says on the rfl site that all games to be played at the highest ranked team in the finishing table, so we’d be at home.

16 hours ago, Unicorn 106 said:

Shocked Crusaders lost to the Cougars today, after seeing them last week I wouldn't want to meet them again but maybe they aren't all that after all. Hope so. 😱😎

Had a couple of players out injured and their loan players from Bradford were recalled so a bit of a weaker team than the one we played.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

1 hour ago, Derwent said:

Had a couple of players out injured and their loan players from Bradford were recalled so a bit of a weaker team than the one we played.

Just goes to show how bad the Dual Reg system is. If a player is on loan he should not be able to be recalled during that spell.

All teams including Champ and L1 should have their own "A" teams.

Any team with say 5 saints players [to use as an example] can really improve a L1 team to an high level and win a game against a rival team then the following match the same team without those saints players can be back to normal and lose to another rival team causing an unfair lop sided league table.

Bring back the "A" teams.

17 minutes ago, mickmike wilson said:

Most at this level simply can’t afford an A team. Better to use dual, But as you say the loan period is locked in ie a month or 3 but what ever is agreed stays without any recall.

Loans used to be for a minimum of 28 days and the loaning club couldn't recall the player in that period but they changed it to 7 days due to COVID on the basis that clubs might loan out players then find themselves short of numbers if they had a few COVID cases.

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

57 minutes ago, Derwent said:

Loans used to be for a minimum of 28 days and the loaning club couldn't recall the player in that period but they changed it to 7 days due to COVID on the basis that clubs might loan out players then find themselves short of numbers if they had a few COVID cases.

It seems Bulls decided they had no chance of winning the game v Toulouse so recalled the loan players to play with other reserves/second string players to rest the first choice lot. 

Archived