Things I’d like to see..

Happyed

With my strategic marketing head on, the number one priority bar none is a home in Oldham. A place to call home. A place where we feel at home. A place where we can mix and mingle with like minded people. A place where we can tell tales of long ago battles won and lost. A place where a new generation can learn of these past glories and rejoice at the names of Ferguson, Jackson,  flanagan, Ashton, Foy, Kirwan et-al. A place where we can hear tales of demons such as John Holdsworth. A place where we can drink from the skulls of our enemies. Whoops sorry, that's the Alda DNA coming out. Anyway we need a patch of our own in Oldham. 

with the changes that are about to happen, and with no chance of oldham ever having a home ground of their own in oldham.

i never thought i would ever think  this in a million years

and being a ex business man the best answer would be a  combined rochdale and oldham team playing at spotland.

sad to say this but i believe it is the only answer to keep the oldham name alive.

3 hours ago, tandle said:

with the changes that are about to happen, and with no chance of oldham ever having a home ground of their own in oldham.

and being a ex business man the best answer would be a  combined rochdale and oldham team playing at spotland.

sad to say this but i believe it is the only answer to keep the oldham name alive.

It's a really sad, worrying situation for a lot of clubs at the moment. I don't know whether I could stomach an Oldham team together with Rochdale. Them being one of our most bitter rivals and all. That's a very difficult conundrum indeed. I don't know what the remaining fans will think about it. Wow I think that'd be my worst nightmare unfortunately. 

21 hours ago, FailsworthYed said:

I'm struggling to find much to be positive about at the moment..however I'm hoping we can find a home in Oldham and build a team around good local lads. 

I can't see many of the current squad staying to be honest. 

why would they not stay / Vast majority not good enough for Champ.

May as well get some winning pay - hopefully.

For me, merging means one goes under. I didn’t choose to be a lifelong Roughyeds supporter because I weighed up all the options and chose the best option. They’re my team because I was born there and wherever I end up Watersheddings is my spiritual home and Oldham Rugby is in my genes. I remember previous pre SL merger suggestions- the best banner was Fev is Fev, Cas is Cas, stick your merger up your —-. It’s Oldham, hopefully in Oldham, or no one, for me.

2 hours ago, shrewsbury roughyed said:

For me, merging means one goes under. I didn’t choose to be a lifelong Roughyeds supporter because I weighed up all the options and chose the best option. They’re my team because I was born there and wherever I end up Watersheddings is my spiritual home and Oldham Rugby is in my genes. I remember previous pre SL merger suggestions- the best banner was Fev is Fev, Cas is Cas, stick your merger up your —-. It’s Oldham, hopefully in Oldham, or no one, for me.

One of the best posts I've read. Agreed 1000000000%. 

23 hours ago, tandle said:

With no ground and no money to contribute, in your scenario Oldham would effectively be consumed by Hornets as we have nothing to contribute as the best players would leave. Hornets have a ground to play at and a board with some financial resources.  Roughyeds would no longer exist. Never for me. Would sooner pack it up.

COME ON OLDHAM!!!! COME ON OLDHAM!!!!!

2 hours ago, fiftiesremembered said:

why would they not stay / Vast majority not good enough for Champ.

May as well get some winning pay - hopefully.

Don't get me wrong I'd like to keep most of the squad together, I just don't know how we'll pay them if the cut to funding is to be believed. Happy if I'm wrong though

This club if it is to survive at all. Needs a home, in Oldham, doesn't need to be big but needs a little stand to meet championship requirements so no fannying about when they get promoted. And give the kids in the schools free tickets like latics did when I was at school. Get them used to watching live rugby league with their dads, brothers, uncles, mates. Thousands of kids in Oldham like and follow rugby. For gods sake give them a team and a sense of pride in a team they can call their own.

20 hours ago, Hollinwood said:

This club if it is to survive at all. Needs a home, in Oldham, doesn't need to be big but needs a little stand to meet championship requirements so no fannying about when they get promoted. And give the kids in the schools free tickets like latics did when I was at school. Get them used to watching live rugby league with their dads, brothers, uncles, mates. Thousands of kids in Oldham like and follow rugby. For gods sake give them a team and a sense of pride in a team they can call their own.

The Club had a chance to engage with the kids from Limehurst Lions. 

Archived