Team for League 1

wayne_r

It might be more who do we want to retain after this season. 

I would keep the nucleus off 

butty 

roberts

cox 

lepori 

Waterworth 

lloyd 

hatton 

nash 

Brickhill

gregson 

brogan 

hope 

would sign Micheal if he was going as well but I reckon as you say we may lose a couple 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

Sorry this is my personal choice, think Hanson has been with a number of years now and had the one good season alongside Fairclough, really don’t think our half backs have clicked this year so would be looking for new ones 

"When you participate in sporting events, it's not whether you win or lose; it's how drunk you get." -Homer Simpson

mark.gif

"I couldn't be more chuffed if I were a badger at the start of the mating season" Ian Holloway

I agree on the half back situation this season - but I put that down to the fact that ball distribution has been really slow and hence its difficult to create openings - I do think Hansen will go to another Championship club and I also think there will be a queue of clubs looking to sign him 😞 

I think Ridyard and Hansen combination worked really well for the first few games - then I think opposition wised up and closed our play down. Of course without Hatten for most of the season meant our pack rarely dominated and therefore didn't create a platform for the half backs..............

Anyway, next season is new challenge 🙂

• 4 weeks later...

I was looking at the official website and thought it was strange there was no acknowledgement that we had been relegated. 

It's a very bland site....good news only allowed plus match reports.

I assume or hope the club has been planning for league 1 so it would be good to hear frim them. Apologies if they have said something 

Relegation at some point was going to happen - we couldn't defy gravity for ever. C'est la vie.

Archived