1 Game To Go & Play-Offs

TOWN TILL I DIE

34 minutes ago, Derwent said:

It’s genuine. Barrow have won the league regardless so they’ll be wanting the game on  as they’ll be expecting a big crowd to see them lift the trophy.

It does raise the question of how they can line 13 lads up to step in now the keagues won. But couldn't when they were due to play town? 

Congratulations on the league win. But stinks of desperation to get some money in over the bar 

• Replies 52
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, dkw said:

So barrow have put on their Facebook page that West Wales are struggling for a team, but barrow have 13 amateur players ready to step in for the game if needs be. I can't tell if it's a wind up or not.

If WW can't raise a team then the fixture shouldn't go ahead. 

It's a shambles for any semi pro team having to field amateurs to make a team, let alone be players from your opponents. Let's just hope none of the players get injured and someone has to take responsibility for the insurance/pay outs etc, if its Barrow who have to do that it might not be worth having the game on!!

1 hour ago, dkw said:

So barrow have put on their Facebook page that West Wales are struggling for a team, but barrow have 13 amateur players ready to step in for the game if needs be. I can't tell if it's a wind up or not.

For the sake of the game of rugby league I really hope it’s a wind up. It doesn’t make a difference to the outcome of the title but it sure as hell belittles the game. If West Wales can’t raise a team the game doesn’t go ahead, simple. 

The game is on and the 13 on standby are probably a precautionary, I doudt they will all be expected to play, a club can sign amatuers dual reg can't they? I suspect they will be struggling like last week with only 14 in their squad so possibly only 13 or so available? The Our league App, the RFL and Ralf Rimmer are due to be at the game with the Trophy so it's my guess is they too will have been heavily involved in getting help for WWR and have sanctioned whatever agreement or solution that all 3 parties have found. Sad state of affairs for a semi pro sporting event but it is what it is and Barrow will probably have a packed house anticipating a big celebratory party. It has been a strange 2 yrs that is for sure. 

Amendment, 

WWR have announced on Twitter that they are travelling up with a 15 man aquad, so only 2 short. 

Just catching up and can't believe what I'm reading. I fully understand Barrow wanting a victory celebration etc, but I find it difficult to believe the 13 amateurs is a serious proposition.  There should never have been a game cancelled because of Covid including the Barrow game up here if they had access to 13 players. I really hope it was a joke knowing Wales had enough players.

The race is not always to the swift nor the battle to the strong, but thats the way to bet!

It was never suggested that West Wales play 13 amateur players 😂. 13 players put their names forward to make up the numbers for West Wales who can't get a full team. Think there's 4 lads playing (could be wrong) and they'll all be keen to put in a good performance and make the most of a decent opportunity. 

Tom Heighton

1 hour ago, Raider94 said:

It was never suggested that West Wales play 13 amateur players 😂. 13 players put their names forward to make up the numbers for West Wales who can't get a full team. Think there's 4 lads playing (could be wrong) and they'll all be keen to put in a good performance and make the most of a decent opportunity. 

Oh, then that’s alright then. Obviously, Barrow wouldn’t break the rules. Again.

Nobody wants to spoil Barrows day, but it is just a shame they didn’t put this much effort in when they called the game off at Town with only a couple of days notice.

I like Barrow and enjoy going to Craven Park (or whatever it is called now), but this is all a bit shady.

Is it a coincidence that Mr Rimmer is from Barrow area, no doubt he will be at the game.

1 minute ago, bobg said:

Nobody wants to spoil Barrows day, but it is just a shame they didn’t put this much effort in when they called the game off at Town with only a couple of days notice.

I like Barrow and enjoy going to Craven Park (or whatever it is called now), but this is all a bit shady.

What can they do ? Barrow will still win the league if they didn’t play .. Is it really their fault another team can’t raise a team .. and as for covid , then there are plenty of teams who have had to cancel games due to the virus , which granted is a real shame but not something teams can control ..it matters not really because they where nailed on to win the league even if Wales had put their strongest team out . 

1 hour ago, bobg said:

Is it a coincidence that Mr Rimmer is from Barrow area, no doubt he will be at the game.

All the best to Barrow, fully deserve the prize ( should they win).

Its  just a shame Mr Rimmer and co didnt show as much sympathy for town when we were down to 12 players for a play off game that the RL additionally introduced not that very long ago!

Barrow should have walked this league with the squad they have. It's no suprise them winning the league. Maybe the donny and crusaders home games are where it slipped away from our developing squad. Not a bad effort from us when you compare the two squads. Just a shame these lads weren't available to top the Barrow squad up for the DP fixture.

Just now, tec said:

The best team will always win the league. Love reading the bitter quotes it has made Barrows triumph even better- keep sucking the lemons 😂

How were you feeling a minute from full time last week chief ? 

None of this even matters though does it, win the league, win the playoffs, win nothing. Its all the same when the greedy morons at the top of the game make changes next season to suit the top clubs incomes, killing off teams they have no regards for. There's a very real chance this is the last season I watch pro/semi pro Rugby League.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

None of this even matters though does it, win the league, win the playoffs, win nothing. Its all the same when the greedy morons at the top of the game make changes next season to suit the top clubs incomes, killing off teams they have no regards for. There's a very real chance this is the last season I watch pro/semi pro Rugby League.

Personally think it’s clubs like town and barrow and other clubs to make a stand and tell super league they don’t own rugby league we do. And if that means us separating from them so be it. Super league has controlled the game for to long enough is enough. And I do hope town get up before the draw bridge is lifted. 

Just now, dkw said:

Sadly I think your right but hope we are both wrong. Let’s face it both clubs need to be in the championship next season hope you get there in the play offs.

7 minutes ago, tec said:

Sadly I think your right but hope we are both wrong. Let’s face it both clubs need to be in the championship next season hope you get there in the play offs.

I hope I'm wrong, I really do. But i don't think being in the Championship will stand for anything, decisions on who does and doesn't survive this glorious future of RL will not be decided on league positions but on what the club brings financially to a small cabal making these decisions for their own purposes. Its a disgusting situation being manipulated by disgusting self serving individuals. 

1 hour ago, tec said:

Is there any point in being in the Championship on the proposed funding ? The 2 clubs going up are going to get £40k each. That’s half of what they get now in L1. How are they going to put a competitive squad together on that sort of funding ? 

I’m not prejudiced, I hate everybody equally

Archived