Match Thread: Championship Round 21, London Broncos v Featherstone Rovers Sunday-12th-September-2021

marklaspalmas

Jones with a hat trick. must be man of the match/ It seems from the final score 48-28 that our defence went to sleep. We must tighten that up for the knock outs.

1 hour ago, POR said:

your both correct but you are missng the point webbo says fergie not being considered cos missing two game and  not playing for four weeks but ferres has now missed one but will be considered  and if someone misses next week that will be three weeks without a game but that won't count seems to me webbo cutting his nose off to spite his face

At the end of the day Webster will succeed or fail on his decisions. I do like Fergie, especially as a potential game breaker, but the decision rests with the coach. 

5 minutes ago, Monkeymagic22 said:

At the end of the day Webster will succeed or fail on his decisions. I do like Fergie, especially as a potential game breaker, but the decision rests with the coach. 

That's all true a coach lives by the sword and dies by the sword but the reasoning that missing four weeks is a hindrance after we all saw  how well he played after being out for months I think is flawed and i hope it doesn't come back to bite him on the 

Result was never in the slightest doubt after we went 12-0 up in the first five minutes with two really good tries, Connor Jones' 1st try was a belter after a good passing movement and then a kick through from Hall.

We took Nu off after 20 minutes to give Holmes a run-out and Nu didn't return (not injured), Moors went off not long after and was changed and sitting on the bench for the whole of the second half holding ice to his shoulder or upper chest, hopefully it's not anything too bad.

We also had Locky and Koppy on the bench for the first 20 minutes of the second half and they came back into the game a bit. We conceded 6 tries and all 6 again came down that left-hand-side area of our defence which has been a real problem for us. I think four or maybe five of them came from kicks (the other came when we dropped the ball and Boafo, who scored four tries, picked up and raced in from 40 yards) and although they didn't really threaten us much with ball in hand that has to be a bit of a concern.

We gave away a lot of penalties and 6 agains in the first half though I'd have to see the replay to see if they were all merited. In the second half we seemed to be trying a bit too hard to score on every play when we were in good ball.

Dismal crowd, I'd say less than 300 and despite it being a dead rubber from our point of view at least 100 of them were from Fev I reckon.

Maybe your reply should be quite LEFT.  Let's not forget we were playing away after a long journey and that London were top six contenders. Ok we made mistakes but still were big winners. Some things to remedy but a LOT right. In fact quite RIGHT.

2 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Quite right. I obviously got dizzy watching us keep conceding down that left hand side!

It's no joke our left side defence has been exploited by opposition in the last few matches.A good second row or loose forward should be aware of which side the ball is going and add secondary cover to help the centres.Is it my imagination or has it been worse since Walker started playing  full back.Does he stay deep and cover the left edge to help out.I would put Hall back to full back next week and if Blackmore needs another week give Doyle a game on the wing.At  Wembley our left edge defence was sound because we had J.D in the centre and the damage was done more on the right.Why didn't Parata get a game today is it because he is leaving and Webster won't pick him because of that.Today's pitch would have suited him down to the ground.

2 minutes ago, J Phil Loxton said:

And there again I think our opposition week in week out should be more worried than us. Conceding 40 50 and 60s most times reflects on what a good side we have. I'll take 48-28 every week because it will mean that we will have achieved our goal.😉

At the moment we are second in a two horse race we need to find a way of winning.I think if we get to the final with Toulouse we are capable of winning but we will have to defend better on the edges.And cut the supply  off by putting them off their passing game.Webster has had weeks to sort our left side out and so far has not found a solution.

16 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Moors went off not long after and was changed and sitting on the bench for the whole of the second half holding ice to his shoulder or upper chest

Webster has said that Moors will have to have his pec scanned this week, "I'm praying that it's not bad, but if it's what we think it is it's not great news."

On 12/09/2021 at 18:44, The Phantom Horseman said:

Result was never in the slightest doubt after we went 12-0 up in the first five minutes with two really good tries, Connor Jones' 1st try was a belter after a good passing movement and then a kick through from Hall.

We took Nu off after 20 minutes to give Holmes a run-out and Nu didn't return (not injured), Moors went off not long after and was changed and sitting on the bench for the whole of the second half holding ice to his shoulder or upper chest, hopefully it's not anything too bad.

We also had Locky and Koppy on the bench for the first 20 minutes of the second half and they came back into the game a bit. We conceded 6 tries and all 6 again came down that left-hand-side area of our defence which has been a real problem for us. I think four or maybe five of them came from kicks (the other came when we dropped the ball and Boafo, who scored four tries, picked up and raced in from 40 yards) and although they didn't really threaten us much with ball in hand that has to be a bit of a concern.

We gave away a lot of penalties and 6 agains in the first half though I'd have to see the replay to see if they were all merited. In the second half we seemed to be trying a bit too hard to score on every play when we were in good ball.

Dismal crowd, I'd say less than 300 and despite it being a dead rubber from our point of view at least 100 of them were from Fev I reckon.

It's strange how we are so dominant and give away 6 agains 🤔

11 hours ago, lingaro said:

Did Tolouse pick any injuries up this week? 

It has clearly been an advantage for them to play fewer games than us this season in terms of injuries and suspensions, just as it's been a disadvantage for them not to be able to play a single game at home. Neither issue are their fault and quite a few of their games haven't even been shown on OurLeague, so it must have been an immensely frustrating season for Toulouse fans.

Our chairman has said that he thinks they are "well beatable", I definitely think we have a shot of beating them if we reach the final, even though they will rightly start favourites. Whoever wins that game gets promoted and that should be the end of it in my view.

49 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

It has clearly been an advantage for them to play fewer games than us this season in terms of injuries and suspensions, just as it's been a disadvantage for them not to be able to play a single game at home. Neither issue are their fault and quite a few of their games haven't even been shown on OurLeague, so it must have been an immensely frustrating season for Toulouse fans.

Our chairman has said that he thinks they are "well beatable", I definitely think we have a shot of beating them if we reach the final, even though they will rightly start favourites. Whoever wins that game gets promoted and that should be the end of it in my view.

I tend to agree, but think it's a little unfair that suddenly teams are able to travel and travel play in France, now it's the playoffs. Personally I'd also have the final at a neutral venue, although the teams presumably signed up to the current format before the season started.

Archived