Newcastle Thunder

Dave Naylor

Well here we are the last home game of the season against another team of full time professionals.

It's a shame the same numbers won't be there who were there when we beat them to go up. Nevertheless, I 'll be there which could turn out to be rather emotional considering what might happen to our great club.

No matter what happens the memories and friendships made will never disappear.

All the best to the great roughyed supporters.

Think unfortunately there's a lot more players being fare-welled than just Owen today.  Just about every player I've been told is looking at the option of staying in the Championship because the money in League One next year is essentially nothing.  Hopefully we can keep the Oldham lads and the long serving players to lead the squad next year but there is a lot leaving.

43 minutes ago, m brooksy said:

Think unfortunately there's a lot more players being fare-welled than just Owen today.  Just about every player I've been told is looking at the option of staying in the Championship because the money in League One next year is essentially nothing.  Hopefully we can keep the Oldham lads and the long serving players to lead the squad next year but there is a lot leaving.

I expect you’re  right.

simple fact however is that they came up short this season in the champ. Maybe a few will find clubs but many won’t. We need to build with a committed group but that’s easier said than done with the new league funding.  

The sooner this year is over the better. I hate losing. I would prefer us to play really badly and win than this. 

The sad fact is the team isn't good enough for championship and with players leaving. The radio said its at least 5 at this point the rebuilding needs to be done swift and get them focused on the 2022 season.

58 minutes ago, clifford said:

The sooner this year is over the better. I hate losing. I would prefer us to play really badly and win than this. 

The sad fact is the team isn't good enough for championship and with players leaving. The radio said its at least 5 at this point the rebuilding needs to be done swift and get them focused on the 2022 season.

rebuild clifford what with, what can you build for £20.000 if the yorkshire life paper is right.

firstly where will we play if we can find a ground to rent then the kit  then players insurances then  coaches wages.

not much left to form a squad of around 24 players cant be done at oldham rlfc in its present state. 

Started well first 15 mins we were well on top and should have scored at least one more. Felt like the last 20 of the first half they got on top and just had the slight advantage. First 15 of the second half we were dreadful and conceded 4 tries in 13 mins. Did well last 20 in attack and really threw the ball around and looked very dangerous.

Dupree was sensational again and scored a fabulous try straight from the kick off. He'll be playing Super League in the next 2 years. Bridge was excellent first at Prop and then out wide in the second half. Young Jinks looked very promising at Loose and put in some huge shots in defence.

3 hours ago, Dave Naylor said:

How did Charnock manage to score a try in the first minute?  He's shown as one of the interchanges?

The lineup named was completely wrong. Lineup was  Brierley,Abram,Ince,Roberts,Holcroft,Charnock,Spence,Dupree,Owen,Bridge,Langtree,Bent,Jinks subs:Reilly, Nelmes, Kirk, Gregory

1 hour ago, m brooksy said:

The lineup named was completely wrong. Lineup was  Brierley,Abram,Ince,Roberts,Holcroft,Charnock,Spence,Dupree,Owen,Bridge,Langtree,Bent,Jinks subs:Reilly, Nelmes, Kirk, Gregory

I think the Twitter guys pushed the wrong graphic by mistake.  TBH the graphic (not produced by them) is a bit rubbish anyway.  Too small to read on mobile, bizarre black and white headshots produced from poorly cut out images and unnecessarily animated.

We can and should do better.

2 hours ago, tandle said:

rebuild clifford what with, what can you build for £20.000 if the yorkshire life paper is right.

firstly where will we play if we can find a ground to rent then the kit  then players insurances then  coaches wages.

not much left to form a squad of around 24 players cant be done at oldham rlfc in its present state. 

If ch can't or won't spend then what's the point. Losing each week isn't fun it's turning people away therefore revenue is going down week on week 

If you always do what you've always done, you'll always get what you've always got. Need to break away from that paradigm. Think outside the box. Think about what ORLFC means in the hearts of people. To me it's the history, Joseph Platt, it's sheddings, it's about a home, a rugby league home, not a plastic football pitch, but a proper place in Oldham. Start from there, from the "ground" up.

1 hour ago, moorside roughyed said:

Same hear mate, I too hope that we are wrong. 

You're not wrong. It's hopeless, and with every passing day there's less and less that might tempt a genuine saviour to come to the rescue.

Oldham needs to be a community club, not the private asset of a dinosaur. 

17 hours ago, Pigeon Lofter said:

You're not wrong. It's hopeless, and with every passing day there's less and less that might tempt a genuine saviour to come to the rescue.

Oldham needs to be a community club, not the private asset of a dinosaur. 

Unfortunately,his past and the way he's treated people in the past may catch up with him. And pop goes the club.

Archived