Sat 11-Sun 12 Sept: The Betfred League 1 Match Thread

• Replies 131
  • Created
  • Last Reply
17 minutes ago, BD20Cougar said:

3rd Crusaders

4th Cougars

5th Donny

1st round of play off games Cru vs Cougars, Donny vs Hunslet.

Congratulations on the top four finish, Cru and Cougars guaranteed at least two playoff games, with the winners away to Workigton in the 2nd round, and losing team at home to Doncaster or Hunslet.

Looking forward to welcoming you back to Stadiwm Zip World next Sunday, although I would make Cougars favourites for promotion on current form.

Absolutely over the moon that we have finished third. What an achievement!

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

https://www.nwcrusaders.co.uk/

22 hours ago, Whippet13 said:

Did plan to buy some merchandise today as admission was free and they set up a stand before the games but the guy with all the gear in his car had apparently gone off to play in a Masters game somewhere. Simultaneoulsly disappointed and amused.

Not quite true. Two of us had the National Masters festival in our diaries BEFORE this game was changed to a Saturday.  But I agree, we should have made arrangements for the merchandise to get to the stadium, so apologies for that. 

Hopefully you'll be at one of our playoff games, if not let me know what your after and I'll mail the merch to you.

14 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

I would make Cougars favourites for promotion on current form.

I still worry about our ability to get the job done in big away games. I wasn't at the game today but it sounds like Doncaster were well on top up until the red card. The only thing that I'm certain about is we'll see some cracking games over the next few weeks

Just now, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Take it that the Cougars' game will be on Sunday. Not sure if the Cougars are favourites to go up - remember that matches are to be played on the ground of the team finishing higher in the table, which could mean having to win twice at Derwent Park.

Believe me this is not looking like a big achievement 

12 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

Take it that the Cougars' game will be on Sunday. Not sure if the Cougars are favourites to go up - remember that matches are to be played on the ground of the team finishing higher in the table, which could mean having to win twice at Derwent Park.

Not confirmed but theres a big Tae Kwon Do (sp?) gig on in Eirias Park on Sunday.....

1 hour ago, BD20Cougar said:

I still worry about our ability to get the job done in big away games. I wasn't at the game today but it sounds like Doncaster were well on top up until the red card. The only thing that I'm certain about is we'll see some cracking games over the next few weeks

I was hoping you might say something like that.🙂

I am basing my opinion on your performance against us last week, and that was quite some comeback today, red card or not. But as you say, it's going to be a great tournament.

For all the latest news on North Wales Crusaders, please click on the link below to the new club website.

36 minutes ago, Chronicler of Chiswick said:

I'm pretty sure that the winner of the semi-final at Derwent Park in two weeks time will host the final. For example, if Cru beat Keighley and then beat Workington, the final will be in Colwyn Bay. Workington would then get a second chance to reach the final, but the only way they can host the final is to win the 2nd round game.

I've just found an explanation on Wikipedia:

For the losing team of the Elimination Final the season is over but the other three play in the semi-finals of the play-offs. In the semi-finals the 1st semi-final will be between the winning team in the EF and the losing team in the QF; while the 2nd semi-final will be between the team who finished second in the regular season (and had a bye in the first round of the play-offs) and the winning team of the QF. The team winning the 2nd semi-final will have home advantage in the Grand Final while the losing team will have home advantage in the Preliminary Final.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RFL_League_1

36 minutes ago, gogledd said:

Not confirmed but theres a big Tae Kwon Do (sp?) gig on in Eirias Park on Sunday.....

Would have thought the Tae Kwon Do event will be held in the leisure centre and not the stadium, Eirias Park is a big place. If they can host a concert for 15,000 people, I'm sure they can find room for both events.

31 minutes ago, fearnowt said:

Would have thought the Tae Kwon Do event will be held in the leisure centre and not the stadium, Eirias Park is a big place. If they can host a concert for 15,000 people, I'm sure they can find room for both events.

it may be limited by parking, stewarding, etc., will have to wait and see 🙂

cru....Cru.....CRUSADERS!!!!!!

And there it is. No further action. Does a player sent off for headbutting ever get sending off sufficient? No one in the ground saw it because it DIDN'T HAPPEN!! Absolutely disgusting and the officials should be brought to task on this. 

And yes. This has cost us the difference between 3rd and 5th. Would anyone seriously like to suggest that Keighley would have won but for this?

9 minutes ago, DavidM said:

Rob I get where you’re coming from , we get some rubbish at our level . We got Crashley I’ll say no more 

Shocking ref Dave. I'd love to post the video but I'm pretty sure the rfl wouldn't be happy. I doubt it'll become public. Again I question: sending off sufficient for headbutting. That's not a thing.

He has been found guilty with a zero match tariff which is different to both “not guilty” and to “NFA”

As to the question about if a Match Official or Officials make a bad error then that will be reflected in future appointment(s) and is on a regular basis

20 minutes ago, LeeF said:

He has been found guilty with a zero match tariff which is different to both “not guilty” and to “NFA”

As to the question about if a Match Official or Officials make a bad error then that will be reflected in future appointment(s) and is on a regular basis

Please explain how headbutting has received a zero match tarriff. Thanks for explaining that the officials future appointments may reflect this. That really helps our situation regarding promotion. There is literally no accountability here and please don't pretend that there is. 

I could not care less what the officials future appointments are. 

I've seen the video and it's a ridiculous decision made by officials not competent to officiate such an important game. 

Archived