Sun 12 Sept: The Betfred Championship Match Thread

3 minutes ago, LongStandingBull said:

Halifax play Batley so they can’t both lose this weekend.

Bradford look like they are happy to have made the playoffs so I expect a haven win next week as one team is bang in form and up for the fight and the other is in rest mode. 

I’ve seen comments about how exciting the Widnes v Bradford game was and yes the atmosphere was good with the game in the balance but make no mistake it was a game with over 30 errors between the sides. It was only exciting as both sides couldn’t keep hold of the footy or threw it forward. If either team could have respected the ball they would likely have put 30-40 points on the other 

Sorry marra I ment London, Batley, Bradford if Haven beat Bradford and the other 2 get beat we'd have more points than all 3 teams. But would still finish 6th?

7 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

Sorry marra I ment London, Batley, Bradford if Haven beat Bradford and the other 2 get beat we'd have more points than all 3 teams. But would still finish 6th?

Yeah highest Haven can get is 6th. Haven looked really good yesterday and we were totally dominated but not a result nobody who has been watching us didn't see coming. Unfortunatley our season is fizzling out with a whimper and I would imagine France is the desired option of all 4 teams that finish in the last remaining places for a goold ol pee up in France.

As it is though Haven look the most likely team to be able to go to Fev and be capable of causing an upset. They look a really good unit and I hope they can kick on next season.

9 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

So the highest Haven can finish is 6th? Even if the 3 teams above us get beat next week? 

Yep. 2 of them have 60% or over and even if they lose it will still be high 50s% 

It’s London or Haven for 6th

8 hours ago, Havenfan10 said:

That's true but don't forget you will have played more games than the other three

and if you want to argue about points take a look at top of table 

TO 26 points 1st FEV 36 points 2nd🤣

9 hours ago, LongStandingBull said:

I’ve seen comments about how exciting the Widnes v Bradford game was and yes the atmosphere was good with the game in the balance but make no mistake it was a game with over 30 errors between the sides. It was only exciting as both sides couldn’t keep hold of the footy or threw it forward. If either team could have respected the ball they would likely have put 30-40 points on the other 

I think everyone who was there would agree with that. Just shows that a game can be close and exciting without being high quality. Neither side really looked like creating a gap in the opposition defence either - it was only kicks that resulted in opportunities.

Seen a few comments from Widnes fans elsewhere about it being poetic justice with the elbow at the end with the amount of niggle and cheap shots going unpunished during the game, but I didn't really see it like that. I did have the impression that the amount of timewasting from the Bulls at the end was not endearing them to the referee though.

On which note - I think the standard of refereeing this year has been generally excellent - lots of good young referees coming through it seems to me.

3 hours ago, The Blues Ox said:

Yeah highest Haven can get is 6th. Haven looked really good yesterday and we were totally dominated but not a result nobody who has been watching us didn't see coming. Unfortunatley our season is fizzling out with a whimper and I would imagine France is the desired option of all 4 teams that finish in the last remaining places for a goold ol pee up in France.

As it is though Haven look the most likely team to be able to go to Fev and be capable of causing an upset. They look a really good unit and I hope they can kick on next season.

Thanks marra it was a good solid hard game, no foul play off either team a few big hits some good rugby. We just had that extra spite in the tackles (Dion) which won us the game. 

3 hours ago, POR said:

That's true but don't forget you will have played more games than the other three

and if you want to argue about points take a look at top of table 

TO 26 points 1st FEV 36 points 2nd🤣

Can't argue mate but that's 7 games to make up! But the teams above us are 1 or 2 games surely they could've been played midweek. 

58 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

Can't argue mate but that's 7 games to make up! But the teams above us are 1 or 2 games surely they could've been played midweek. 

Bulls tried to get the Sheffield game on and were happy to play midweek. Sheffield weren't interested. We have had no other games called off except Toulouse away.

1 hour ago, Havenfan10 said:

Thanks marra it was a good solid hard game, no foul play off either team a few big hits some good rugby. We just had that extra spite in the tackles (Dion) which won us the game. 

He the big number 13? He was quality in defence and was just going round smashing our forwards. Would love someone like that in our team.

28 minutes ago, The Blues Ox said:

He the big number 13? He was quality in defence and was just going round smashing our forwards. Would love someone like that in our team.

Yeah that's him mate. Think he was on a mission yesterday lol. Fair play to moore after he got smashed he PTB with a smile!!! 

On 13/09/2021 at 08:49, The Blues Ox said:

Haven won't come to FEV unless they beat TO in the semi

FEV can only play highest finisher in semi so that's 3rd 4th or 5th

1 hour ago, POR said:

Do FEV not play TO in semis? Winner in the final then who loses that play whoever is left after the other playoff games at home? 

1 hour ago, POR said:

Unfortunatley the point still stands, out of Fax, Bradford, Batley and London none of them look capable of surprising anyone at the moment.🤣 Haven look the best team from positions 3-7 at the moment.

4 minutes ago, Havenfan10 said:

Do FEV not play TO in semis? Winner in the final then who loses that play whoever is left after the other playoff games at home? 

SL playoff set up this year. 1 and 2 have the week off then 3v6 and 4v5 with Toulouse playing the lowest ranked team in the semi finals.

Given how the season has gone it looks the perfect playoff set up for our league this season.

On 13/09/2021 at 01:02, LongStandingBull said:

Halifax play Batley so they can’t both lose this weekend.

No, but one of them could have a win confiscated for a Covid breach or something.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

4 minutes ago, POR said:

NOT at the moment H 

3rd play 6th if 3rd win then  FEV play 3rd at home 

if 6th win then FEV play winners of 4th v 5th at home 

Agree.

Fev play the higher placed winner from Week 1.  Which could be 3rd, 4th or 5th.

Toulouse play the other lot.

"We'll sell you a seat .... but you'll only need the edge of it!"

Archived