Sat 11 Sept: SL: Warrington Wolves v Salford Red Devils KO 15:00

Who will win?  

18 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Warrington Wolves
    • Salford Red Devils

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/21 at 14:30

Depends what side Price looks to put out missing a couple of props (Cooper & Philbin) both hookers and potentially Williams. Also wouldn’t surprise me to see other players rested to give Ashton, Austin and Wrench a run out ahead of the play offs, they haven’t had a huge amount of game time recently.

I’m hoping our Salford hoodoo ended when Watson left…

41 minutes ago, johnh1 said:

Am I right in saying that if Saints win tonight, then Wire finish third, no matter what happens here or elsewhere? Salford in with a chance of that’s the case.

Top 3 already in place. 

A game with a definate eye to the future.

For Warrington, already established in third, looking to the play offs.

Salford, scanning next season and maybe an attempt to re-assure anxieties about Marshall amongat Salfordians.

Further curious team and positional selections by Dickie. Burgess at centre. 

Could go anyway, but erm. 

Ashton 
Charnley 
King 
Wrench 
Thewlis
Williams 
Widdop 
Mulhern
Davis
Akauola 
Currie 
Austin
Hughes 

J.Clark
Doro
Longstaff 
Ratchford

An experimental team but at least the big boys get a rest now there’s nothing at stake. 

If there was ever a time for Austin to remind us he is still around this is it.

Ashton is out of contract too so will be interesting to see if he can sell himself with a decent showing at the back.

6 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Shocking game. Admittedly nothing to play for and an experimental disjointed Warrington side, but this is like watching a pre-season friendly.

In entirely unconnected news, Salford have just taken the lead. :kolobok_wink:

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

3 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

In entirely unconnected news, Salford have just taken the lead. :kolobok_wink:

Trust me, I’m here, and no one deserves anything from this one. It’s absolutely bizarre. Reminds me of the flatness of a mud bath game of RU.

It was certainly good radio, all sorts going on in the last ten minutes and in golden point extra time.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

1 hour ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Biggest cheer of the night is during the leaving party for Jake Mamo who comes out the tunnel doing backward somersaults and runs around like a puppy who found his owner’s cocaine stash.

Whenever you hear some doddery old fun-sponge droning on about how there are no characters left in the game, Mamo is the remedy. Completely bonkers, and should have done more post-match interviews in his time at the club.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

39 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

Whenever you hear some doddery old fun-sponge droning on about how there are no characters left in the game, Mamo is the remedy. Completely bonkers, and should have done more post-match interviews in his time at the club.

If he did more interviews I guarantee he would have had more drugs tests.....

45 minutes ago, dkw said:

If he did more interviews I guarantee he would have had more drugs tests.....

I actually reckon if his family hadn’t moved from Malta he’d be a famous premiership footballer known for his goal celebrations. Glad we’ve seen the best of him this year though, and there’s still the playoffs to come.

Archived