Jump to content

Sat 11 Sept: SL: Hull Kingston Rovers v Castleford Tigers KO 19:45


Who will win?  

33 members have voted

  1. 1. Who will win?

    • Hull Kingston Rovers
      20
    • Castleford Tigers
      13

This poll is closed to new votes

  • Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/21 at 19:15

Recommended Posts

Enjoyable for the neutral.

  • Like 1

"We are easily breakable, by illness or falling, or a million other ways of leaving this earthly life. We are just so much mashed potato."  Don Estelle

Link to comment
Share on other sites


One frantic enjoyable game.

  • Like 3

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

 

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Child wanting centre stage right to the death.  😄

  • Like 2

This world was never meant for one as beautiful as me.
 
 
Wakefield Trinity RLFC
2012 - 2014 "The wasted years"

2013, 2014 & 2015 Official Magic Weekend "Whipping Boys"

2017 - The year the dream disappeared under Grix's left foot.

2018 - The FinniChezz Bromance 

2019 - The Return of the Prodigal Son

 

 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Just now, Dunbar said:

I have just paused Sky when the ball was played and I can confirm that Richardson was just offside there.  There was only 5 or 6 yards in it but that's enough.

Same as a few minutes earlier when Abdul wanted to go for a drop, Cas were ridiculously offside but no whistle then.

Anyway, what another belter of a game, enhanced by a very vocal crowd singing throughout. Great atmosphere which came across well on tv.

  • Like 2
Link to comment
Share on other sites

That was an enjoyable game, id imagine HKR will take a good following to Leeds next week.
The Rovers fan’s are great at getting behind their side. The fan village looks excellent as well, id love to see more clubs do such a thing if allowed. 

  • Like 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

19 minutes ago, Josef K said:

That was an enjoyable game, id imagine HKR will take a good following to Leeds next week.
The Rovers fan’s are great at getting behind their side. The fan village looks excellent as well, id love to see more clubs do such a thing if allowed. 

That's not a fans village, its the main shopping centre in East Hull.

  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Rovers do not ever seem to be involved in boring games and this was no exception.

Hope the atmosphere came across on TV, at the ground it was a cauldron of noise and 80 minutes of tension.

I thought Rovers were the better team overall and the key moment was a terrific 40/20 from Abdull.

Have to say I see nothing wrong with the current structure of 12 teams and top 6 play off. SKY just need to be better at picking the right games - they got it right tonight by picking this game in front of Hull v Wigan.

  • Like 3
Link to comment
Share on other sites

It was a very good game to watch. I thought Cas got the rub of a few decisions in the first half, and that the favour was returned to Rovers in the 2nd. The Parcell try was certainly odd and I'm sure would have been disallowed if sent upstairs.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

Rovers do not ever seem to be involved in boring games and this was no exception.

Hope the atmosphere came across on TV, at the ground it was a cauldron of noise and 80 minutes of tension.

I thought Rovers were the better team overall and the key moment was a terrific 40/20 from Abdull.

Have to say I see nothing wrong with the current structure of 12 teams and top 6 play off. SKY just need to be better at picking the right games - they got it right tonight by picking this game in front of Hull v Wigan.

Playoff structure means every playoff game is must win, how it should be.  We're just short a team or two. 

Link to comment
Share on other sites

See the ref changed the course of a game with a shocking call again, and he had the option of the screen for the knock on. Much better spectacle, but close games with points always are, and we didnt have any massive possession periods for either team which also helps.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

9 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

they got it right tonight by picking this game in front of Hull v Wigan.

Once again, you just can't help yourself can you?, this obsession with Hull FC can't be doing you any good, it's just not healthy.

I should know as I follow Hull FC and it's certainly not doing my blood pressure much good at the minute.

 

 

England RU Coach Eddie Jones : "I spent a bit of time up at Hull and I like the full back there Connor, he's a tough, skilful player"

Jake Connor : "I've never played Union, it doesn't look that hard, you never say never but it looks too boring for me"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

I felt like this was also a good result for the game as it means the city of Hull almost certainly have a team to get behind in the playoffs.

  • Like 1

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, £7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a £2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

10 hours ago, Old Frightful said:

Once again, you just can't help yourself can you?, this obsession with Hull FC can't be doing you any good, it's just not healthy.

I should know as I follow Hull FC and it's certainly not doing my blood pressure much good at the minute.

 

 

This wasn't actually a anti-FC post so I'll apologise if it came across that way.

As A Rovers fan it has been frustrating that we have been in entertaining games all year but have usually been shunned by SKY TV.

So it has been a bit galling when SKY complain about the Super League offering and demand changes yet pick games that most RL fans know will not be the best TV of the round.

This time they didn't which even you seem to agree.

My wider issue is that SKY have been complaining but actually the current structure doesn't need much change, the 12 and 6 formula produces high quality entrainment if only SKY know where to look.

Their own coverage meanwhile is looking in need of an overhaul.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

11 hours ago, DimmestStar said:

This wasn't actually a anti-FC post so I'll apologise if it came across that way.

As A Rovers fan it has been frustrating that we have been in entertaining games all year but have usually been shunned by SKY TV.

So it has been a bit galling when SKY complain about the Super League offering and demand changes yet pick games that most RL fans know will not be the best TV of the round.

This time they didn't which even you seem to agree.

My wider issue is that SKY have been complaining but actually the current structure doesn't need much change, the 12 and 6 formula produces high quality entrainment if only SKY know where to look.

Their own coverage meanwhile is looking in need of an overhaul.

This is why there should be more than two games a week on Sky. A wider range of teams to show at the weekend will mean that there is more of a chance to show a game like the one on Saturday.

When Cas scores at the start of the second half I thought that was it so to find a way to get back into it and get the win boded well for the future. Dagger was a well deserved man of the match and I really want him to stay next year.

Link to comment
Share on other sites

22 hours ago, Just Browny said:

I felt like this was also a good result for the game as it means the city of Hull almost certainly have a team to get behind in the playoffs.

😃 Shurrup you, I know you're on a wind up.

But, actually, you're quite correct, the good RL supporting folk of Hull will certainly have a team to cheer on if Hull KR manage the play offs.

Most of East Hull will be rooting for the Robins while most of West Hull will be cheering for whoever they play against.

  • Thanks 1

England RU Coach Eddie Jones : "I spent a bit of time up at Hull and I like the full back there Connor, he's a tough, skilful player"

Jake Connor : "I've never played Union, it doesn't look that hard, you never say never but it looks too boring for me"

Link to comment
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now
 Share

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    • No registered users viewing this page.


×
×
  • Create New...