Sat 11 Sept: SL: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/21 at 14:30

Dead rubber. I suppose there's still technically a scenario that can see us make the 6, but there's also a scenario where I can win the lottery this week. I just hope for a commited performance and not a feeling sorry for ourselves performance.

Wigan by 10

14 minutes ago, Loiner said:

Hull are a shambles, easy afternoon for the pies +12

Shambles is harsh. I mean your lot only just scraped by us in golden point after a very even game. We do have a lot of thinking to do during the off season though.

1 hour ago, MZH said:

Shambles is harsh. I mean your lot only just scraped by us in golden point after a very even game. We do have a lot of thinking to do during the off season though.

Maybe I was a bit harsh just disappointed with Hull expected more from them this season. I do hope they win as it happens.

Had we been playing well, which we clearly are not, we would have struggled and almost certainly lost this one in spite of Wigan not quite being at the races either.

I'll be there but might have to have a few bob on it to  make it interesting.

Hull 10 Pies 28.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Usually a Sky staple this fixture, they are avoiding it, shows someone at Sky does still have some sense.

If Hull can score 3 tries they should win as Wigan will struggle to score 2 tries, unless Hull's defence hasn't been briefed on how predictable Wigan's attack is.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

33 minutes ago, Padge said:

Usually a Sky staple this fixture, they are avoiding it, shows someone at Sky does still have some sense.

If Hull can score 3 tries they should win as Wigan will struggle to score 2 tries, unless Hull's defence hasn't been briefed on how predictable Wigan's attack is.

Certainly a game to avoid

5 hours ago, Racks said:

The reason Hull underperform every year is their home form in front of fans.

In the last three seasons 9 wins from 26 home games!

Visitors certainly do not fear the Circle compared to Boulevard.

Games against Wigan are a great example of that baffling statistic. Hull have a pretty good record against Wigan at the DW and at neutral venues but Wigan nearly always batter us at the MKM.

Anyway, a warm sunny Saturday afternoon with a game to go to. Can't beat it.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

Sometimes when you see pro RL players outside the normal environment they operate in, you think "I thought they'd be bigger than that".

Just seen Mose Mosoe outside the ground...my word, he's massive!

Hope he has a good day today.

1 minute ago, dkw said:

Sounds like an absolute thriller...

Well it sure doesn't look much like one.

7 minutes ago, JohnM said:

Listening to Radio Blunderside, sounds like both sides are lucky to have scored nil.

It sounds like the second half has been a bit of an improvement as a spectacle. But that's not saying much.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just 10 points conceded by Wigan in the last 3 games with two shut outs.

If Peet is the defence coach and Lam the attack then they are getting rid of the right one at least.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

12 minutes ago, Cheshire Setter said:

What happened to the Hull that looked like 2021’s dark horses? 

That dark horse joined Old Faithfull.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Archived