Sat 11 Sept: SL: Hull FC v Wigan Warriors KO 15:00

Who will win?  

31 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• Hull FC
    • Wigan Warriors

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 11/09/21 at 14:30

22 hours ago, Padge said:

Usually a Sky staple this fixture, they are avoiding it, shows someone at Sky does still have some sense.

If Hull can score 3 tries they should win as Wigan will struggle to score 2 tries, unless Hull's defence hasn't been briefed on how predictable Wigan's attack is.

Well you were right, Wigan did struggle to get those 2 tries.

Unfortunately Hull struggled to get any tries at all!

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

as usual carney can't find anything good to say about wigan "that was th most abject performance i have seen from two teams"

wigan are playing to their strength, defence, and scored two very good tries. if you could pick who to play no one would pick wigan.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

4 minutes ago, my missus said:

as usual carney can't find anything good to say about wigan "that was th most abject performance i have seen from two teams"

wigan are playing to their strength, defence, and scored two very good tries. if you could pick who to play no one would pick wigan.

Yeah no one wants to sit through a Wigan "performance" 😄

2 hours ago, my missus said:

I’m not sure what Wigan did to Carney or O’Connor at the end of their Wigan careers but it must’ve been terrible going off the huge downer they have on them. I was at the game today and the first twenty mins was pretty dire but I thought it was a good, competitive game after that. We defended extremely well and Hull blinked first. Our attack is pretty shambolic, I cannot deny that but I’m confident we’ll make any game in the play offs extremely difficult for the team we play against. 

His description of the game was pretty embarrassing overall. Abject would be two teams who didn’t care and both clearly cared a great deal. 

1 hour ago, WN83 said:

I’m not sure what Wigan did to Carney or O’Connor at the end of their Wigan careers but it must’ve been terrible going off the huge downer they have on them. I was at the game today and the first twenty mins was pretty dire but I thought it was a good, competitive game after that. We defended extremely well and Hull blinked first. Our attack is pretty shambolic, I cannot deny that but I’m confident we’ll make any game in the play offs extremely difficult for the team we play against. 

His description of the game was pretty embarrassing overall. Abject would be two teams who didn’t care and both clearly cared a great deal. 

well said.

Through the fish-eyed lens of tear stained eyes
I can barely define the shape of this moment in time(roger waters)

Just watched the highlights on Sky. I think they are the shortest highlights I've ever seen - 33 seconds. Having said that, they've managed to make it look like it was an exciting game, similar to the BBC's RU highlights on national news.

10 hours ago, WN83 said:

I’m confident we’ll make any game in the play offs extremely difficult for the team we play against.

By the time the playoffs come around, games are usually tight and summer rugby is giving way to heavier pitches. Wigan are pretty awful compared to previous years, but I'm certainly not writing them off. All they have to do is have a couple of decent defensive performances in wet weather and they're at Old Trafford with their mojo restored.

3 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

By the time the playoffs come around, games are usually tight and summer rugby is giving way to heavier pitches. Wigan are pretty awful compared to previous years, but I'm certainly not writing them off. All they have to do is have a couple of decent defensive performances in wet weather and they're at Old Trafford with their mojo restored.

There is another factor which has tipped the balance in the last few weeks. While we have played more league games than anyone else, we are now playing teams who haven’t been able to play the COVID card for a while, and that is showing as there are 2 equally fatigued sides playing. We have a very talented squad, despite the visual and statistical evidence otherwise (fewer points than everyone aside from Leigh, having played more games...).

59 minutes ago, Exiled Wiganer said:

There is another factor which has tipped the balance in the last few weeks. While we have played more league games than anyone else, we are now playing teams who haven’t been able to play the COVID card for a while, and that is showing as there are 2 equally fatigued sides playing. We have a very talented squad, despite the visual and statistical evidence otherwise (fewer points than everyone aside from Leigh, having played more games...).

Young Harvard had a good game, Hardaker &Farrell appeared to be involved a lot and Hastings just organised the team in a very confident way.  I think they’ll have to go up a notch or two to challenge this year though.  Another year with that age group imo.

Wigan made a lot of mistakes, especially in the 1st half and Hull were quite happy to mess up the opportunities given.  

4 hours ago, Cheshire Setter said:

Just watched the highlights on Sky. I think they are the shortest highlights I've ever seen - 33 seconds. Having said that, they've managed to make it look like it was an exciting game, similar to the BBC's RU highlights on national news.

I'm amazed they managed to find 33 seconds worth to be honest.

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

1 hour ago, Old Frightful said:

I'm amazed they managed to find 33 seconds worth to be honest.

As there were only about 30 seconds remaining it was of little consequence but nobody will ever top Jake Connor's 20 metre restart.

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

18 hours ago, Faithful1865 said:

I gave my brother one of the free tickets they were offering to passholders. He's not talking to me now!!

As if it wasn't bad enough already the old bloke in front of me said it's worked out at about £40 each for a passholder to watch this .

"I'm from a fishing family. Trawlermen are like pirates with biscuits." - Lucy Beaumont.

13 minutes ago, Ullman said:

As if it wasn't bad enough already the old bloke in front of me said it's worked out at about £40 each for a passholder to watch this .

'Kin ell...you must have been near suicidal...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

On 12/09/2021 at 14:07, Exiled Wiganer said:

I hear this a lot from Wigan fans. You’ve played the same games as Cas and what, two more than Saints?

You’d think Wigan were playing every other day the way people talk.

On 13/09/2021 at 16:54, FearTheVee said:

I hear this a lot from Wigan fans. You’ve played the same games as Cas and what, two more than Saints?

You’d think Wigan were playing every other day the way people talk.

Well you very nearly got that right didn't you?

Did you not think to check before spouting?

2 hours ago, my missus said:

saints have played 20 cas have played 22 wigan 24 so.................

1 hour ago, Jim Prendle said:

I think he means that because Wigan went out in the quarter final of the cup  Saints and Cas have played two extra games in that comp. 

On 14/09/2021 at 19:30, Jim Prendle said:

I got it spot on thanks - Challenge Cup games are still games of rugby that can contribute to fatigue.  They don't just magically disappear because your team got knocked out.

Archived