Fri 10 Sept: SL: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/21 at 19:15

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Wolfe's days will be numbered if he can only come up with a plan of "give it to the big lad". Saints supporters will not like not being able to crow about being "the entertainers".

What a dull depressing game, and I am normally upbeat about any game.

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

5 minutes ago, Padge said:

Wolfe's days will be numbered if he can only come up with a plan of "give it to the big lad". Saints supporters will not like not being able to crow about being "the entertainers".

What a dull depressing game, and I am normally upbeat about any game.

But they didn't need to do anything better tonight , if Leeds don't want to tackle , why bother passing 

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

Yes, I’ve noticed you normally love nothing more than a convincing Saints win 😄

I may do the rival thing about giving Saints some stick, but I do appreciatte a good contest and entertainment. That was just two school teams playing with one having the big lad.

It was awful.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

But they didn't need to do anything better tonight , if Leeds don't want to tackle , why bother passing 

Because they ( the supporters )crow about being "the entertainers", they had the opportunity to entertain and Wolfe decided it was lets play like school kids and give it to the big lad.

2 minutes ago, Padge said:

I may do the rival thing about giving Saints some stick, but I do appreciatte a good contest and entertainment. That was just two school teams playing with one having the big lad.

It was awful.

I agree it was a poor watch that was over as a contest in about five minutes but there was only one school team. 

1 minute ago, Man of Kent said:

I agree it was a poor watch that was over as a contest in about five minutes but there was only one school team. 

Saints played school team tactics once they realised they were playing a school time.

Bit disingenuous to talk about a wonderful performance from Walmsley as if its somehow reflective of how lacking in entertainment Saints were.

A terrific display from a world class player.

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

Just now, Chrispmartha said:

Which was entirely the correct tactic with looking at the lineups

You miss the point, I am not talking about tactics and how to win a game in a close fought contest. I am talking about Saints supporters who have lived on the back of wide to west for years and claiming to be the entertainers dishing up that garbage when they were in a position to entertain.

Woolf will be a dead duck soon when more Saints supporters start voting with their feet about what they are serving up.

46 minutes ago, Man of Kent said:

Does make a bit of a mockery of the league table, to be fair. Leeds are bang average at the best of times but they look way off a playoff side tonight.

Not really, Leeds have simply run out of troops, we’ve troubled both the top 2 this year and beaten 3rd and 4th place teams. It can happen when ayers are expected to play a congested fixture list

Just now, Padge said:

You miss the point, I am not talking about tactics and how to win a game in a close fought contest. I am talking about Saints supporters who have lived on the back of wide to west for years and claiming to be the entertainers dishing up that garbage when they were in a position to entertain.

Woolf will be a dead duck soon when more Saints supporters start voting with their feet about what they are serving up.

And I think you’re missing the point. Saints wanted to claim that 2nd spot, do you think their supporters will give two hoots how they win tonight if they win the GF

1 minute ago, Chrispmartha said:

Not really, Leeds have simply run out of troops, we’ve troubled both the top 2 this year and beaten 3rd and 4th place teams. It can happen when ayers are expected to play a congested fixture list

😂

Archived