Fri 10 Sept: SL: St Helens v Leeds Rhinos KO 19:45 (TV)

Who will win?  

38 members have voted

1. 1. Who will win?

• St Helens
    • Leeds Rhinos

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 10/09/21 at 19:15

• Replies 122
  • Created
  • Last Reply
9 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

And I think you’re missing the point. Saints wanted to claim that 2nd spot, do you think their supporters will give two hoots how they win tonight if they win the GF

I t is not tonight when the pressure builds

Visit my photography site www.padge.smugmug.com

Radio 5 Live: Saturday 14 April 2007

Dave Whelan "In Wigan rugby will always be king"

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

Just now, Chris22 said:

Alex Walmsley played rather well tonight. That is all.

I could have got fat lad out of the pub tonight to do that to that Leeds side.

This country's wealth was created by men in overalls, it was destroyed by men in suits.

I will just echo John's words from his post on the 7th of August... the trolling of match threads is getting a little tedious. 

"The history of the world is the history of the triumph of the heartless over the mindless." — Sir Humphrey Appleby.

"If someone doesn't value evidence, what evidence are you going to provide to prove that they should value it? If someone doesn't value logic, what logical argument could you provide to show the importance of logic?" — Sam Harris

7 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

He did, against a bunch of kids 😉

It wasn't the kids who weren't tackling , I was critical of my team at the weekend , we started poorly ,made loads of mistakes , we got what we deserved 

Your team were rubbish , not the kids , seasoned pro's with hundreds of games behind them , don't tackle , you lose , Agar knew it , you could see the embarrassment on his face 

Are you guaranteed 5th ? , Or can HKR catch you ? 

25 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

It wasn't the kids who weren't tackling , I was critical of my team at the weekend , we started poorly ,made loads of mistakes , we got what we deserved 

Your team were rubbish , not the kids , seasoned pro's with hundreds of games behind them , don't tackle , you lose , Agar knew it , you could see the embarrassment on his face 

Are you guaranteed 5th ? , Or can HKR catch you ? 

We’re not guaranteed 6th nevermind 5th

5 minutes ago, David Dockhouse Host said:

Walmsley was off the scale tonight.

Leeds had a decent side out, yes some young guns but still Walmsley was outstanding.

Leeds kids will learn from that.

Unsure as to the tactic from Agar?

Not enough effort in defence and overplayed with the ball

We didn’t have any half backs, we didn’t have s decent team out, there was some decent players in it but not as a collective.

This year is a write off for Leeds, next year is when they need to be challenging 

34 minutes ago, sweaty craiq said:

It’s little wonder Sky are dropping the cash, we will be lucky to have a tv deal soon if that’s how the games premium fixtures are played out

Short memory lad - we saw 2 of the best SL games in a long time last Saturday - think you're comments are unfair.

Does Sky football (and there fans) say what you're saying after a drab 0 - 0? - no they just look forward to the next game. So much negatively on here from supposed fans- last Saturday was great entertainment and here we are 6 days later saying sky should drop our great game....ffs

44 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

We didn’t have any half backs, we didn’t have s decent team out, there was some decent players in it but not as a collective.

This year is a write off for Leeds, next year is when they need to be challenging 

You must of missed Saints missing their first choice half backs as well then? I think I saw Leeds were missing 8? Saints were missing 5, so it’s hardly like they were worlds apparent from a missing players perspective.

Was disappointed not to see Dan Norman tonight. Would have been a good chance to see what he’s about whilst we had 2 props out.

1 minute ago, Magic Superbeetle said:

You must of missed Saints missing their first choice half backs as well then? I think I saw Leeds were missing 8? Saints were missing 5, so it’s hardly like they were worlds apparent from a missing players perspective.

Was disappointed not to see Dan Norman tonight. Would have been a good chance to see what he’s about whilst we had 2 props out.

We were missing our second choice half backs aswell 

Yes Saints we’re missing some aswell but it’s not always about the amount more the quality of those missing players, our starting prop, LF and second row were all just 20

Some people seem to have misunderstood my point.

Winning by any means isn't what supporters tend to crave, except for those that have been starved of success.

Supporters want to be entertained, they want to see their players show how skilful they are.

Wayne at Wigan was pushed out not because he was losing, but because he was winning in a boring style, the natives got restless.

Teams that are constant winners don't have the novelty of having overjoyed supporters because the novelty just being happy to be at the top. Teams at the top have to put on a show or they are in danger of just becoming a bit of going through the grind sort of winners.

The top teams should be showing flair, they should be the leading entertainment show. 

2 hours ago, Padge said:

Because they ( the supporters )crow about being "the entertainers", they had the opportunity to entertain and Wolfe decided it was lets play like school kids and give it to the big lad.

Can't tell whether you're trolling or just haven't been paying attention for the last 15 years. Aside from under Holbrook (particularly his first full season) it's been a while since I've heard Saints fans describe our own team as 'the entertainers'.

There was absolutely nothing entertaining about Saints under Cunningham, Simmons, Potter, Brown (GF win aside, loved that). Even Anderson gets criticised on entertainment value by some these days.

28 minutes ago, Magic Superbeetle said:

Also we were missing more than 8!

Walker

Hurrell

Lui

Gale

Sutcliffe

Mclelland

Mellor

Oledski

Tetevano

Donaldson

king V