Secondary TV contract - BBC πŸ†š

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply
2 hours ago, LeeF said:

Or you could look at it another way - SL need the Championship & League 1 for things like loans to keep players fit; dual regΒ for development ; identifying & signing late developers and whilst you may think that there is zero value for any club outside SL without those currently smaller clubs SL would be weaker and therefore have an even lower TV deal

Please show me where I have said that I think there is zero value in the championship and league 1

57 minutes ago, Dave T said:

It is perfectly clear what @TommygilfΒ is referring to. Market value to TV broadcasters is pretty much Β£0, if not actually zero.

That is the market value being discussed.Β 

The other element is the value to the sport overall. The problem is that even though a case may be made that that value is Β£4m (for example) if SL clubs can only afford to pay Β£2m then that is what is to be paid.Β 

Just like the RFL may value the lower divisions at Β£5m but they don't have the money to pay it.Β 

Thank you

4 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

Why do you think they should fund the lower leagues ?Β 

Same reason the premier league diverts money into the EFL and lower, same reason why international RU (the top tier) diverts money to various levels of the sport across various countries. If you're the leading part of a sport, and you get the lions share of any available funding, its fair to put some of that aside to assist lower levels of the sport.

1 minute ago, Tommygilf said:

Same reason the premier league diverts money into the EFL and lower, same reason why international RU (the top tier) diverts money to various levels of the sport across various countries. If you're the leading part of a sport, and you get the lions share of any available funding, its fair to put some of that aside to assist lower levels of the sport.

Do you get paid for doing nothing ? , Loaded question given the amount of time some spend on here during the dayΒ 

3 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

Fairness ? , Seriously ?

7 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

What do you want in return for that money ?

2 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

What do you want in return for that money ?

Ideally you'd hope the continued health of the game below the elite full time level. That might mean outposts in South Yorkshire, the North East, Cumbria, the West Midlands and London being coordinated more effectively, it may mean some sides just getting by as local hubs for the sport with realistic expectations of where they are and what they can achieve.

Just like when the premier league diverts money into the EFL and lower, and same reason why international RU (the top tier) diverts money to various levels of the sport across various countries.

2 minutes ago, Tommygilf said:

I have done, you're shockingly now being obtuse

No you haven't , why do you think they should fund the lower leagues ? , What do you think they want in return ?

Not what football does , not what RU does , what do you think ?

1 minute ago, GUBRATS said:

No you haven't , why do you think they should fund the lower leagues ? , What do you think they want in return ?

Why is RL different from those other sports? and why is for the continued health of the game below the elite level not a response? Could you not read that bit?

Just now, Tommygilf said:

Why is RL different from those other sports? and why is for the continued health of the game below the elite level not a response? Could you not read that bit?

So , you don't know , but think it's fair , basically just because , if that's the case just say you don't know whyΒ 

What do you think they'll want in return ?Β 

1 minute ago, Mr Frisky said:

Its like 2 goldfish in a small bowl just swimming in circles going over the same thing time after time after time...... let me know when you have seen the castle....

Why do you think the lower tiers should receive some of SLs TV revenue ?

7 minutes ago, GUBRATS said:

So , you don't know , but think it's fair , basically just because , if that's the case just say you don't know whyΒ 

What do you think they'll want in return ?Β 

I think its a good thing to do. I think thats why several other sports do it.

I have no idea what they will want in return. Given if any funding does come in it will be less than the current amount where as far as I can tell there is no obligation attached I do not see why there would be for less funding. That said I'm not opposed to any club receiving central funding, including and most importantly indeed Super League clubs, being subject to a certain amount of scrutiny over how it is being invested.

Archived