Secondary TV contract - BBC ๐Ÿ†š

2 minutes ago, ShropshireBull said:

Didnt say kick out.ย  I want to see them relgated and replaced by clubs who will enhance the tv product and rights,ย  not those who detract from it.ย 

And obviously clubs playing in stadiums that are far too big is just as, if not more damaging for the product than Salford new ground will be.ย 

ย 

So kicked out then.

• Replies 265
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyway. Who would trust the BBC with rugby league?ย  Just looked at their teletext service. According to them, the world cup fixtures are being played. Hope they are not spending our license fee sending camera crews etc there.

44 minutes ago, RS50 said:

Anyway. Who would trust the BBC with rugby league?ย  Just looked at their teletext service. According to them, the world cup fixtures are being played. Hope they are not spending our license fee sending camera crews etc there.

I'm more concerned they're spending our license fee on keeping teletext going.ย 

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

1 minute ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Assuming that 'teletext' carries the same data as the website/app, then the World Cup fixtures are on there but are marked as postponed or cancelled.

But that doesn't quite work for the beeb bashing.

Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.ย (Terry Pratchett)

2 minutes ago, gingerjon said:

Assuming that 'teletext' carries the same data as the website/app, then the World Cup fixtures are on there but are marked as postponed or cancelled.

But that doesn't quite work for the beeb bashing.

No postponement mentioned on teletext.

7 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

Didnt say kick out.ย  I want to see them relgated and replaced by clubs who will enhance the tv product and rights,ย  not those who detract from it.ย 

And obviously clubs playing in stadiums that are far too big is just as, if not more damaging for the product than Salford new ground will be.ย 

ย 

How would you relegate clubs based on their attendance to capacity ratio? One way to solve your problem would be to convert all SL grounds into 1,000 capacity stadiums, theyโ€˜d all be full and it would look ace on tv.ย 

6 hours ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Teletext is no more it went when ITV stopped doing it. BBC do Ceefax and also want rid of it to save money but it's a godsend to many people so they have kept it -for now at least.

13 minutes ago, Eddie said:

How would you relegate clubs based on their attendance to capacity ratio? One way to solve your problem would be to convert all SL grounds into 1,000 capacity stadiums, theyโ€˜d all be full and it would look ace on tv.ย 

Fev would finally get in then lol.

7 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

If you get relegated you werent kicked out.ย  That would mean expelled.ย  And again if you bothered to read the thread I already said I want weaker teams gone to be replaced by stronger teams to enhance the product.

That 'ask a question they already answered if I bothered to read' isnt as enlightenning as you perceive it to be.ย 

Which team outside SL is stronger than Salford ?

8 hours ago, ShropshireBull said:

ย 

Rugby League is a sport, played on a pitch by 13 (17) players.

I don't know what it is that you're doing, it appears to be some sort of God plays Rugby League structures. But it's not sport and deciding clubs' futures based entirely on how "damaging to the product" you think they are would be deeply damaging to the sport's interests.

ย 

On topic, the disappointment of the BBC pulling out so promptly is that there is less likely to be any sort of bidding war if C4 are interested. Which may involve it being provided FOC which would be a disappointing result.

ย 

Archived