Sky

5 minutes ago, spanishknight said:

Are Sky only showing one game, (Friday) this weekend can't find any other.

According to my Sky box Hull KR vs Castleford live on Saturday evening. 

Don't they usually show fewer games on the weekend after Magic?

Helpful thread title, by the way.

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

Just now, spanishknight said:

Thanks everyone, see Fridays game is on  channel 416 then Saturdays is back on 408 

This website is usually up-to-date, and well worth bookmarking: https://www.rugbyleagueontv.com 

Let me never fall into the vulgar mistake of dreaming that I am persecuted whenever I am contradicted.
Ralph Waldo Emerson

21 minutes ago, Fevrover said:

I bet most on here will follow your lead with all the moaning we get about Sky (RL).

Then Sky notice the drop in subscriptions from Rugby League fans, and offer even less next time...

Ralph Waldo Emerson

1 minute ago, LeeF said:

Are they showing the pre season friendlies next February as I’m looking forward to those key game saving matches

I have no idea - I just consult rugbyleagueontv.com. but i doubt that Sky schedule that far ahead for friendlies 🤔

5 hours ago, weloveyouwakefield2 said:

Apparently there will be more rugby on sky sports mix channel in the next few weeks. I pay for sky sports hd but sky sports mix isn’t included so I watch that in normal definition which is rubbish!!! Why they do this is beyond belief?? Sky sports hd should mean all sky sports channels?? 

If your not getting Mix in HD, that's actually because you are NOT paying for HD.

Sky (rather outdatedly) still charge a fee, as it has done since HD launched in 2006, for its HD content stretching beyond sport to its entertainment and on demand content.

However a couple of years ago they decided to give away the Sky Sports HD channels away for free so that the HD charge is now just covering the likes of ITV 2/3/4,E4,More 4,Sky One, Sky Atlantic etc etc.

Sky Sports Mix is in the entertainment package rather than sports package hence why your not getting it in HD because your don't pay for entertainment channels in HD. 

Yes I know that's mad but that's how they ado it.

If you pay the £10 HD charge you can ring sky tell them to scrap it and you'd still get Sky Sports (except Mix) channels in HD but lose ITV 2/3/4,E4,More 4,Sky One, Sky Atlantic etc in HD. 

19 hours ago, Futtocks said:

Then Sky notice the drop in subscriptions from Rugby League fans, and offer even less next time...

If they offer less then maybe it will be time for the RL to reject their offer? The Sun was reporting yesterday that the RL is considering rival TV bids in relation to their free to air secondary TV contract to make up for the £16m shortfall on the latest Sky deal.

On 09/09/2021 at 19:40, Futtocks said:

So what, if people are not happy with the Sky offering do you expect them to continue paying the subscription so as not to upset other folk? Or is it all for the good of the game.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

So what, if people are not happy with the Sky offering do you expect them to continue paying the subscription so as not to upset other folk? Or is it all for the good of the game.

No, but it is a vicious circle.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

15 minutes ago, Futtocks said:

No, but it is a vicious circle.

Yes it is and unfortunately it is a numbers game, but honestly I don't consider that the rule makers, coaches and player's realise they are in the entertainment buisness, the rules are stifling, all the teams are seemingly coached to play the same way it's just that some teams do it better than others, and the amount of gamesmanship in shaming injuries by all teams as a much used tactical ploy is enough to turn many people off incuding me.

1 minute ago, Harry Stottle said:

Yes it is and unfortunately it is a numbers game, but honestly I don't consider that the rule makers, coaches and player's realise they are in the entertainment buisness, the rules are stifling, all the teams are seemingly coached to play the same way it's just that some teams do it better than others, and the amount of gamesmanship in shaming injuries bu all teams as a much used tactical ploy is enough to turn many people off incuding me.

I think it's the lack of punctuation that is killing the game. That and the relentless negativity of people who go extremely bloody quiet when there's a good game or good news, but swarm like vultures over every bad point and treat it like it's the end of the world on a weekly basis.

Ralph Waldo Emerson

22 minutes ago, Havenwarrior said:

Nice to see Sky promoting 3 Grand Finals, but not 1 mention of Champ GF. Only mention for SL, Ladies and Wheelchair.

HW

Promoting in what way? A little late in the season to be showing finals without showing  the entrée.

Archived