Grand final - will it be full?

• Replies 153
  • Created
  • Last Reply
5 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Agreed, just looked up and I was surprised to read that Saints v Salford only had 64k there, it felt like it was almost full, great evening that was.

There was a lot of talk of Magic being a lot less and it ended up being a normal attendanceĀ 

Let's all get there and sell it. I am up to 5 in my group and in negotiations with persuading others to do the 400 mile round trip over the weekend too!Ā 

21 minutes ago, Bedfordshire Bronco said:

There was a lot of talk of Magic being a lot less and it ended up being a normal attendanceĀ 

Let's all get there and sell it. I am up to 5 in my group and in negotiations with persuading others to do the 400 mile round trip over the weekend too!Ā 

Agreed, Iā€™ve got three lads coming from Norfolk, none of them have ever been to a game of RL but they like live sport and areĀ sold by a day on the lash in Manchester.Ā 

We need to be clear-eyed about the fact that any individual Dragons fan who makes it over to the GF with a week's notice has pulled off a logistical and/or costly miracle. It would be hard enough in a normal year without PCR tests and reduced transport to contend with. It really can't be compared with deciding to drive up from Brighouse the night before.

If Catalans do make it, I imagine the club will have found a way to get a few hundred over if they are able to take time off and pay Ā£700+ for a club trip. Anything above that would be amazing.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, Ā£7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a Ā£2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

18 hours ago, yipyee said:

Saints vs warrington = sell out

Hull vs Hull KR very unlikely final but may come close to a sell out.

Any other than this no.Ā 

Wigan fans are unhappy of late

Catalan have Covid travel issues

Hull, dont think their fans would turn out in numbers against current top 4.

Hull KR, maybe sell 10k and be similar to the Saints Salford final.

Ā 

Having a proper band playing who appeals to all age groups and is more mainstream would help.

Playing at half time like the super bowl with different pre game entertainment should be the format

Surely Hull v Hull KR would be packed?Ā 

Ā 

The problem about the SB format is that they have an extended half time for the entertainment. I suppose that NFL players can handle that more easily than RL because they are used to spending time sat around. I wonder how the teams would feel about having a half hour half time? It'd probably interrupt the flow of the game too much as well - it'd feel like two mini games, don't you think?

20 minutes ago, zorquif said:

Surely Hull v Hull KR would be packed?Ā 

Ā 

The problem about the SB format is that they have an extended half time for the entertainment. I suppose that NFL players can handle that more easily than RL because they are used to spending time sat around. I wonder how the teams would feel about having a half hour half time? It'd probably interrupt the flow of the game too much as well - it'd feel like two mini games, don't you think?

Plus as I fan I go to watch the match, not half time entertainment. I literallyĀ couldnā€™t care less what band is on or anyĀ other entertainment than the game itself.Ā 

3 hours ago, Just Browny said:

We need to be clear-eyed about the fact that any individual Dragons fan who makes it over to the GF with a week's notice has pulled off a logistical and/or costly miracle. It would be hard enough in a normal year without PCR tests and reduced transport to contend with. It really can't be compared with deciding to drive up from Brighouse the night before.

If Catalans do make it, I imagine the club will have found a way to get a few hundred over if they are able to take time off and pay Ā£700+ for a club trip. Anything above that would be amazing.

You also need a passport now (post Brexit)Ā to visit the UK, which a lot of French don't have.

Just now, Eddie said:

You always needed a passport to come here from France I think? We certainly always needed one to go there.Ā 

French people carry ID cards, which UK accepted pro-Brexit but no longer. We don't have ID cards so passports were always the only option.

It doesn't sound like a big deal, but my in-laws (Belgium) can travel all over the EU with their ID cards and that is more than enough travel for them, so paying Ā£100+ for a passport just to visit the UK can be a deterrent.

I can confirm 30+ less sales for Scotland vs Italy at Workington, after this afternoons test purchase for the Tonga match, Ā£7.50 is extremely reasonable, however a Ā£2.50 'delivery' fee for a walk in purchase is beyond taking the mickey, good luck with that, it's cheaper on the telly.

49 minutes ago, Eddie said:

Plus as I fan I go to watch the match, not half time entertainment. I literallyĀ couldnā€™t care less what band is on or anyĀ other entertainment than the game itself.Ā 

I sort of think that is the point. You're going to watch the game, and that is great. ButĀ if you put a decent band on at half time, someone who isn't that bothered about the game might come along. You're not lost as a customer, and a new consumer might just be gained.Ā 

4 minutes ago, zorquif said:

I sort of think that is the point. You're going to watch the game, and that is great. ButĀ if you put a decent band on at half time, someone who isn't that bothered about the game might come along. You're not lost as a customer, and a new consumer might just be gained.Ā 

I wouldnā€™t go and watch a sports event just because a band I like were playing one song at half time, but yeah maybe youā€™re right. Giving away two free pints with every ticket might be better.Ā 

Hence the half hour SB style extravaganza, I suppose. That's a fair few songs... As much as I would enjoy the two pints per ticket, I don't think that would be warmly welcomed by quite a few folk - especially with RL being the family sport that it is!

20 minutes ago, Eddie said:

I wouldnā€™t go and watch a sports event just because a band I like were playing one song at half time, but yeah maybe youā€™re right. Giving away two free pints with every ticket might be better.Ā 

Free beer ? Now that would get the lager louts out in force lol.

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Music and sport go hand in hand, they are a great match and done well can be a big draw.Ā 

Problem is we find a band that appeals to the customers already going and announce it to them. Ageing indie bands are great, but then I'm a 43 year old white Northern man brought up on this stuff.Ā 

1 hour ago, Eddie said:

Music and sport go hand in hand, they are a great match and done well can be a big draw.Ā 

Problem is we find a band that appeals to the customers already going and announce it to them. Ageing indie bands are great, but then I'm a 43 year old white Northern man brought up on this stuff.Ā 

The cup final was played at the wrong time of the year for the French, everything was to expensive to travel plus i believe they had problems with getting coaches for the fans due to France shutting down for summer holidays. This time it will be Covid restrictions poor old Catalan fans not having much luck.

Archived