End of season signing deadline - anyone know the rules this year?

Just noticed that Bradford yesterday announced the signing of a new player (Eldon Myles) and have named him in their squad for this weekend's game.

The end-of-season deadline for signings was August 6th. There was a special dispensation for loans to be allowed after this date provided the player didn't have a cap value of over 40k, but Myles wasn't attached to any other club as far as I know and has been announced as a signing not a loan.

Does anyone know what rule permits this signing? I'm not doubting it's legit but just wonder if that means there's still pretty much a free-for-all for signings.

My only guess is that it's a Covid replacement signing as that is mentioned in the Operational Rules but that isn't a straightforward rule to understand

The governance of the sport is a shambles ,in almost every facet.

I'm surprised the happy clappers on here haven't replied,as they must know that the most transparent of governing bodies would have everything in order at this time in the season.

The best I can do is this - https://www.loverugbyleague.com/post/rfl-relax-rules-on-player-movement-in-super-league/

But Super League play by their own rules,Bradford and the RFL have their own relationship,and the rest of us endure the insouciant lottery.

Ineligible players in the play-offs and the resulting disciplinaries will be hilarious. 

No reserves,but resilience,persistence and determination are omnipotent.                       

9 minutes ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Matt Shaw answered this by revealing that clubs are allowed to sign players with a cap value of under £20k after the deadline. I don't think this was ever publicly announced mind you!

That 20k rule is apparently the reason that Fax have not been able to add players to the squad at the back end of the season. What ever the rule is we are up to the limit apparently. It also sounds like we only found out about the rule after releasing Springer. 🤣

18 hours ago, The Phantom Horseman said:

Just noticed that Bradford yesterday announced the signing of a new player (Eldon Myles) and have named him in their squad for this weekend's game.

The end-of-season deadline for signings was August 6th. There was a special dispensation for loans to be allowed after this date provided the player didn't have a cap value of over 40k, but Myles wasn't attached to any other club as far as I know and has been announced as a signing not a loan.

Does anyone know what rule permits this signing? I'm not doubting it's legit but just wonder if that means there's still pretty much a free-for-all for signings.

My only guess is that it's a Covid replacement signing as that is mentioned in the Operational Rules but that isn't a straightforward rule to understand

The Bulls' website article clears everything up..... Clearly have the same proof reader as Fev! 

Archived