Gomersall

• Replies 68
  • Created
  • Last Reply
1 hour ago, Henson Park Old Firm said:

I like it, its growing on me

spacer.png

England has the 3 lions Hill KR have the 3 Robins

Very nice. They could have filled the space within the shield a bit more but that's minor.

I was born to run a club like this. Number 1, I do not spook easily, and those who think I do, are wasting their time, with their surprise attacks.

39 minutes ago, Chrispmartha said:

Yes im usually the first to criticise RL rebrands but this looks ok on first look, as always id like to see more of the supporting branding to make a proper comment 

https://www.hulldailymail.co.uk/sport/rugby-league/hull-kr-badge-brighter-future-5898203.amp?__twitter_impression=true

Looks decent.

new rise.jpg

Not a bad effort that I think.

The old fashioned "town crest" type logos are really outdated, and look daft to most of the generation who will buy merchandise these days, and also look poor from a corporate point of view.

Chapeau to Hull KR for trying to preserve a bit of their heritage but in a modern logo that incorporates the Robin. Definitely one of the better re-brands I have seen in Rugby League. 

44 minutes ago, DI Keith Fowler said:

Very nice. They could have filled the space within the shield a bit more but that's minor.

I think that's my main issue with it: a lot of empty space within the shield. It's like they don't fit.

I like how they've incorporated the robins and the shields together. It's a good effort I'd say.

Wells%20Motors%20(Signature)_zps67e534e4.jpg

Quite clever that.

I'm obviously not going to go as far as "I like it", but is it a temporary thing or are they sticking with it?

Because, although I don't know when they came up with the original badge, I'm assuming there's 133 years of history linking Hull KR to the three crowns of Hull...

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

I believe these new simpler styled rebrands are mainly about how they then transfer lookswise on digital devices.

Of course the more radical you go then the more you can hope to recoup greater merchandise sales of the new design too - if it is liked and well received!

I actually think Hull KR have reached a good compromise by not overly tinkering with an already good badge.

3 hours ago, Man of Kent said:

Hull KR are getting a lot of things right on & off the field this season. Possibly why their CEO is on the new SL/RFL working group.

Yeah Lakin certainly seems a different character to Hudgell (I know he retains a major ownership). As an attitude it seems like Hull KR are looking up rather than down, which is good for them and the sport.

10 hours ago, Wellsy4HullFC said:

I think that's my main issue with it: a lot of empty space within the shield. It's like they don't fit.

I like how they've incorporated the robins and the shields together. It's a good effort I'd say.

The empty space is there for a reason, it makes it work when the crest is used small, if it was more tightly packed the elements would look as though its ‘filling in’ or merging together, it’s all part of making the logo work across different formats.

More detail on the rationale and process here for those interested -

https://badge.hullkr.co.uk

Also, great example of excellent change communication and implementation I think 

The single robin graphic works really well in digital media when it’s animated, impressive. Have to say whether you like it or not the graphic designer that had the ‘eureka’ crown > robin moment certainly earned their money that week eh - clever 

Apparently this site says I "won the day" here on 23rd Jan, 19th Jan, 9th Jan also 13th December, whatever any of that means. Anyway, 4 times in a few weeks? The forum must be going to the dogs - you people need to seriously up your game. Where's Dutoni when you need him?

4 hours ago, Hull Kingston Bronco said:

The single robin graphic works really well in digital media when it’s animated, impressive. Have to say whether you like it or not the graphic designer that had the ‘eureka’ crown > robin moment certainly earned their money that week eh - clever 

There's also an implied chevron in the shaping of the birds head, and although HKR don't incorporate it directly on their kit, it is synonymous with RL club kits the world over. Perhaps unintended or even subconsciously included, it does add to the designs' significance. 

It's good, in fact it's very good.

20 hours ago, voteronniegibbs said:

...... but not many will want to. 

A long time ago (1985) I met two girls from Hull, wearing their replica shirts, in Benidorm.

It was in the week leading up to the Wembley final.

I leaned in and said ''What about Wigan then?'' and one of the girls, jabbed her two fingers into my eyes. 

On 10/09/2021 at 20:45, GUBRATS said:

Is it just me or does it make me think ' angry birds ' ? 🤔😉

May be an image of text that says "SINCE 1985"

Hull FC....The Sons of God...
                                                                     (Well, we are about to be crucified on Good Friday)

Archived