Lam: Mentally tough

Warriors News

• Adrian Lam reacts to Wigan’s win over Hull FC on Saturday.
  • Lam: “I’m really proud of the efforts defensively.”
  • FT | Hull FC 0-10 Wigan Warriors.

Adrian Lam has praised Wigan’s defensive efforts after the Warriors nilled Hull FC on Saturday afternoon – their second nilling of a team in consecutive away games.

Wigan beat Hull 10-0 at the MKM Stadium following tries from Jake Bibby and Zak Hardaker.

The Warriors returned winning ways in the Betfred Super League and nilled a home team for the second time in three weeks following the 22-0 victory at Castleford in Round 22.

Talking to the media after the result on Saturday, Lam said: “It wasn’t the prettiest game but I’m really proud of the efforts defensively.

“I challenged the team at half time to fight for each other and they did that. It was really important we scored first. I liked the mentality – we were mentally tough and physical too.”

𝙒𝘼𝙍𝙍𝙄𝙊𝙍𝙎 😍#NeverGonnaStop 🍒⚪ #WWRL pic.twitter.com/to47U3EYdp

— Wigan Warriors 🍒⚪ (@WiganWarriorsRL) September 11, 2021

The head coach added: “If you’ve got your defensive aspect right at this time of the year you’ve got a chance. We were together and connected in defence and we held them out.”

The win in East Yorkshire confirms Wigan’s place in the 2021 Play-Offs and Lam spoke about backing it up against Catalans Dragons next week in what is the final game of the regular Betfred Super League campaign.

“It’s important we are a confident team at this time of the year,” Lam said. “It seems we’ve got a little of that back now. We have Catalans at home next week which is a massive game and we have to make sure we get that right leading into the finals.”

WIGAN-V-Dragons-795x461px_1.jpg

The boss was asked about why Oliver Gildart and Sam Powell both came off the field in the second half.

“Both were precautionary reasons,” Lam said.

Adrian-Lam-1024x256.png

The post Lam: Mentally tough appeared first on Wigan Warriors Blog.

View the full article

Archived