Who stays and who goes

Butch

I feel that we need a couple of big forwards to deal with the demands of the higher league. We have two promising local half-backs but to thrust them into the championship and expect them to thrive is a bit of an ask. We need to find an experienced half back to lead the team and move us round the field. We need to stop up and be competitive at that level. Some of the current squad simply won't cut it at that grade of rugby and it calls for pragmatism rather than any feelings of loyalty to players who have done O.K. this season - against what in the most has been none too impressive opposition. Tough decisions to be made but the business case is that if we go up and cannot compete then the attendances will drop below 1,000 again. Of course who we let go will depend on who we can get in.

No doubt some tough decisions to be made about the squad but I’m confident we have the people to make those decisions.

The playing squad this season can be proud of themselves for what they have achieved.

Of course with getting promoted the quality of players steps up,I’d like to think quite a lot if the current squad would like to challenge themselves at that level.

Glad I don’t have to make the decisions though,I’m on the fence😬

I'd say let the lads celebrate promotion. I think last thing they need is fans on a forum speculating who isn't and who is good enough for the championship a day after they've won the league. 

18 hours ago, RSN said:

I'd say let the lads celebrate promotion. I think last thing they need is fans on a forum speculating who isn't and who is good enough for the championship a day after they've won the league. 

Hopefully the board will have been having such "speculations" for the past few months and the players themselves will have been weighing up their options. 

Archived